Welcome! This charming studio apartment is part of a three-level building built into the hillside, with a fantastic view of the sapphire-blue Kaneohe Bay! This large apartment has 300+ sqft of room, with another 600+ sqft on the balcony, in a very quiet enclave of million-dollar homes, all overlooking the beautiful "K-bay". Wake up to a beautiful sunrise view, eat breakfast on the balcony, and get a nice tan at the same time. Look to the right from the balcony and you see the beautiful green of nature conservation acreage, not tall hotel towers, blocking the wind and your view of the serene K-Bay. Open up the sliding doors and let the wonderful ocean breezes blow in right into the living room and dining area.
Visitors who are looking for the "real" island experience on Oahu, Kaneohe is the place to be. As you cross over the Koolau range (sheer and jagged lava cliffs) from the airport, leave Waikiki's noise, traffic and tourist crunch behind, and enter the inviting, emerald fields of Kaneohe. Here, you can breathe in salty ocean breezes, not car fumes. Here you listen to the rustling trees & chirping birds, not the noise of crowds, traffic racket or police sirens. During the summer months, feel free to reach out and grab our awesome giant avocados off the tree growing beside the outside stairs.
• The apartment will comfortably accommodate 2 adults
• This is an entire apartment, and NOT shared
• This is the bottom-level unit, all the way down the hillside and requires navigation down 20+ stairsteps, with no convenient access ramps for the elderly or disabled
• Bus stops with routes to the North Shore, Lanikai &Kailua beaches and downtown Waikiki is down the hill from the house, about a 3-minute walk
• Restaurants, groceries, local Kaneohe shops are all under a 5-mile radius from house
• The living room area has sliding glass doors leading out to the balcony, with a picturesque ocean view of K-bay
• There are 2 sets of coin-operated washers and dryers on the top floor, accessible by all guests.
• Free parking for 1 medium-sized cars in the private parking lot overlooking the ocean
• 37” TV is in the living area
• Large balcony with partial ocean views has a small charcoal BBQ grill and table/chairs
• BEDS: 1 full-size bed on a raised alcove and 1 full size pull out futon/sofa bed in the living area
• Starter toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap are provided, as are towels, bed linens and blankets
• Kitchenette is equipped with a regular sized fridge, microwave, and a small 2-burner electric stove
• Basic dining ware items and cooking equipment are supplied
• There is no AC, but fans and natural ocean breezes keep the place cool
• USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor and USS Bowfin tour (5 miles)
• Snorkeling/scuba/surfing activities
• Hiking trails at Diamond Head, Maunawili Falls, Makapu’u Lighthouse, and more
• See the breathtakingly gorgeous beaches of the North Shore
• Catch the golden sunset views from one of the Ko’Olina lagoons
• Visit the Dole Plantation to try the unique and tasty pineapple ice cream
• There are over 25 golf courses on the island
• Drive to Kailua’s white sand beaches are only 10 miles away, to the south
• Sign up for K-Bay’s famous Sandbar parties on barges or glass-bottomed boats that launch out of the He’eia Marina, a 4-minute drive from the house
• Check out the “crashed airplane” prop used for the “LOST” TV series, just across the He’eia Marina
• Drive down Kamehameha Highway to the Sealife Aquarium, the setting for "50 First Dates", and play the ukelele like Adam Sandler, while you're at it
• Head north on Kam Hwy to the Polynesian Cultural Center for their famous luau show, a mere 30-minute drive from the house
• For our military folks with access to the bases, plan for tee-time at the world-renowned and challenging golf course at the nearby Marine Corps Base (where President Obama and Tiger Woods played)
• A car is recommended to fully enjoy the island, and parking is FREE
• Place properly tied trash bags in front of or beside the mailbox every Wednesday and Saturday. If trash bags are not disposed of this way, security deposit will be charged $50
• This is a non-smoking house; cigarette butts not picked up off the balcony and yard will incur a $25 clean-up charge, as will trash thrown down the hill
• Beach towels are not provided due to heavy wear & tear on beach terrain, sand flea infestations and extra challenges with laundering and drying
• Spices and condiments are NOT provided for allergy/safety reasons---please bring your own
• Guests are strongly urged to strictly control kids from running around all over the place, or up and down stairs and the balcony, for their safety
• The hillside house setting tends to amplify noise due to its inherent arena theater sound effect. Please be advised that the wealthy and gentrified neighbors will NOT tolerate late night excessive noises. If parties held on the balcony go late and loud past 10 pm, we guarantee the cops will be called, and noise fines will be charged to your security deposit.
NOTE: We offer unparalleled, unbeatable deals for your budget-conscious trip to Hawai’i. In return, however, we highly value quiet, respectful and considerate Airbnb guests who are not planning to hold loud parties on site. Neighbors will NOT tolerate guests who talk loudly on the balcony--they WILL call the police to the premises. If noise fines are issued by the Honolulu Police Department, security deposit will be charged.
REMINDER: This is NOT a 5-star studio apartment; it is part of an older home built in an unassuming, yet quietly wealthy hillside community. We did our best to upgrade and renovate this 3-level home, but it retains some of its “old Hawaiian house” quirks. If you want POSH accommodations, we recommend booking at downtown hotels, with $150 a night for a similar studio condo.
WARNING: The occasional welcoming bug party is NOT indicative of uncleanliness. Everyone is bound to run into them at some point while on island. Even the Royal Iolani Palace has its imperial roaches & bugs. If you can't handle insects, we suggest booking at downtown hotels. We do all we can with pest control, but they remain Hawaiian-strong and particularly love to scurry indoors in rainy weather and cooler temperatures. If ants bother you, simply sprinkle salt on the trail to stop them. Otherwise, please ensure to keep food mess off the counters and store items appropriately to keep little critters from running indoors to partake of your food bounty.
Permit Number: W00621726-01
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$390 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1605 /month|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
A nice little appartment away from the city noise and stress of Waikiki. Everything / Equipment as announced by Mishael, whose communication and extra informations were very usefull and satisfying. Perfect for low budget arrival in Oahu if you have a rental car. Clean immediately after cooking, and the best thing is to store all the eating stuff in the fridge otherwise there are some additional "guests" - following this instructions you can handle it very easily.
Mahalo nui loa for the letter and the welcome guifts.
The place is in the bay of Kaneohe - you have a great view from the appartment ! Very friendly neighborhood, no hotels or too many tourists. With the car, it's only 20 min. to Honolulu or to Kailua with its beautiful beach. The appartment is small but has everything you need. Especially a lovely lanai. Altogether a perfect place to discover Oahu.
My husband and I stayed in this apartment and last week and it was absolutely perfect for us. It was fully equipped with all of your essentials for cooking. Communication with Mishael was outstanding! I Definitely recommend renting a car. There was a pretty strong sewage smell that came and went (we heard that could be common in Hawaii). Also BUY BUGSPRAY! The apartment is located in the jungle, mosquitoes are everywhere. If you are wanting to lounge on the "beach" in Konehoe Bay, you need to look elsewhere. It more of a sailboat harbor. In all, we thoroughly enjoyed are stay and would be back again!
Mishael's studio was perfect for a short stay while we looked for more permanent housing. The unit was quiet and parking was no problem. We did have a problem with tiny ants but discovered a quick countertop wipe down with Windex sent them on their way.
We had a fantastic week with our own apartment, easy to get to, no parking problems. Easy directions and we had no GPS, although a couple of times we got misplaced (road works) in the dark heading back to the apartment I used (website hidden) maps and that got us back on track. I loved having breakfast on the balcony each day.
My wife and I really really enjoyed our stay here. Perfect for a nice get away from the touristy attractions and hustle and bustle of Waikiki. It was in a really quiet area just as promised. The only downside, but mentioned in other reviews are the bugs. Nothing crazy, you just have to make sure to leave no kind of good out or the buggies will be all over it in seconds!
Great communication with Mishael. Everything as promised and certainly a great deal for a getaway.
This little Studio Apartment was perfect for our stay.
Although it's an older residence, it had everything necessary for complete comfort. After long days spent doing tourist things, it really felt like home. A nice place to relax.
Thanks for everything.
David P. Evans
Very clean and quiet. Enjoyed going out on the deck and soaking in the lush green forest area. This is a nice studio. We were comfortable and had what we needed.
This place is a budget room, good for a small group or a couple who are planning to travel the island a lot. To be honest, Oahu is a very tourist oriented location - I would suggest either visiting the other islands or just biting the bullet and staying in Honolulu. Kaneohe is definitely away from the hustle and bustle, but it is not a beach area. This area is mainly for boats, but you can reach beaches up and down the coast if you have a car. The room itself is modest, with the basics you would need to cook and get by. Don't expect any extras from this stay - I would suggest just crashing here with a group if you're more interested in exploring the island. It wasn't exactly what we had in mind, but for a budget option, it was fine.
That’s right, Camryn, this modest but private unit is meant for budget-oriented people, and is equipped with the “basics”, such as a bed, sofa, large TV, fridge. Of course it DOES have extra items that more expensive hotels do not provide such as a small stove, BBQ grill, free parking, washer/dryer (on the top floor) and hammock in the large balcony. If what you have in mind is paying hostel prices, but wanting a 5 star hotel amenities, then this unit is not what you should have booked. Marriott’s might be more what you “have in mind”. But it does come with a $500 a night price tag—and that may not be what you want or can afford, either. Airbnb is set up on the premise of giving tourists an option for cheaper lodging, but the expectation is that tourists understand we provide the BASICS, not a full-on, 5-star hotel service.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.