About this listing
Sunny warehouse/loft apartment in the heart of Sydney's best neighbourhoods. Located on the corner of two iconic Darlinghurst streets famous for laneway bars and eateries, and just footsteps to Surry Hills and Potts Point.
My apartment is a beautiful, simple, open plan / one bedroom loft with soaring high ceilings and hardwood floors that hint at it's previous life as a printing factory in the 1940s. It has huge windows that flood the space with glorious sunshine throughout the day and provide a refreshing breeze during summer. A few key features:
* Fully furnished with nice stuff, including a comfy queen sized bed and some great artworks by local illustrators and designers
* Free WiFi internet internet
* Wireless harman/kardon aura stereo system so you can stream your music wirelessly from any apple/android/pc or bluetooth enabled device
* Internal laundry with washer and dryer
* Sony Bravia smart TV
* The kitchen is fully equipped with gas cooking, microwave, a dishwasher and all the utensils, pots and pans you need
* All the essentials are included (so you can travel light): fresh towels, sheets, an iron and a hair dryer
Feel free to drop me a line and ask any questions.
The whole apartment is yours to enjoy! Depending on whether there is another guest checking in or out the same day, I can be flexible about check-in/out times.
Interaction with Guests
I will personally greet guests to hand over the keys. Once checked-in, I leave guests to make themselves at home but am just a txt/phone call away and always happy to share tips on local places to eat / drink / explore.
Darlinghurst is home to some of Sydney's best restaurants, coffee and designers. The apartment is located on the corner of two iconic streets (Crown St and Stanley St) - famous for eateries, bars, boutiques and galleries. It's also a very short walk through beautiful Hyde Park to the centre of Sydney city and is an easy stroll to many other awesome neighbourhoods, including the creative precincts of Surry Hills and Potts Point. With galleries, museums, the Royal Botanic Gardens and other harbour side parks (even the Opera House!) all within walking distance, the apartment really offers the ideal base to explore from.
A few location highlights:
* There are loads of fantastic restaurants and cafes located on the same street as the apartment - literally footsteps from the front door
* Some of Sydney's coolest wine and cocktail bars are hidden in the laneways surrounding the apartment building, including Kubrick's, Love Tilly Devine, Pocket, Shady Pines, The Hazy Rose and more...you won't need to budget for cabs when you are this close
* A few blocks away is Oxford St - home to Sydney's annual LGBTI Mardi Gras parade and nightlife
* There is a supermarket one block from the apartment open til midnight, 7 days a week as well as a convenience store located right across the road from the building
* A weekly sustainable farmer's market at Taylor Square every Saturday brings the best organic local produce to your doorstep
With many eateries, bars and attractions all within walking distance, most guests find they don't require a car and rarely resort to taxis. There are plenty of public transport options that make exploring further afield a breeze. The apartment is a short (7 minute) walk from Museum and Kings Cross train stations, making it super easy to directly access the airport and wider Sydney (as many different lines pass through these two stations). There is also a bus stop out the front of the apartment that provides quick and direct access to Circular Quay (the Opera House - though this is also a walkable distance) and Bondi Beach. The Central Business District is easily accessed on foot through Hyde Park in 5-10minutes.
Other Things to Note
I am the owner of this property, so you can be assured that it is not being sub-let and expect a high standard of amenity.
While Darlinghurst is one of Sydney's more bustling neighbourhoods, the apartment is located at the rear of the building and so enjoys a relatively quiet position. Once in a while my neighbour's might have a weekend party.
Finally, I request guests verify their identity with Airbnb's offline ID verification process. It is really quick and easy to do! See airbnb.com/verify for more details
For extended stays (i.e. anything of 1 month or longer) additional cleaning fees may apply.
I kindly request you treat my apartment, my neighbours and the environment with respect and care by following these rules:
- No smoking. Not anywhere in the apartment. Not even out of the window.
- No parties. This means, no big groups of visitors in the apartment and no more than two adults are permitted to sleep in the apartment.
- Keep music and noise to a minimum. No sound should be audible from outside of the apartment between 10pm - 7.30am Sunday through to Thursday inclusive, and 11pm - 8am Friday and Saturday evenings. Remember that the apartment is located in a residential apartment block and my neighbours are probably not on holiday!
- Please clean up any mess promptly. This means if you spill something: wipe it up. Keep food stored away and wash dishes daily to prevent any crawling visitors.
- Dispose of rubbish promptly (the garbage room is on the ground floor).
- If you find something is broken, or you accidentally break something, please notify me so that I can arrange prompt repair / replacement.
- No pets are allowed inside the apartment, sorry.
From Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2015 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Location is everything and Atari's place has it in spades. Add to that wooden floors, high ceilings, all mod-cons, windows so tall that only a giant could fully open them and you get a perfect place to explore Sydney from. Our special love goes to his HK Aura which kept the tunes playing during our whole stay. If you haven't figured it out yet then I'll spell it out - we loved it!
Super appartement, magnifiquement situé. Atari a tout fait pour nous faciliter la vie, même une panne d'Internet ne l'a pas empêché de nous trouver une clef 3G sous 12h .. A toutes les personnes qui veulent visiter sydney je recommande vivement !
Thanks Atari for a wonderful stay. I stayed in Atari's apartment for two weeks for work. Having been a previous Sydney resident a few years back, this is in a great location.
Close to Supermarket/Walk to Oxford Street and Kings Cross, as well as a wall across to Hyde Park and quite centrally placed to the city.
Atari was great to organise everything with and met with complete ease.
Thanks again Atari!
To my mind, this is the most wonderful place to stay in Sydney. Atari is an excellent host: great knowledge about the area and Sydney, great commendations about restaurants & coffee, and he's very responsive and always available for any information you may need yet otherwise provides you with total privacy.
And I wholeheartedly recommend the apartment: high ceilings with many windows and north facing, it's delightfully warm, bright & sunny during winter, and it's surprisingly close to many of Sydney's key areas - walking distance to the CBD, Kings Cross, Darlinghurst and Surry Hills. I even walked to the Opera House through East Sydney and the Royal Botanic Gardens! Also, the apartment is close to a lot of transport: train stations at Museum, St James or Kings Cross, and buses on Oxford or William Streets. And it's close to many great restaurants. Although the apartment is central to so much, it's surprisingly quiet and restful.
Again, I would highly recommend the apartment and Atari for any Sydney visitors.
We were staying at Atari's apartment for a little more than a week, and it was very comforting to be back every night from the long day around Sydney. Atari is an amazing host, giving us many suggestions on where to eat around the area and just helping us out with our requests! The interior is clean and really bright! Really enjoyed our stay there!
It was great to meet Atari and stay at his lovely apartment. The apartment is very centrally located and is a easy walk to city, sights and public transport.
The apartment is bright and airy and we'll appointed. I would happily stay there again.
Atari was awesome, so helpful and sweet. The apartment is well located and just what you need. Highly recommend.
About the Host, Atari
Curious about the world and full of wanderlust. By day I work in research for a non-profit health organisation. As a traveller, I seek out experiences that offer me a glimpse into what local life is like in the places I visit. As a host, I love helping people discover beautiful Sydney and meeting people from all over the world.