About This Listing
Household of a single parent and a baby Feliks born September 2011. We also have a tenant staying with us. Her name is Agnieszka, she is a late twenties Polish lady who is very friendly and works locally.
Shared bathroom and Kitchen. WiFi and Netflix included.
15 minutes walk to Aylesbury town square. There are also regular buses from our doorstep and great value taxis.
Tea and coffee to help yourself too and self catering with full use of our Kitchen and Utilities.
Good sized garden area with pond, patio, barbecue and reclining chairs.
We'd best describe our home as a family one in quiet neighbourhood with great friends!
What's around us?
- Our closest pub with good food at great prices is a Hungry Horse at Dairy Maid, you can also find local CHinise, pizza and fish and chips take aways.
- Small Lake near by featuring a the Aeglesburgh restaurant on the waterside.
- The lake area is also great for walks or runs with public access outdoor gym too.
- Aylesbury town centre is a lovely mix of old and new town with a bi-weekly market selling many things from fresh produce to oriental wares.
- It's also worth visiting the local animal farm in Broughton, where you can feed the animals as well as have a picnic in the play area
- There is also a fantastic fresh fruit and veg shop with many world food delicacies called Fruity Tooty on Pebble Lane just off the town centre. You will also find a alternative entrance to The Roald Dahl Museam just opposite this great family run fresh food store!
- For theatre and the arts check out Queens Park Arts Centre for fantastically priced music, comedy, and theatrical shows. It also hosts a rang of workshops and activities including, singing, ballet, drawing and painting as well as lace, pottery / sculpture, jewellery and Dressmaking:
- There is also the impressive and newly built Aylesbury Waterside Theatre!
The Kitchen including use of cupboards, fridge and washing machine, eating area, and garden.
Interaction with Guests
We usually like to meet our guests upon first arrival. We are happy either leaving guests be to their room and have often gone as far as to have dinner or an outing with our guests too.
We live in a friendly neighborhood where we're comfortable letting our children play nearby.
Yes. There's a bus from outside the house that goes to town. There are good bus and taxi services to the local area and beyond. The taxi's are priced at £3 anywhere in Aylesbury.
There is no smoking inside the house, you can however use the front garden area or the rear of the back garden where the barbecue is also a good spot.
Pets welcome, let us know what you are bringing and we will do our best to accommodate.
We're more than happy for you to use the laundry facilities and ask you make a small contribution towards the detergents.
Keep things tidy by doing your best to put away after you whether it's dishes or towels for example.
We arrived at around 8-9pm and we're thankful for Joanna and Hassan to have waited up to assist us with our luggage. It was thoughtful of Joanna to have left us individual towels, soap and some chocolates on our bed when we'd arrived. The lodge was clean and comfortable.
Very nice to meet u..recommended fo every one
Joanna is an amazingly nice and sweet person. The house is clean and the bed very comfortable. We were given chocolates, water and clean towels which was highly appreciated. We'd be very happy to stay there again :)))
Thank you Joanna :)))
Had a really great stay. Joanna is a great host and was really flexible about what time we could arrive. Recommended a good taxi firm and was kind enough to let us in when my girlfriend and I got back from a wedding reception. Supplied towels and shower gel. I would recommend her to anyone :)
Joanna was very nice, and so was her ex-husband, whom I met when I first arrived and who helped me with putting my luggage in the room. The access to the room is quite tricky, but once you're in you cannot but admire the effort that was made to organize it. Beautiful room, great bed, and there was just everything in it to make you comfortable. I enjoyed staying there, and would recommend to anyone who wants a place to stay in that area.
Joanna is very welcoming, she came out of the house to show me where to park. It's a very friendly household and a relaxing place to stay. Joanna is a generous person and I really feel at home. It's amazing to have a MAC computer in the room. I am able to do my work without carrying lap tops around . Joanna left some water with a box of chocolate for me on my arrival with shower gels etc as well. FIVE STAR !
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Joanna
I work in education and enjoy looking after Feliks who was born September 2011.
I like to cook Polish food and play board games as well as garden.
I spend weekends seeing friends or entertaining them, travelling the UK and Aylesbury and their lovely locations.
I generally keep a 9-5 lifestyle with early nights on most days and just ask that you are quite whatever time you come in.