About This Listing
If you ever wanted that dream vacation in Manhattan, but could never afford the ridiculous costs of hotels, then this is the perfect alternative. I am a young, professional male who travels often for work and will rent out my entire apartment. I have a 2-bedroom apartment in the heart of Chelsea, on 18th St. between 7 & 8 aves. It is incredibly tidy and close to everything. You cannot get a better spot in Manhattan than this. Details are:
- Close to the 1,2,3,A,C,E,F,M,V & L Subways
- Hundreds of world class cafe's & restaurants within walking distance.
- Walking distance from Times Square, Chelsea Art Galleries, Highline Elevated Walkway & the Meatpacking District.
- 2x Bedrooms (one contains a queen bed and the other is a home office which can be converted in to a bedroom using one of those fancy 2-person bed-size aerobeds, which are very comfortable - just see the reviews from previous guests).
- One bathroom with shower.
- Full kitchen with everything you need to cook.
- High speed internet with WiFi, Time Warner Cable, Flat Screen HDTV, BOSE Sound System with Apple AirPlay.
1) Please remove your shoes inside the apartment - New York streets are dirty..!
2) I am a non smoker so please ensure all smoking is done outside.
3) Pets are not allowed in the building.
4) Please be respectful of neighbors and don't play loud music at night time.
5) Sitting on the fire-escape is against New York City law.
Other than that, it's very easy going...!
Great apartment clean and in an amazing location in Ny. Spacious and just perfect for 4 ppl.
James was very welcoming and accommodating. His apartment was clean and comfortable. It is a 4th floor walkup so you need to be prepared for that. The bed was comfortable and the additional aerobed was also quite nice. The location is perfect for all sorts of New York sightseeing and experiences.
Hamish is a very kind and flexible host. He was very accommodating regarding our arrival and departure. We didn’t have any problem with our ‘late’ check in (11 pm) and ‘late’ check out. All the instructions were clear and the entire process was smooth.
The location is simply perfect! Our choice was mainly based on that and we were really happy to find out that you can walk everywhere from his apartment (also from and to Penn Station. If you arrive by train it’s just a 10 minutes walk)! Anyway, you also have the subway really close too if you prefer not to walk. Highline and Chelsea Market just steps away.
Hamish’s apartment was also clean, cozy and had everything you might need for your staying (wifi included). You are close to grocery shop and nice restaurants if at night you are too tired to cook or to go around the city again (or if you have a two year old child and you have been walking all day!).
We really enjoyed our staying in Hamish’s apartment and we were also very surprised that even if the apartment has only few windows, we felt perfectly fine with that.
Our overall experience was great! I would recommend Hamish apartment. Unfortunately we didn't have the chance to meet him! One friend of him came to bring us the apartment's keys when we arrived in front of the apartment!
Hamish communicated extremely well and checked in during our stay to make sure we were doing fine. His apartment is just as described; clean, had plenty of room for the three of us and is located in a great location. I would highly recommend the apartment.
Great place, great location, great host!
We really enjoyed our stay here! It was four of us and a first-time New York experience for three.
1) The Host - Hamish was very nice and easy to deal with. Always responded quickly to any e-mails or text messages. Left clear directions as well as a nice list of local spots for eating, coffee, pharmacy, etc.
2) The Place - We were a party of four and were comfortable in the space. Just make sure you know how to share a bathroom :) The apartment is clean and has everything you need (kitchen, TV, Wi-Fi). You can hook up your iPhone wirelessly to the speakers for music, which I really liked. The beds were both comfortable, including the aerobed. The apartment is several floors up so keep luggage manageable.
3) The Area - Safe and very convenient. Quick walk to any necessities, whether it's the subway, restaurants, drinks, groceries, or shopping (Loehmann's is right there :D). The High Line park is also very close. You can walk to Times Square or hop on the subway for one stop. We found that it was a great central spot for all of the sights. We did the ferry tour to Central Park and everything in between.
4) Overall Experience - We really enjoyed a non-hotel experience and felt like New Yorkers for the weekend! I would highly recommend staying here for a stay in New York City. Great experience and price in a perfect location!
About the Host, James
I am a professional male from New Zealand who has lived and worked in New York City for six years. I work hard, travel a lot and lead an active outdoor life. I am an amateur triathlete and love to keep fit. I've lived in New Zealand, Brazil, Australia, UK and USA. I have a perfect little quintessential New York pre-war style apartment in the heart of Manhattan.
I eat here about 4 times a weekWest 18th Street New York NY 10011
Local vibe restaurant7th Avenue New York NY 10011-1813
A NYC hotspot, it has the Standard Grill (for great food) and clubbing on top of the hotel at either Le Bain or The Boom Boom RoomWest 19th Street New York NY 10011
The best coffee in Chelsea. They also accept Pay by SquareNew York NY 10011-3502
One of NYCs best French Restaurants8th Ave # A New York NY 10011-5149
One of the most important contemporary dance theaters in the United States8th Avenue New York NY 10011-1694
Groceries and Pharmacy8th Avenue New York NY 10011
Perfect for groceries6th Ave New York New York 10010
For any guest wanting to purchase an Apple Product.West 14th Street New York NY 10014
The local Whole Foods7th Avenue New York NY 10001
Great for food, wine, fashion and flowers.Madison Avenue New York NY 10128
One of my favorites10th Avenue New York NY 10011