Sunny warehouse apartment in the heart of Sydney's best neighbourhoods. Located on the corner of two iconic Darlinghurst streets famous for laneway bars and eateries, and footsteps to Surry Hills and Potts Point.
My apartment is a beautiful, simple, open plan / one bedroom loft with soaring high ceilings and hardwood floors that hint at it's previous life as a printing factory in the 1940s. It has huge windows that flood the space with glorious sunshine throughout the day and provide a refreshing breeze during summer. A few key features:
* Fully furnished with nice stuff, including a comfy queen sized bed and some great artworks by local illustrators and designers
* Free WiFi internet internet
* Wireless harman/kardon aura stereo system so you can stream your music wirelessly from any iOS/android or bluetooth enabled device (iphone, ipad, most android phones, tablets, laptops etc)
* Internal laundry with washer and dryer
* Sony Bravia smart TV
* The kitchen is fully equipped with gas cooking, microwave, a dishwasher and all the utensils, pots and pans you need
* All the essentials are included (so you can travel light): fresh towels, sheets, an iron and a hair dryer
Feel free to drop me a line and ask any questions.
The whole apartment is yours to enjoy! Depending on whether there is another guest checking in or out the same day, I can be flexible about check-in/out times.
Interaction with Guests
Most often, I will personally greet guests to hand over the keys. Once checked-in, I leave guests to make themselves at home but am just a txt/phone call away and always happy to share tips on local places to eat / drink / explore.
Darlinghurst is home to some of Sydney's best restaurants, coffee and designers. The apartment is located on the corner of two iconic streets (Crown St and Stanley St) - famous for eateries, bars, boutiques and galleries. It's also a very short walk through beautiful Hyde Park to the centre of Sydney city and is an easy stroll to Sydney's other equally awesome neighbourhoods, including the creative precincts of Surry Hills and Sydney's "mini Manhattan": Potts Point. With Sydney's museums, the Royal Botanic Gardens and other harbourside parks all within walking distance, the apartment really offers the ideal base to explore from.
A few location highlights:
* There are loads of fantastic restaurants and cafes located on the same street as the apartment - literally footsteps from the front door
* Some of Sydney's coolest wine and cocktail bars are hidden in the laneways surrounding the apartment building, including Love Tilly Devine, Kubrick's, Pocket, Shady Pines and more...you won't need to budget for cabs when you are this close
* A few blocks away is Oxford St - home to Sydney's annual LGBTI Mardi Gras parade and nightlife
* There is a supermarket one block from the apartment open til midnight, 7 days a week as well as a convenience store located right across the road from the building, open til late every day
* A weekly sustainable farmer's market at Taylor Square every Saturday brings the best organic local produce to your doorstep
With many eateries, bars and attractions all within walking distance, most guests find they don't require a car and rarely resort to taxis. There are plenty of public transport options that make exploring further afield a breeze. The apartment is a short (7 minute) walk from Museum and Kings Cross train stations, making it super easy to directly access the airport and wider Sydney (as many different lines pass through these two stations). There is also a bus stop out the front of the apartment that provides quick and direct access to Circular Quay (the Opera House - though this is also a walkable distance) and Bondi Beach. The Central Business District is easily accessed on foot through Hyde Park in 5-10minutes.
Other Things to Note
I am the owner of this property, so you can be assured that it is not being sub-let and expect a high standard of amenity.
While Darlinghurst is one of Sydney's more bustling neighbourhoods, the apartment is located at the rear of the building and so enjoys a relatively quiet position.
Finally, I request guests verify their identity with Airbnb's offline ID verification process. It is really quick and easy to do! See airbnb.com/verify for more details
For extended stays (i.e. anything of 1 month or longer) additional cleaning fees may apply.
I kindly request you treat my apartment, my neighbours and the environment with respect and care by following these rules:
- No smoking. Not anywhere in the apartment. Not even out of the window.
- No parties. This means, no big groups of visitors in the apartment and no more than two adults are permitted to sleep in the apartment.
- Keep music and noise to a minimum. No sound should be audible from outside of the apartment between 10pm - 7.30am Sunday through to Thursday inclusive, and 11pm - 8am Friday and Saturday evenings. Remember that the apartment is located in a residential apartment block and my neighbours are probably not on holiday!
- Please clean up any mess promptly. This means if you spill something: wipe it up. Keep food stored away and wash dishes daily to prevent any crawling visitors.
- Dispose of rubbish promptly (the garbage room is on the ground floor).
- If you find something is broken, or you accidentally break something, please notify me so that I can arrange prompt repair / replacement.
- No pets are allowed inside the apartment, sorry.
We were staying at Atari's wonderful loft for 2 weeks during christmas and new year and we really had a great time! only the neighbours have been bussy partying during the holidays, but except from a little music overload those two days everything was just perfect. It is usually a very quiet place and the apartement offers everything you need for feeling like home. The bed is incredibly comfy, kitchen fully equiped for cooking big meals, livingroom bright and friendly and the bathroom includes a nice shower. Overall the loft has a high design standart and was also clean. It's perfectly located in a good area of the city where we always felt safe. Supermarket, good restaurants and cafes are located just around the corner, just like the bus stop to city center, circular quay and bondi. But we mostly decided to go for a short walk through hyde park or the botanical gardens to get wherever we liked to. We highly recommend this apartement to everyone!
Thanks Atari for making me so welcome at late notice. I love the apartment, it had everything I needed. I was very comfortable and the location is great! So easy to get to everything - the city and great restaurants and food just a walk away. I would very happily stay here again.
A well appointed and homely apartment within walking distance of city, eateries, nightlife and public transport. Atari is a great host and very helpful. I highly recommend this place and will definitely use it again
Atari's apartment is fantastic. It is just like the pictures show. It's very comfortable, full of light and close to yummy food/coffee. I was in town for work and found the dining table easy to work at, and the wifi fast. I highly recommend his place and hope to be able to stay again the next time I'm in town.
Atari was an excellent host: always available for contact, very warm and welcoming, and gave me great advice about the services and interesting places to visit in the area. And his apartment is outstanding: very light and roomy (especially with the many large windows and high ceilings), walking distance to the city and public transport, and being at the rear of the building, very quiet. It had a great open feel to it with views of some greenery and buildings on William Street.
When I return to Sydney, *this* is the place that I would like to stay. Highly recommended.
I strongly recommend Atari's 'Darlo Loft'. It's clean, with a good layout and located close to some excellent restaurants and bars. It is also only a short walk to the CBD and harbour.
Atari was the perfect host. He was very easy to communicate with and had some great suggestions for us during our stay. Thanks Atari!
Atari is the perfect host - a wonderful communicator and very easy and accomodating. We absolutely loved this apartment - just right for us and located in surely one of the best neighbourhoods in Sydney. A few steps from Hyde Park, with great cafes & restaurants right on the doorstep. And easy walk to the CBD, to Kings Cross, to Oxford St and to all the fabulous restaurants of Surrey Hills. We got up early every morning and walked down through the park to the Botanical Gardens, and down to the harbour for an inspiring boost of nature, incredible views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Highly recommended - I hope we'll be back!
Curious about the world and full of wanderlust. By day I work in research for a non-profit health organisation. As a traveller, I seek out experiences that offer me a glimpse into what local life is like in the places I visit. As a host, I love helping people discover beautiful Sydney and meeting people from all over the world.