About this listing
• Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
• Close in NE PDX location! Hollywood/Rose City Park
• Suited for families up to 9.
• 4 bedrooms, two baths.
• Gourmet kitchen with nook and tea/coffee bar.
Beautifully restored 1915 Craftsman home...
Close-in NE PDX Hollywood District/Rose City Park
• Four bedrooms and 2 full baths.
• Suited to couples or families up to 9
• Large King bedroom.
• Large Queen bedroom.
• Third bedroom has Three Twin beds.
• Fourth bedroom is a cosy Queen En Suite located on the main floor... the "Bali Room" French doors to the peaceful deck, back yard and the Bali hut, for your relaxing pleasure!
• 100 year old floors recently re-finished. Please no heels, wheels or animals.
• Living room, kitchen, dining room, large front and back porch.
Interaction with guests
I will interact as much or as little as necessary... always close by and available to help answer questions about the area and to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as I can!
Walking distance to many great restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, bake shop, chocolate shop and food carts!
• Cabezon Seafood Bistro- 52nd & Sandy
• Rose City Park FOOD CARTS!
• Case Study Coffee- 53rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Pitch Dark Chocolate
• Du's Grill- Bento!
• Zien Hong- Chinese
• Laurelwood Public House & Brewery
• Gustav's Bier Stube-German food
• New Deal Cafe - Breakfast cafe- 53rd / Halsey
• Killer Burger- Burgers- 47th / Sandy Blvd.
• Whole Foods Market- 43rd / Sandy Blvd.
• Trader Joe's- 41st/NE Halsey
• Fleur De Lis Bakery & Cafe- 40th & Hancock
• The local Hollywood "Saturday Market"- fresh local produce all year! 42nd / Hancock (located in the Grocery Outlet's lot)
• Located close in NE PDX Hollywood District/Rose City Park
• Walking distance to many great restaurants, coffee shop, bake shop, chocolate shop, pubs, Rose City Park food carts!
• The neighborhood boasts a 91/100 walk score and a 98/100 bike score!
• City Center- 4 mi.
• Close to PDX airport- 4 miles.
• Oregon Convention Center- 2 miles.
• Train station- Bus station- 4miles.
• Close public transit- Tri-met #12 bus runs a block away on Sandy Blvd.
• Close Max line stops- 42nd or 60th.
• 1.3 mi. to Providence Portland Medical Center
• An hour & 1/2 drive WEST to the beautiful Oregon Coast!
• Easy one hour drive west to the Willamette Valley WINE COUNTRY
• East to the Columbia River GORGE- Multnomah Falls and many waterfalls and short hikes
• Mt Hood for skiing/snowshoeing/hiking
• Hood River where the wind surfing happens!
I have to mention Voodoo Doughnuts- NE 15th & Sandy Blvd. There's another downtown/oldtown.
Other things to note
Guests who would most appreciate staying here are those interested in having the "Portland Experience". The home is clean and well kept, vintage, artsy and comfortable. The location is the best - close to good restaurants, food carts, parks and public transportation. Convenient to the airport and downtown. I have many repeat customers and look forward to meeting many more new guests.
ASTR permit #(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)-HO
• Free street parking in front of the house
• Please remove shoes inside at the door
• Beautiful newly re-finished softwood floors...
• Quiet residential neighborhood, please respect our neighbors
• Quiet hours outside are: 10:00pm - 8:00am
• Light cooking only. Please no frying bacon.
• Please replace any items used.
• Compost bin in the sink for food vegetable scraps, coffee. Please no animal products.
• Recycle bins for return bottles, paper, plastic, garbage
• No parties
• No pets, this is an allergy free home
• No smoking in the house
• Before you depart please load any remaining dishes in the dishwasher. You can leave your bath towels and linens in place and I will take care of them upon your departure.
If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to help you out with them!
Most of all, please enjoy your stay here in this great home!
I am excited to share my beautiful home, some local favorite restaurants and neighborhood highlights with travelers and guests to my home here in Portland!
For 25 years I worked as a Creative Director in media/broadcasting. I've always had a passion for the arts, design, photography and take pride in remodeling my 1915 Craftsman home. Wine, cooking and traveling are my other passions.
Portlandia has definitely put us on the map. An amazing amount of culture abound here. I love to travel and the best experience is feeling comfortable and welcome wherever you end up. Having lived abroad in New Zealand, Australia, Bali, Mexico, Hawaii and France I've gained a fondness for guest houses, seeking out creative stays all along the adventure.
...where have your travels taken you?
Dream + Believe + Create + Inspire