If you ever wanted that dream vacation in Manhattan, but could never afford the ridiculous costs of hotels, then this is the perfect alternative. I am a young, professional male who travels often for work and will rent out my entire apartment. I have a 2-bedroom apartment in the heart of Chelsea, on 18th St. between 7 & 8 aves. It is incredibly tidy and close to everything. You cannot get a better spot in Manhattan than this. Details are:
- Close to the 1,2,3,A,C,E,F,M,V & L Subways
- Hundreds of world class cafe's & restaurants within walking distance.
- Walking distance from Times Square, Chelsea Art Galleries, Highline Elevated Walkway & the Meatpacking District.
- 2x Bedrooms (one contains a queen bed and the other is a home office which can be converted in to a bedroom using one of those fancy 2-person bed-size aerobeds, which are very comfortable - just see the reviews from previous guests).
- One bathroom with shower.
- Full kitchen with everything you need to cook.
- High speed internet with WiFi, Time Warner Cable, Flat Screen HDTV, BOSE Sound System with Apple AirPlay.
Great place, great location, great host!
We really enjoyed our stay here! It was four of us and a first-time New York experience for three.
1) The Host - Hamish was very nice and easy to deal with. Always responded quickly to any e-mails or text messages. Left clear directions as well as a nice list of local spots for eating, coffee, pharmacy, etc.
2) The Place - We were a party of four and were comfortable in the space. Just make sure you know how to share a bathroom :) The apartment is clean and has everything you need (kitchen, TV, Wi-Fi). You can hook up your iPhone wirelessly to the speakers for music, which I really liked. The beds were both comfortable, including the aerobed. The apartment is several floors up so keep luggage manageable.
3) The Area - Safe and very convenient. Quick walk to any necessities, whether it's the subway, restaurants, drinks, groceries, or shopping (Loehmann's is right there :D). The High Line park is also very close. You can walk to Times Square or hop on the subway for one stop. We found that it was a great central spot for all of the sights. We did the ferry tour to Central Park and everything in between.
4) Overall Experience - We really enjoyed a non-hotel experience and felt like New Yorkers for the weekend! I would highly recommend staying here for a stay in New York City. Great experience and price in a perfect location!
We found this 2-bedroom apartment clean, well kept, conveniently located, and ideal in size for our family of 4. We had a great time there during our long weekend stay. We didn't have a chance to meet our host in person, but he sent us very clear instructions about key handling at checkin/checkout and the whole process was very smooth. I would definitely recommend it.
Hamish is a very kind host. The communication was very easy and he was flexible in adapting to our times on arrival. The apartment is clean and functional and the location is perfect, with the subway really next his house. I slept comfortably on his aerobed located in his studio. Also we appreciated very much his advices about places to eat.
We had an amazing time in Hamish's apartment. Hamish is great - really friendly, really helpful. The apartment is fantastic - we loved the location, and were really comfortable there. We stayed with 3 people and it was the perfect size for us.
L'appartement d'Hamish est pratique, très confortable et idéalement situé ! Près des principales lignes de métro, on peut également se rendre dans les principaux lieux de Manhattan à pied depuis l'appartement. Hamish a très aimablement accepté nos horaires décalés (arrivée et départ tardifs) et s'est montré très prévenant. Le matelas gonflable dans le bureau était très confortable et la climatisation, un plus par 30 degrés !
We unfortunately did not meet Hamish personally. His friend was there to greet us and assisted us. Hamish did contact us several times to make sure all was well, which we appreciated. We had no problems and enjoyed our stay.
Hamish was an excellent host! He was very attentive and accommodating & my colleagues loved the space and it's proximity to many conveniences. We would definitely stay there again!! (Angie, not Maggie, but that's ok!). Thank you, Hamish! All best regards from us at West Supply in Chicago.
Our stay at Hamish's lovely Chelsea appartment was thoroughly enjoyable! We felt extremely well taken care of and our accomodations were very comfortable. The appartment is quite spacious by New York standards and very tidy and well-kept. To be perfectly honest, the pictures just don't do this place justice. Also, although I was hesitant about the airbed, it ended up being just as comfortable as my bed at home. For those, like myself, who come to NYC by car, there is a parking lot just a block away. Finally, the area is truly charming, with lots if shopping, art galleries, the Highline and Chelsea Market just steps away! I would highly recommend this appartment to any of my friends (some of whom are the pickiest of travelers!). I sincerely thank Hamish for a very memorable and enjoyable stay.
Second time at Hamish's place! We were 3 persons and stayed for less than a week. It was just perfect! As usual. At first, I wasn't sure about the air bed option - when a third person is added to the reservation, Hamish sets up an air bed in is personal office which becomes an extra bedroom - but in the end, it was soooo confortable and cosy. I really enjoyed my stay. And Hamish was full of consideration and very nice to us! This apt is a very good pick for NYC - great place in Chelsea/Meatpacking. It definitely helped us to spend a great time and leave NYC with good memories.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT