Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This listing has three bedrooms and a bath.
• Suited to families up to 7 to 9, please enquire.
• Additional listing- Queen "Bali" En Suite
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This listing has three bedrooms and a full bath.
• This property is suited to couples or families up to 7 to 9, please enquire.
• Home is owner occupied....
• 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals.
• THREE BEDROOMS ....... (sleeps seven)
• Three bedrooms and beautiful bath upstairs.
• One large King bedroom.
• One comfy Queen bedroom.
• Third bedroom has Three Twin beds.
The other listing I have is an En Suite with a comfort Queen, on the main floor. Please see my other listing-
• • • "Peaceful Queen Bed & Bath En Suite" I call it the "Bali Room" ...french doors to the peaceful deck and the NW Bali hut deck for relaxing or meditation!
Guests have access to:
••• Living room, Fireplace, Dining room.
••• Spacious front porch for enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. (UNTILL 10pm)
••• Backyard relaxation, meditation deck. (UNTILL 10pm)
Interaction with Guests
I will interact as much or al little as necessary... here to help answer questions about the area and to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as I can!
• FOOD CLOSE BY...
All within a few blocks... on Sandy Blvd. Walking distance:
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sandy
• Rose City FOOD CARTS!
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe - GREAT breakfast cafe- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- GREAT burgers- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood "Saturday Market"- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
Located CLOSE-IN- NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District... ROSE CITY PARK
• Close to PDX airport- 4 mi.
• Close to City Center- 4 mi.
• Close to Oregon Convention Center- 2 mi.
• Train station- Bus station- 4mi.
• Close to public transit- Tri-met #12 bus stop one block away
• Max line - Stops at 42nd or 60th.
• Voodoo Doughnuts- 15th & NE Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• An hour & 1/2 drive WEST to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley WINE COUNTRY
• East to the Columbia River GORGE- Multnomah Falls and many waterfalls and short hikes
• Mt Hood for skiing/snowshoeing/hiking
• Hood River where the wind surfing happens!
Other Things to Note
Guests who would most appreciate staying here are those interested in having the "Portland Experience". The home is clean and well kept, vintage, artsy and comfortable. The location is the best - close to great restaurants, food carts, parks and public transportation. I hope to have many repeat customers and look forward to meeting many more new guests."
• Beautiful newly finished softwood floors... 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals. PLEASE... NO SHOES... NO Wheels... No heels...
• please remove shoes at the door... Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things. Light cooking only please, no frying bacon
• Please replace any items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available for purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic, garbage
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
Great check in and check out experience with keyless entry.
Bruce was a friendly and personable host, who kept his house well maintained. Bedding and towels all well prepared. Cups ready for water. Easy street parking right infront of the house, in a safe neighborhood. Close drive to downtown Portland, and other surrounding areas full of good eats.
Would recommend to larger groups who like a homey classic home stay :)
Quaint house in a great location. Little awkward if you have a large loud family upstairs trying not to disturb guests downstairs. Loved the large tub upstairs. Central location made getting to airport and downtown easy. Bruce was very accommodating, but rarely seen on our Thanksgiving trip. Overall, would definitely stay there again.
Bruce was home and met me the first day. Great conversation, and he had lots of tips for things to do and see during our stay in Portland. The home is beautifully done, and furnished in such a way it feels as if you've gone back in time; except for the high-end appliances in the kitchen! Wish we'd cooked there!
The location was perfect. A quick hop from the airport, and a quick hop to downtown.
For my first AirBnB experience, Bruce was responsive and friendly throughout the process. I had several questions that were already answered in his description, but when I inquired via email he responded very quickly with the info.
Arrival and departure was easy, and is as "hands off" or "hands on" as you as the guest could want. The home itself is beautifully appointed and can seriously accommodate a lot of people comfortably. There's nothing missing from the accommodations I could have wanted for.
This was a long overdue "buddies" trip and his home was perfect for us - we're a bunch of 30-somethings who like the "good life" (i.e. we like comfy beds, and nicely furnished accommodations), but also wanted a more "homey" feeling - Bruce has a really nice, private, comfortable setup in a cute neighborhood that's close to lots of fun stuff (FOOD).
Long story short, for all kinds of small to medium groups and families, this place has exactly what you need.
My first experience with airbnb and it was a memorable one. The house was described modestly for how great it actually was. The kitchen was enviable and the bed was dreamy. All of us enjoyed our overnight stay and the location was close to where our class was held. I would highly recommend this place. The owner came by in the evening and it was nice to meet him.
Bruce made us feel welcome and provided useful information on the local restaurant scene. We stayed in the King room and found the bed very comfortable. The room itself was quite spacious. The bathroom is shared with two other rooms.
The house is on a quiet tree-lined street, a block and a half away from a busy street that has restaurants and a bus route. We had access to the kitchen which was convenient for breakfast.
A good option in the NE part of town!
Wonderful experience at this location. There are two properties available at this location. With the $40 fee per person, I would suggest splitting a larger party up to avoid higher cost.
This host has 75 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for over 24 years as a Design Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and remodeling. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the list!
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand and Australia I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream • Believe • Create • Inspire