Close to many of Vancouver's most popular attractions. Minutes from English Bay & Stanley Park. Safe DOWNTOWN location near Davie Village. Walk-able & transit friendly. Well suited for new beginnings, the business traveler and, vacation adventurer.
***PLEASE READ---->We enjoy sharing our home and feel it best to be open and detailed about what we offer. It is our goal to make your stay a pleasant one.
Hi there! We're a fun friendly couple renting extra bedroom(s) in Vancouver's most popular neighbourhood - The West End (Downtown).
We live modestly, the location is great, and space is ample considering most downtown dwellings. Well suited to new beginnings, new residents, the corporate business traveler and vacation adventurer. Also ideal for someone that needs more time to look for more permanent accommodation.
RENTAL RATE (Utilities Included)
Nightly: $60, additional guest $10.
Weekly: $400, additional guest $70.
Monthly: $1200, additional guest $150 (that's 675 each)
Cat/Small Pet: $50/month each as per building requirement
Deposit: Depends on length of stay
In addition, we do NOT charge cleaning costs or deposits of any kind for short-term rentals. You'll pay for the room plus a small amount to AirBnB (all hosts are required to make this charge) and that's it. Consider that hostel rates for similar private room start at $85-$100 per night. FYI: For our postal code AirBNB suggests we rent the room for $202/night!
- Private furnished master bedroom fits a queen bed, desk & sitting area comfortably
- English Bay area just a few blocks away - near Davie Village.
- Short walk to amazing variety of ethnic restaurants
- Safe during the day and at night
- Location is convenient and connects you to everything - public transit buses/trains, airport (30 min cab) & Terminal Station (train/greyhound hub)
- Bus stops for #6 & #C21 in front of building, #5 nearby
- Frequent buses to all downtown Skytrain stations (Expo or Canada Line) - Stations: Granville, City Central, Yaletown, Stadium/Chinatown, Burrard & Waterfront
- Short walking distance to sea-wall, famous Stanley Park, Sunset Beach and English Bay
-The West End neighbourhood is considered a walker's paradise, with a Walk Score of 94/100. Daily errands do not require a car.
- Grocery open till 3am, 24hr convenience stores
- Many 24 hour places to dine, party and lounge
- 3 swimming pools close by
- No lease, no take-over, end date flexible. Long-term rentals preferred & welcomed. Do happily consider short-term duration's.
ABOUT THE SPACE
- Available for long-term monthly starting *April 1st, 2015* - View calendar for available dates
- ★Two bedroom apartment (both for rent at this time★), one clean spacious bathroom to share. No traditional living/dining room as we live in that space. ★
-t it obvious yet - We love living here!) With an apartment rental vacancy of just 0.2%, its going to be tricky. While the vacancy rate is extremely low, more than 80% of all the suites in the West End are rentals – so there is some hope! For those visiting Vancouver’s West End for a few months, short-term sublets may prove to be ideal. Planning for a longer stay? Thinking about moving permanently to Vancouver’s beautiful west end? A lease would be more fitting. Many Vancouver apartment managers forgo advertising their rental units, as putting up a sign out front is usually enough to drive multiple inquiries within a short period of time. The most popular will even have waiting lists. The best advice is to walk around the neighbourhood, bring a cell phone, and make inquiries on the spot. With this kind of market, it will be particularly challenging if you are trying to arrange a lease/permanent housing before your arrival.
★•°★★•°•°★ OFFICIAL BORDERS OF THE WEST END
The official definition of the West End of Vancouver, set forth by the City of Vancouver, is the area west of Burrard Street, east of Denman Street, and south of West Georgia. Generally, however, the west end is considered to be everything from Burrard Street to Stanley Park.
Davie, Few Blocks from English Bay
★Two bedroom apartment (both for rent at this time★), one clean spacious bathroom and kitchen to share. No traditional living/dining room as we live in that space. ★ ***While this provides an ideal opportunity for many to stay downtown at a more economical rate, we understand that it is not for everyone. We do try our best to make it work.***
Interaction with Guests
We allow our guest to set the tone in term of how much interaction they would like with us. Our goal is that everyone is comfortable and happy in the space. Each guest has different needs for quiet time and interaction. While we love interacting and helping people maneuver their way through their stay in Vancouver, we feel just as comfortable giving privacy. We've lived with guest for a long time and are comfortable sharing our space. We recognize the importance of mutual respect and consideration that shared accommodation requires.
The apartment's in a great location, not just in terms of proximity to sights but the neighborhood is quiet and pretty for most parts and loud and lively where it needs to be. The dining scene along Denman is rocking. It's great to encounter hosts that are experienced, flexible, and let you have your own space; it made my stay in Vancouver all the breezier.
Kathleen and Patrik's house is in an excellent location and their neighbourhood is lovely - a great base to explore Vancouver from. They were very warm hosts and I would definitely recommend spending as few days with them.
Patrik and Kathleen shared their warm and welcomming appartment for 6 days with me. I was highly satisfied with my accomodation. Patrick and Kathleen are very flexible and relaxed. its the perfect place for buget-travelers.
thanks for everything.
Katheleen and Patrick are amazing hosts. Although I already had an idea of what I wanted to explore, they made suggestions to complement it and helped me to make this second trip to Vancouver very complete and exciting. I was surprised they added a framed card with my name and dates of my stay in the bathroom. What a personal touch! The bedroom is big with lots of natural light, a very comfortable bed and zero noise from the street. The location of the building is perfect to explore any part of downtown by foot or public transportation. The beach is three blocks away and there are plenty of coffee shop and restaurants close by. Judge's, an Indian restaurant four blocks away, has delicious food at reasonable prices. I highly recommend staying with Katheleen and Patrick. They are warm, respectful and welcoming. I will come back!
Great and convenient location! Supermarkets、restaurants are walk distance, and bus stop is right across the street. It is very easy go to downtown、bus station and airport. Kathleen was a warm and friendly host.
Excellent location! Nice and private room and Patrik and Kathleen were great hosts! Had a great time scouting out Vancouver, using the apartment as the hub.
This host has 39 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
- Heterosexual couple (for our neighbourhood we thought we would clarify) :P
- Spiritual, easygoing, artsy, business focused, and friendly
- He's a social extrovert, she a natural deep thinking introvert (don't worry we do get along ha-ha)
- She's in her early 30's and he just hit 40! Albeit a young 40
- We were both born overseas but both raised in Canada from a very young age (Him-Eastern Canada "the centre of the universe aka the T-dot"; Her-Western Canada)
- He's fluent in Armenian.
- In our daily lives we can't live without our phones, email or internet
- We enjoy having people stay with us and helping them navigate through our lovely city
- Our longest guest ended up staying with us for 2 years!