About this listing
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This home has 4 bedrooms and two baths.
• Suited to families up to 6 to 9.
• Owner-occupied. I have an apartment in the basement.
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
in a GREAT Location!
This listing has three bedrooms and a full bath.
• This property is suited to couples or families up to 7 to 9, please enquire.
• Home is owner occupied....
• 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals.
• THREE BEDROOMS ....... (sleeps seven)
• Three bedrooms and beautiful bath upstairs.
• One large King bedroom.
• One comfy Queen bedroom.
• Third bedroom has Three Twin beds.
The other listing I have is an En Suite with a comfort Queen, on the main floor. Please see my other listing-
• • • "Peaceful Queen Bed & Bath En Suite" I call it the "Bali Room" ...french doors to the peaceful deck and the NW Bali hut deck for relaxing or meditation!
Guests have access to:
••• Living room, Fireplace, Dining room.
••• Spacious front and back porches for enjoying the peace of the neighborhood. (UNTILL 10pm)
••• Backyard relaxation, meditation deck. (UNTILL 10pm)
Interaction with Guests
I will interact as much or al little as necessary... here to help answer questions about the area and to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as I can!
• FOOD CLOSE BY...
All within a few blocks... on Sandy Blvd. Walking distance:
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sandy
• Rose City FOOD CARTS!
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Bakeshop- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Pitch Dark Chocolate- 53rd/ Sandy
• Du's Grill- They do Bento right!- 53rd / Sandy
• Zien Hong- Chinese- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery- 51st / Sandy Blvd.
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food- 50th / Sandy Blvd.
• New Deal Cafe - Breakfast cafe- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- Burgers- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 4121 NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 3930 NE Hancock St (40th & Hancock)
• The Hollywood "Saturday Market"- fresh, local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (Grocery Outlet's lot)
Located CLOSE-IN- NE Portland- on the edge of the Hollywood District... ROSE CITY PARK
• Close to PDX airport- 4 mi.
• Close to City Center- 4 mi.
• Close to Oregon Convention Center- 2 mi.
• Train station- Bus station- 4mi.
• Close to public transit- Tri-met #12 bus stop one block away
• Max line - Stops at 42nd or 60th.
• Voodoo Doughnuts- 15th & NE Davis Street, just off Sandy Blvd. There's also one downtown!
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• An hour & 1/2 drive WEST to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley WINE COUNTRY
• East to the Columbia River GORGE- Multnomah Falls and many waterfalls and short hikes
• Mt Hood for skiing/snowshoeing/hiking
• Hood River where the wind surfing happens!
Other Things to Note
Guests who would most appreciate staying here are those interested in having the "Portland Experience". The home is clean and well kept, vintage, artsy and comfortable. The location is the best - close to good restaurants, food carts, parks and public transportation. I have many repeat customers and look forward to meeting many more new guests."
• Beautiful newly finished softwood floors... 100 year old floors have just recently been re-finished and cannot accommodate heels, wheels or animals. PLEASE... NO SHOES... NO Wheels... No heels...
• please remove shoes at the door... Socks preferred, Quieter too!
• No pets please, I don't allow dogs or cats to stay.
• No smoking in the house. You may smoke outside.
• Quiet hours are: 10:00pm - 8:00am.
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors.
• Shared kitchen... some room in the frig for your things. Light cooking only please, no frying bacon.
• Please replace any items used.
• Beverages- wine, cider and beer available for purchase.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for return bottles, paper, plastic, garbage
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Great house. Clean, quiet, spacious. Lots of character. Every facility you would expect in your own home. Close to shops and station. Bruce is a great host that easily balances friendly hosting with leaving privacy for his guests. Knowledgeable about local area and helpful; he drove us to the station when it was raining.
Bruce is a decent host. My kids and friends enjoyed the stay at this cosy house. everything is as Bruce described. A very convenient location for first time traveller in Portland. Highly recommended. 非常好的房东，房间舒适漂亮，社区安静安全。地理位置很方便出行。
The house was beautiful and situated in a nice neighborhood. The bedsore very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.
We arrived late and Bruce had our rooms waiting for us. He gave us clear instructions on how to enter his lovely home and we had no problems at all. The bedrooms were clean and comfortable with plenty of room for everyone. The rooms were very comfortable and although the weather was in the 90's for the past few days, Bruce made sure the rooms were cool and comfortable enough for sleeping. The location made a perfect base for us as we visited downtown and the Gorge waterfalls. It also happened to be only a few blocks from our in-laws whom we were visiting. Although we were sharing the house with Bruce, it never felt like we were intruding. Thanks Bruce for a great first AirBnB experience.
Thank you so much for your kinddness! It was such a beautiful house and we were so happy to stay! We loved the beautiful kitchen and bathroom especially!
Bruce is a very nice host, warm and welcoming. He tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
Bruce's place was very very nice. our beds were comfortable, the bathroom was lovely... Bruce himself was very helpful, and particularly prompt in helping us set up our stay at the last minute. we didn't get to meet his daughter, but we did get to meet his son and I believe daughter-in-law, who were both nice, and his girlfriend, if that's the right word, it was especially helpful in making us feel welcomed. we didn't interact a whole lot with Bruce that was fine... We had a very nice comfortable stay in a nice comfortable neighborhood... quiet but easy to get to...
This host has 88 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce
Greetings! I call Portland home. Having worked in Television Broadcasting for 25 years as a Creative Director I have always had a passion for the arts, photography, design and take pride in remodeling my 1915 craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are also high on the passions list! My daughter Talia when not traveling somewhere exotic loves home and is an expert in raw food, good health coach and a designer. She has also lived abroad and is following her passions in life.
Portland is a great creative town. An amazing amount of culture abound. Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad, traveling in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, and France I gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some of my favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with new friends that I am looking forward to meeting ...and hearing where your travels have taken you!
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire