About This Listing
Fully furnished apartment located at the heart of the historical Gothic district, inside the ancient city walls, a few steps from the Cathedral, from the main Generalitat Square and close to the main city attractions: Borne district a few minutes away, Ramblas (5-10 min walk). Barceloneta & beach (10-15 minute walk).
Can either walk to main tourist sites or take metro or buses (flat is next to metro station Jaume 1).
Flat was recently renovated, it is very calm (double glazed windows) and it is completely equipped. Located on the 4th floor (real 5th floor without an elevator since it is in a historical building). The flat is located 30 minutes away from main Barcelona airport.
A great way to stay in a charming flat (like staying in a medieval area) and enjoy the wonders of cosmopolitan Barcelona like a local Catalan!
One or more weeks at my flat would allow you to:
- spend one or a few days wondering in the small gothic streets, tasting local delicacies, having a good glass of catalan wine or cava (local champagne). Visit all the gothic area sites like the cathedral whenever you want since everything is a few steps away!
- spend one or a few days enjoying the Barcelona beach which is just about 10-15 minutes away from the flat: you could go to the beach as you wake up, take a swim depending on the season or just relax and sunbathe on the beach, You could also walk along the coast and go to the Olympic Village area. You could have dinner at a restaurant with a direct view of the sea and maybe decide to later go to the local casino or just go to a bar to enjoy the latest music in front of the sea.
- spend one or a few days visiting the cultural sights of Barcelona: which are close at walking distance or take the Barcelona sightseeing tour: see the sights at the Gothic district, walk around the ramblas, see the Gaudi sights at the Passeig de Gracia or go to the Sagrada Familia, dine in a trendy restaurant at the Borne district or just decide to have dinner in a local Barceloneta restaurant or in one of the best paella restaurants of the city,
- do a lot of shopping if you want: either around Placa Catalunya (5-10 min walk from the flat), or at the Diagonal Mar shopping centre (10 minutes with a direct metro line), or go to the closest shopping outlet mall where you will find great spanish designer brands (Antonio Miro, Adolfo Dominguez, Elena Miro, etc) or international brands (Boss, Diesel, Versace, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Lacoste, etc) at very discounted prices (take a bus from downtown to the outlet - 30 to 45 min),
- keep in shape: spend one morning or afternoon in a thalassotherapy spa which is located at the beach (Barceloneta). (Entry cost around 15 Euros) or go to a beachfront gym (entry between 11-15 Euros) and enjoy the gym's swiming pool overlooking the sea and the W hotel,
- bike around the beaches or the main Barcelona sights. You can rent a bike at the gothic district,
- get close to nature and hike around the Barcelona hills. Get a wonderful view of the city from the Tibidabo mountain or other spots around the city,
- discover other beachfront sites close to Barcelona. You could take a train from the Passeig de Gracia station and go to Sitges (50 min train ride from downtown Barcelona), or to other beachfront spots like Castelldefels Platga or El Garraf (a place that has mediterranean restaurants with a greek style and with breathtaking views of the sea).
- discover other towns not far from Barcelona: you could rent a car for the day and go towards the north (Girona, the Costa Brava) or the south (Tarragona), or visit the Montserrat monastery.
As you can see, there are many reasons to go to Barcelona. But the most important thing is to feel comfortable at the place where you will stay, and to find the perfect place that will match your lifestyle.
I am open to rent my flat to people that want to enjoy the wonders of Barcelona but that will be SURE of taking care of my place and that will RESPECT my neighbours while being in a peaceful and comfortable environment. Please NO partying in the flat.
If you are an easy-going and respectful person,
if you are looking for a calm and harmonious flat,
and you are sure that you will respect my neighbours and the house rules, then this is the perfect place for you!!!
I will be happy to share my flat with you!
A stroll through the medieval alleyways and secluded squares of the Old City is the best possible introduction to Barcelona and the starting point for most visitors upon arrival in the city.
For a taste of the town's more grandiose architecture, Plaça Sant Jaume is flanked by two government buildings, the Renaissance palace of the Generalitat and neo-classical façade of the Ajuntament.
The Barri Gòtic is adjacent to the northeast side of the Ramblas.
Here began the history of Barcelona as the Roman settlement Barcino.
The former main roads go through the district today. Most preserved monuments date from the 14th and 15 centuries, the heyday as a maritime power.
Many narrow and winding streets dominate the skyline of the Gothic quarter, the Barri Gòtic.
The many sunny places before historic buildings
gather around the cathedral, the heart of the Barri Gòtic.
The Barri Gòtic was in the 20s fully rehabilitated and now shines in a new lustre. Some of the most beautiful and most famous museums are located in this area.
Many small, but very specific shops can be found in the streets.
The apartment is located a few steps away from Metro Jaume 1, and from buses that go directly to the beach and other areas of the city.
- NO PARTIES IN THE APARTMENT
- NO LOUD GROUPS
- NO SMOKING INSIDE
ONLY FOR VERY CALM PEOPLE OR FAMILIES
Umbert was a great host. He made himself available to us to answer questions and always responded quickly. He was very accessible. He gave us many suggestions for great places to eat as well as helping us figure out our options for getting around the city. His apartment is very central, it’s a wonderful area, great for walking and easy to get to the metro or catch a taxi or take a bus. The apartment is very comfortable; everything is very modern and clean. There’s a washing machine, which was nice since our trip had started days before and we had a need to wash. It’s very central so when you open the windows you hear all the foot traffic and on the weekend we were there, there was music just down from where we were, so we were able to let all that in. With the windows closed it’s absolutely quite and peaceful. It was challenging to get our suite cases up and down all the stairs, but manageable. There were some days we would have really loved an elevator, but it is a good way to burn some of the calories from all the great food. There are a lot of great places to eat all around. It’s a great city and a great apartment; the gothic district in particular is charming with lots of character.
Umberto hat sich, obwohl nicht anwesend, per nachricht erkundigt ob alles in ordnung ist... sehr nett!
Umberto's flat was a great choice for Barcelona. It is very central. It was great that it had new windows and air conditioning because I could block out the street noise when I wanted to sleep. And Umberto provided excellent and detailed recommendations for places to eat and drink - I wish everyone did that! I would book again if returning to Barcelona.
Umbert was an amazing host. He was easy and prompt in communicating with me. Very helpful and have lots of excellent suggestions. Located in a central area. The only downfall was the apartment being on one of the highest floors and no lift- tricky with luggage. Otherwise an amazing experience!!!
Umberto's apartment is very special, situated next to the small, beautiful placa San Juste with several small and very good restaurants within feet away. The apartment is just as he describes, clean and well organized. Juana was very helpful meeting us, and Umberto shared an extensive list of local restaurants. Situated near the ancient Roman wall, the apartment has a wonderful sense of history. We would highly recommend this apartment!
I was at umberts place with my father. We had a great time. Great location in the middle of the centre, just behind the big cathedral. A lot of places near for good food. Walking in the evening in the old centre in the narrow streets was Nice, real good athmosphere. My father went up the stairs once a day, what was fine in a big city where you are most of the time outside. Further the house was clean. 2 beds. With the windows closed you don't hear the streetsnoises.
The communication with umbert was really good, he checked if everything was ok.
I would definetly stay here again.
Umberto was a great host and made us feel very welcome. The apartment was clean and spacious and in such a great location in the Gothic Quarter. There were so many restaurants nearby, it was very central and close to the metro, and it was just a short walk to the harbour as well. There are definitely quite a few stairs - so no need to feel guilty about all the extra food you eat. :) We would definitely come back!
This host has 161 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Umbert
I like being a citizen of the world and this is why I am passionate about traveling and discovering new cities and countries. I live between 2 wonderful cities in Europe, Paris (where I spent most of my time) and Barcelona (my secondary home).
I travel very often to Mexico where my family lives and where I am currently developing a fashion project between Europe and Mexico.
Whenever I am traveling and I am not in Paris or in Barcelona, I am open to share my home with people that want to enjoy the wonders of these two vibrant and cosmopolitan cities, while staying in a peaceful and comfortable environment.
If you are easy-going and respectful, and if you are looking for calm and harmonious flats, then these are the perfect accomodations for you!
I will be happy to share my home with you!