About this listing
This spacious apartment comes with all needed amenities and is well-connected to the historic centre by tram/bus (10 mins). The neighbourhood has lots to offer too: nice restaurants and bars, lots of shops and two lovely parks are around the corner.
The apartment contains the following rooms:
- The master bedroom, which snugly fits a comfortable queen size bed
- A spacious living room with a comfortable couch that is also suitable for sleeping on
- A smallish but perfectly functional bathroom
- A well-equipped kitchen/dining room.
- A balcony facing the west (very sunny in the afternoon)
Do check out the photos for an impression of all these rooms.
If you are interested in the apartment but it is not available in the period you request, check out my other listing - it is the same apartment, but cheaper since you will share parts of it with yours truly.
- Free WiFi access
- Towels and linen are provided!
- A nice book and DVD library for you to peruse on rainy days :)
- Hair dryer (no need to bring your own)
- An iron and ironing board (convenient if you're visiting for business purposes!)
- Lonely Planet of Amsterdam, 2012 edition
Interaction with Guests
Please note that I only rent out the entire apartment when I am away myself. This means that I will be your host from a distance: you can still direct questions to me through e-mail or by telephone.
For more urgent questions or emergencies, a good friends of mine who lives nearby is on standby to help you out whenever necessary.
The apartment is located in the Baarsjes neighbourhood, an "up-and-coming" area that is quiet compared to the constant touristy bustle of the city centre, but nevertheless has an impressive offering of pubs, coffee bars, shops and restaurants. Two parks (Erasmuspark and Rembrandtpark) are within walking distance of the apartment.
Access to public transport is excellent: a minute's walk to a stop where trams and buses will take you to the city center in 10 minutes, to the Central Station in 15, and to Schiphol airport in 40.
Other Things to Note
Check-in and check-out are flexible! If you are traveling back in the evening, it is no problem at all to leave your belongings at the house after 12:00 (provided no other guests will arrive that day).
The general rule is: make yourselves at home! You will receive your own set of keys and you are free to come and go at all hours.
However, there are a few things I'd like to call your attention to:
* Smoking is allowed, but only out on the balcony.
* If you are out on the balcony after 10PM, refrain from talking (except in a whisper). All my neighbors have their bedrooms on the courtyard, so you may disturb their sleep by talking loudly.
* If you can, take off your shoes inside the house. This both helps keep the floor clean and reduces noise for my downstairs neighbours.
* Unfortunately the flat is not pet-friendly.