About this listing
Fully furnished apartment located at the heart of the historical Gothic district, inside the ancient city walls, a few steps from the Cathedral, from the main Generalitat Square and close to the main city attractions: Borne district a few minutes away, Ramblas (5-10 min walk). Barceloneta & beach (10-15 minute walk).
Can either walk to main tourist sites or take metro or buses (flat is next to metro station Jaume 1).
Flat was recently renovated, it is very calm (double glazed windows) and it is completely equipped. Located on the 4th floor (real 5th floor without an elevator since it is in a historical building). The flat is located 30 minutes away from main Barcelona airport.
A great way to stay in a charming flat (like staying in a medieval area) and enjoy the wonders of cosmopolitan Barcelona like a local Catalan!
One or more weeks at my flat would allow you to:
- spend one or a few days wondering in the small gothic streets, tasting local delicacies, having a good glass of catalan wine or cava (local champagne). Visit all the gothic area sites like the cathedral whenever you want since everything is a few steps away!
- spend one or a few days enjoying the Barcelona beach which is just about 10-15 minutes away from the flat: you could go to the beach as you wake up, take a swim depending on the season or just relax and sunbathe on the beach, You could also walk along the coast and go to the Olympic Village area. You could have dinner at a restaurant with a direct view of the sea and maybe decide to later go to the local casino or just go to a bar to enjoy the latest music in front of the sea.
- spend one or a few days visiting the cultural sights of Barcelona: which are close at walking distance or take the Barcelona sightseeing tour: see the sights at the Gothic district, walk around the ramblas, see the Gaudi sights at the Passeig de Gracia or go to the Sagrada Familia, dine in a trendy restaurant at the Borne district or just decide to have dinner in a local Barceloneta restaurant or in one of the best paella restaurants of the city,
- do a lot of shopping if you want: either around Placa Catalunya (5-10 min walk from the flat), or at the Diagonal Mar shopping centre (10 minutes with a direct metro line), or go to the closest shopping outlet mall where you will find great spanish designer brands (Antonio Miro, Adolfo Dominguez, Elena Miro, etc) or international brands (Boss, Diesel, Versace, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Lacoste, etc) at very discounted prices (take a bus from downtown to the outlet - 30 to 45 min),
- keep in shape: spend one morning or afternoon in a thalassotherapy spa which is located at the beach (Barceloneta). (Entry cost around 15 Euros) or go to a beachfront gym (entry between 11-15 Euros) and enjoy the gym's swiming pool overlooking the sea and the W hotel,
- bike around the beaches or the main Barcelona sights. You can rent a bike at the gothic district,
- get close to nature and hike around the Barcelona hills. Get a wonderful view of the city from the Tibidabo mountain or other spots around the city,
- discover other beachfront sites close to Barcelona. You could take a train from the Passeig de Gracia station and go to Sitges (50 min train ride from downtown Barcelona), or to other beachfront spots like Castelldefels Platga or El Garraf (a place that has mediterranean restaurants with a greek style and with breathtaking views of the sea).
- discover other towns not far from Barcelona: you could rent a car for the day and go towards the north (Girona, the Costa Brava) or the south (Tarragona), or visit the Montserrat monastery.
As you can see, there are many reasons to go to Barcelona. But the most important thing is to feel comfortable at the place where you will stay, and to find the perfect place that will match your lifestyle.
I am open to rent my flat to people that want to enjoy the wonders of Barcelona but that will be SURE of taking care of my place and that will RESPECT my neighbours while being in a peaceful and comfortable environment. Please NO partying in the flat.
If you are an easy-going and respectful person,
if you are looking for a calm and harmonious flat,
and you are sure that you will respect my neighbours and the house rules, then this is the perfect place for you!!!
I will be happy to share my flat with you!
A stroll through the medieval alleyways and secluded squares of the Old City is the best possible introduction to Barcelona and the starting point for most visitors upon arrival in the city.
For a taste of the town's more grandiose architecture, Plaça Sant Jaume is flanked by two government buildings, the Renaissance palace of the Generalitat and neo-classical façade of the Ajuntament.
The Barri Gòtic is adjacent to the northeast side of the Ramblas.
Here began the history of Barcelona as the Roman settlement Barcino.
The former main roads go through the district today. Most preserved monuments date from the 14th and 15 centuries, the heyday as a maritime power.
Many narrow and winding streets dominate the skyline of the Gothic quarter, the Barri Gòtic.
The many sunny places before historic buildings
gather around the cathedral, the heart of the Barri Gòtic.
The Barri Gòtic was in the 20s fully rehabilitated and now shines in a new lustre. Some of the most beautiful and most famous museums are located in this area.
Many small, but very specific shops can be found in the streets.
The apartment is located a few steps away from Metro Jaume 1, and from buses that go directly to the beach and other areas of the city.
- NO PARTIES IN THE APARTMENT
- NO LOUD GROUPS
- NO SMOKING INSIDE
ONLY FOR VERY CALM PEOPLE OR FAMILIES
Exactly as advertised! Umbert made sure we got settled in and everything was perfect. It is in a great location of the city and close to major sites. Very quiet and very much a feeling of living in the middle of Barcelona. Highly recommend it!!
Umbert is a great host and the apartment was perfect! He was traveling during our stay but his associate, Juana, was there to greet us and show us around the apartment. Umbert reached out right away and made sure check in went smoothly and was also available to answer a minor question we had during our stay. He also went out of his way to provide some great recommendations for cafes and restaurants around Barcelona, which was very helpful given there are about a million places to choose from.
The apartment was just as we expected and the locations was really unbeatable. When I was first looking for a place to stay, I saw a lot of comments at other apartments in the area about it being a noisy neighborhood. We didn't hear a thing at Umbert's apartment, partly because of its 5th floor location, but also because of the heavy windows which kept the sound out. Like others mentioned, this is a 5th floor walk up so be prepared for lots of steps in a small stairway - but this didn't bother us at all. The apartment had everything we needed including some basic cookware, a washer/dryer, hair dryer and great AC.
We really enjoyed our stay at Umbert's and would definitely recommend it!
Everything the other reviews say I totally agree...what an amazing apartment in the most central of locations. Umbert has been extremely helpful and tentative to ensure we were happy and had everything we needed, which we did and more. Umbert and other do talk about the stairs but it's not until you actual endure them you realise how many they are, but don't be put off by this. The only thing that would have been nice was to get out onto the roof for some sun but the door was locked. Highly recommend.
Umbert was an exceptional host and, although we were unable to meet face-to-face, he called me on FaceTime once I had settled into his apartment to welcome me to the city. He was in constant communication with me leading up to the trip and sent me an incredible list of top restaurants and activities in the city. Go to La Bombeta for tapas as he recommends. There's no need to waste time searching elsewhere. The apartment itself was a terrific base for exploring Barceloneta, the Gothic quarter, and La Rambla. Close to historic buildings and many shops and eateries, we didn't have to walk far to find essentials. His apartment is equipped with a good Wifi connection, a capable air conditioner, a washer-dryer combo, and a refrigerator/freezer. All of these amenities added a good deal of comfort and convenience to our stay in BCN. In summary, I absolutely recommend staying at Umbert's flat for its location and nicely-appointed interior. Interacting with Umbert was also fun because he loves this city and is so generous and thoughtful. Thank you, Umbert, for significantly enriching our visit to this wonderful city!
Umbert was a great host. He made himself available to us to answer questions and always responded quickly. He was very accessible. He gave us many suggestions for great places to eat as well as helping us figure out our options for getting around the city. His apartment is very central, it’s a wonderful area, great for walking and easy to get to the metro or catch a taxi or take a bus. The apartment is very comfortable; everything is very modern and clean. There’s a washing machine, which was nice since our trip had started days before and we had a need to wash. It’s very central so when you open the windows you hear all the foot traffic and on the weekend we were there, there was music just down from where we were, so we were able to let all that in. With the windows closed it’s absolutely quite and peaceful. It was challenging to get our suite cases up and down all the stairs, but manageable. There were some days we would have really loved an elevator, but it is a good way to burn some of the calories from all the great food. There are a lot of great places to eat all around. It’s a great city and a great apartment; the gothic district in particular is charming with lots of character.
Umberto hat sich, obwohl nicht anwesend, per nachricht erkundigt ob alles in ordnung ist... sehr nett!
Umberto's flat was a great choice for Barcelona. It is very central. It was great that it had new windows and air conditioning because I could block out the street noise when I wanted to sleep. And Umberto provided excellent and detailed recommendations for places to eat and drink - I wish everyone did that! I would book again if returning to Barcelona.
This host has 169 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Umbert
I like being a citizen of the world and this is why I am passionate about traveling and discovering new cities and countries. I live between 2 wonderful cities in Europe, Paris (where I spent most of my time) and Barcelona (my secondary home).
I travel very often to Mexico where my family lives and where I am currently developing a fashion project between Europe and Mexico.
Whenever I am traveling and I am not in Paris or in Barcelona, I am open to share my home with people that want to enjoy the wonders of these two vibrant and cosmopolitan cities, while staying in a peaceful and comfortable environment.
If you are easy-going and respectful, and if you are looking for calm and harmonious flats, then these are the perfect accomodations for you!
I will be happy to share my home with you!