About This Listing
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This listing has three bedrooms and a bath.
• Suited to families up to 7 to 9, please enquire.
• Additional listing- Queen "Bali" En Suite
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This listing has three bedrooms and a full bath.
• This property is suited to couples or families up to 7 to 9, please enquire.
• Home is owner occupied....
• 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals.
• THREE BEDROOMS ....... (sleeps seven)
• Three bedrooms and beautiful bath upstairs.
• One large King bedroom.
• One comfy Queen bedroom.
• Third bedroom has Three Twin beds.
The other listing I have is an En Suite with a comfort Queen, on the main floor. Please see my other listing-
• • • "Peaceful Queen Bed & Bath En Suite" I call it the "Bali Room" ...french doors to the peaceful deck and the NW Bali hut deck for relaxing or meditation!
Guests have access to:
••• Living room, Fireplace, Dining room.
••• Spacious front porch for enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. (UNTILL 10pm)
••• Backyard relaxation, meditation deck. (UNTILL 10pm)
Interaction with Guests
I will interact as much or al little as necessary... here to help answer questions about the area and to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as I can!
• FOOD CLOSE BY...
All within a few blocks... on Sandy Blvd. Walking distance:
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sandy
• Rose City FOOD CARTS!
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe - GREAT breakfast cafe- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- GREAT burgers- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood "Saturday Market"- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
Located CLOSE-IN- NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District... ROSE CITY PARK
• Close to PDX airport- 4 mi.
• Close to City Center- 4 mi.
• Close to Oregon Convention Center- 2 mi.
• Train station- Bus station- 4mi.
• Close to public transit- Tri-met #12 bus stop one block away
• Max line - Stops at 42nd or 60th.
• Voodoo Doughnuts- 15th & NE Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• An hour & 1/2 drive WEST to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley WINE COUNTRY
• East to the Columbia River GORGE- Multnomah Falls and many waterfalls and short hikes
• Mt Hood for skiing/snowshoeing/hiking
• Hood River where the wind surfing happens!
Other Things to Note
Guests who would most appreciate staying here are those interested in having the "Portland Experience". The home is clean and well kept, vintage, artsy and comfortable. The location is the best - close to great restaurants, food carts, parks and public transportation. I hope to have many repeat customers and look forward to meeting many more new guests."
• Beautiful newly finished softwood floors... 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals. PLEASE... NO SHOES... NO Wheels... No heels...
• please remove shoes at the door... Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things. Light cooking only please, no frying bacon
• Please replace any items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available for purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for bottles, paper, plastic, garbage
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
Bruce was very communicative in advance and during our stay. While we didn't actually have the opportunity to meet in person, I felt very welcome, and questions were answered quickly via email. The home is lovely. Beds were super comfy. Would happily stay again should I find myself back in Portland.
Bruce shared his beautiful, relaxing home with us. It was the perfect place for a family reunion in PDX. We had the whole upstairs which was perfect for 3 adults and 4 kids. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen had everything the guys needed to make a Mother's Day Brunch, and the porch was warm and comfortable for enjoying the goings and comings of the neighborhood. The neighbor's Elf Village was a bonus for the five-year old in our party.
I stayed recently at this location with four friends over a weekend to explore the Portland area. When we arrived, the check-in process went very smoothly, everything was very clean and neat, and the house was beautiful as well.
None of us had been to Portland before, so we were unsure what to expect as far as neighborhoods. The street that our house was located on was neighborly and relatively quiet. This location offers several good options for food/entertainment within walking distance, and there is also fairly easy access to many of the restaurants and breweries around town (a 10 minute drive/taxi ride away).
Overall, we could not be happier with the quality and aesthetics of our stay; I would recommend staying at this location to anyone.
Bruce was extremely responsive and his home was as beautiful as it looks in the pictures. The location was really convenient and Bruce was pleasant ; this is at the top of our list for our next visit.
Wonderful time in this beautiful space! Highly recommend.
We had a great time in Portland staying in Bruce's place. The house really is beautiful -- a perfect old Portland craftsman -- and the location is great. The three bedrooms and private bath were just the right size for our family of four.
This host has 78 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and take pride in remodeling my 1915 craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and a designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire