About this listing
Whether you are working locally or holidaying in leafy Berkshire, stay in our converted barn on the edge of open countryside, close to Windsor, Henley and within easy reach of London. Stroll along the lane to the 14th Century pub for great food.
The Barn is a converted hay-loft, separated from the main house, in a semi-rural lane just North of Bracknell. We are close to Windsor and Maidenhead, and just fifteen minutes from Royal Ascot.
There is separate access to the Barn so can come and go as you please. There is parking on the main drive for your car. Bed linen and towels are provided.
Downstairs there's a kitchen/dining area equippped with everything you need for a short stay: fridge, microwave, slow cooker, kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery. There is internet access (wired and wireless fibre broadband). The toilet/shower room is also downstairs.
Upstairs there's a very comfortable king-size bed, a two-seater sofa and clothes storage/hanging space. There is also a television/ DVD player with a selection of DVDs, and a hairdryer. There is a nice view of the garden from the balcony.
The stairs are a spacesaver design (see photo). These are very steep and could be tricky for anyone who's unsteady on their feet or young children.
We have tried to furnish the rooms in a cosy and comfortable way, so that you feel like you are staying in a home rather than a hotel. We respect your privacy but will be available for you if you need us.
Our garden has recently been redesigned and you are welcome to sit outside and use the outdoor dining area. The doors at the rear of the Barn open up onto a private patio and deckchairs are provided.
We will leave some simple breakfast foods in the kitchen for your first morning - typically this would be a selection of croissants, cereal, breads, jams. Tea and coffee is provided, and we will leave you some milk in a proper glass bottle from our milkman.
The Barn is a good size for two people and is priced for a maximum of two. It can accommodate up to four in certain circumstances - please get in touch and we can see if we can help you.
The Village and Surrounding Area:
Binfield is a small village with three quaint pubs which serve good food. The Stag & Hounds - a 14th Century coaching house - is just at the end of the lane and about three minutes' walk from the property. There are also an Indian restaurant, a Chinese takeaway and a fish & chip shop - all at the top of the hill and within easy walking distance. There are also three major supermarkets a short drive away.
For fine dining, the Michelin-starred Royal Oak in Paley Street is close by. We are also near to The Fat Duck and the Waterside Inn at Bray, and 40 minutes from Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons in Oxfordshire.
This is a perfect country base for Royal Ascot and Henley Royal Regatta, The Guards Polo Club, and Legoland Windsor.
2015: Royal Ascot 16th - 20th June
Henley Royal Regatta 1st - 5th July
We know the area very well and can advise you on a wide range of leisure activities from rambling to ice hockey!
For business travellers, Bracknell is 5 minutes' drive, Winnersh Triangle 15 minutes, and Reading 20 minutes.
Trains to London Waterloo run regularly from Bracknell Station, and to London Paddington from nearby Maidenhead or Twyford stations.
Binfield is served by buses to several towns locally, and there is a very regular service into Bracknell.
We're looking forward to welcoming you.
• Car parking is for one car only. Please park considerately on the left side of the drive.
• If arriving late, please be respectful of our neighbours.
• No excessive noise at any time. Minimal noise after 9pm.
• Use appropriate dress and language as small children are about.
• Please ask in advance if you want any guests. No overnight guests.
• Keep The Barn clean and tidy. Leave it as it was when you arrived.
• No smoking in The Barn or the garden.
• Look after the furniture - use mats for hot drinks etc. Damages and breakages must be reported and paid for.
• Please use the main house bins for rubbish (green bin for general waste, blue bin for recycleable waste).
• Please turn off unwanted lights and heating.
• Lock The Barn when you go out.
• Return your key at the end of your stay.
• Ask for help and information. Be friendly! This is our home and not our business - how much contact you have with us is really up to you, but we are very approachable, around and about a lot of the day, and we will do our best to help you.
• Please leave a review on AirBnB after your stay - it helps us to make your stay even better, and you can share your experience with other AirBnB users.