About This Listing
Welcome to our cozy "hideaway" in Bangkok!
We designed the details of the apartment with love for ourselfs. It is a fully functional and equipped flat with many personal things and decorations of ourselfs. All the interior design and furniture are handmade of teakwood upon our request by local carpenters. This alone makes the difference to most of the "ready-made" flats here in Bangkok. By choosing warm materials and colours, we suceeded in creating an atmospere of coziness and well feeling. But please: this is Thailand - don't expect the perfection of your homeland! Minor failings are used to be smiled away here....
Annother advantage is the location: although just a few kilometers away from the two main business districts Silom- and Sukhumvit-Road, you are far away from what Bangkok is infamous for: traffic noise, traffic jams and air pollution! Enjoy the view over the majestic Chao Praya River until "Bang Krachao", a 1.891 hectar aera of forest within the vast oxbow of the river. This "green lung" of Bangkok provides you constantly a fresh breeze of clean air (which is a rare good in this city!).
The latest Mass-Transport-System, the BRT (rapid bus with a separate line and frequent schedule) stopps directly in front of our building ( “WAT DAN” -Station), which connects you to both of the other 2 major transportation-systems Skytrain (BTS) and Underground (MRT).
• Free high speed internet wifi in the apartment
• 1 bed/ 1toilette/1 shower/ 1 big bathtub for 2 persons/ 1balcony
• 1 sofa, wich can be used as a guestbed (attention: we designed our flat "open", which means there are no walls between masterbedroom and the livingroom (= no privacy for a third party!)
• Area: 80 SQM. 18th floor with fantastic riverview
• Air conditioner in the bedroom + livingroom (since 2015)
• Fans in the sleeping- and living-room
• Bedlinen and towels
• Fully equipped kitchen (Miele-microwave, Siemens-baking oven, refridgerator, ceramic hob)
• TV: 55" Samsung-SMART-TV include WIFI
• Grundig-Stereo (Space-Fidelity)
• Siemens washingmaschine
• Small extra-balkony with lots of sun to hang your laundry
• Swimming pool at the "Podium". Pool supervisor included.
• Gym include Aerobic, Yoga, Sauna-Steam, Badminton
• 3 different kind of massage-parlors in the building
• Barber-shop in the building
• Multiple roof-garden at the (website hidden) floor, called "Podium", with a magnificent view to the city, jogging-track, dry-cleaning and coin-washingmashines and -dryers.
• Tennis-courts (also at the "Podium")
• Two banks in the building
• Convenience-store (24 h) at the basement
• Secure key card access
• 24 hour security
• Many restaurants in the building incl. affordable foodcourt (basement)
• Located near good riverfront restaurants
• Mass Transit: BRT Station (Wat DAN) in front of the building (around 0,30 US$)
• Less than 30 minutes to both major business areas in Bangkok: Silom Road, Sukhumvit Road or Siam Square by car or taxi (taxi-fee around 3,-- US$). Most of the populare shopping-centers are there. But there is also a small one within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
• Around 40 Min. by taxi from the airport at cost of around 11,-- US$ (incl. Expressway)
• Easy acces to the nearby expressways
• Building name: SV City Condo, Tower 3, Rama 3 Road (multiprojekt with offices, apartments and a hotel)
1. I will arrive after midnight - is it possible to check-in?
No problem, check-in and check-out is possible 24 h.
2. My flight is late in the night - is a late check-out possible without extra fee?
Generally all our guests can stay until 4 p.m. without any extra charge. Even a later check-out is possible - given the fact, that we do not have a booking the next day.
3. Are there towels in the flat?
Yes, we do provide enough towels for you and your party.
4. Does Rama gym provide towels?
5. Is there toilet paper at the flat?
6. Is there a hot water pot in the flat?
7. Is there a toaster in the flat?
8. Is there washing detergent for clothes in the flat?
Yes. But you have many possibilities to buy at shops in and around our project.
9. What type of electrical sockets are there?
Don´t worry, we do provide adapters for our very international guests!
Other Things to Note
1. In February 2015 we installed an airconditioner in the livingroom too (it is operating quite silent)
2. From 15th of May 2015 we have prepaid the cost for the membership of our "Rama III Club" (Attention: only for 2 guests!!!). You will be eligible to enjoy free of charge:
Gym, Aerobic, Yoga, Sauna-Steam, Badminton, Squash, Swimming-Pool, Tennis*, etc.
Service is daily from 6.00 am to 09.00 pm.
1. Please take off your shoes when entering the apartment!
2. Smoking inside the apartment and balcony is strictly forbidden! If you believe you can´t survive without a cigarette, do it outside at the small laundry-balcony... only!
3. Lost key fee: 1000 Baht for each lost key card, and 1000 baht for lost keys.
4. Save the planet: Please turn off the aircondition when you are not using it! Close the windows and doors when using it!
5. When leaving the apartment, please close the window in the masterbedroom and the sliding-door at the laundry-balcony to avoid rain on the woodparkett! Keep in mind that this is a tropical country and heavy, heavy rain can occure without any warning in advance!
6. If you stay longer than 3 days, please give water to the plants (at least 5 litre 2 times a week to the big one at the balcony-corner). Little water for the two inside the flat.
7. Do not allow the pigeons to stay at one of the two balconies or balustrades and do not feed them at all!
8. Have fun, have parties, but don't mess up the place!
9. Please double-check, that you take all your belongings with you before checking-out - and leave our belongings in the apartment!
Just spent two enjoyable relaxing days at this condo. This is my second stay.
It really is superb. Love sitting on the balcony watching the boats go past with a lovely breeze rustling the plants . Relaxation heaven. Can't wait for the opportunity to spend a month there using as a base to take trips to chaing mai, chaing rai and other places.
12-26 Feb 2015 - Maam was there to greet me and show me around the apartment. I was so tired from the flight and travel that I barely took it all in. Maam, please describe the electronic key tag which gets you in and out of the podium and building - I eventually found out! The apartment is fabulous. It was super clean, everything we needed was there - we totally relaxed and felt honoured to stay in such a gorgeous apartment. Hermann called me on my last evening to check everything was okay. We tipped the cleaner, security supervisor and two of the security guards who looked after us so well. We did eventually use public transport and it was so easy and cheap! Highlights are Namaste, the Indian restaurant down in the basement; Spicy Mall has a supermarket and stands selling fresh produce and everything else you need. It was great to be on the edge of Bangkok rather than in its central madness! Thanks for everything - we would choose to stay here again for sure. Dee
We wanna come back and stay at Hermann's again next year. Exactly as described. The apartment is a 5 baht (US$ 0.15) bus ride away from Chong Nonsi BTS station. Alternatively, taxis are available anytime just outside the building complex (with the bangkok jams, i wouldn't suggest using taxi).
Hermann always answers queries on airbnb chats promptly on any queries we asked, including on travel tips!
The sofa in the living room is super comfortable -- remove the big pillows at night and you have a spacious bed there!
The massage chair is a spoil. We love it so much! My wife now wants me to buy one for our home in Jakarta!
Wow. This place is amazing. The host was so accommodating that even though we didn't meet him during our 4 night stay we felt so at home. He called us as we arrived at midnight and had left an incredibly helpful laminate guide to the flat which answered all our questions. The accomodation is modern yet homeley, the view is the best I've seen in Bangkok, the bed comfortable with a huge TV if you so desire to escape the Bangkok heat, shower powerful and the massage chair is a wonderful addition to this perfect little hideaway. There were two of us sharing this flat and a third came on the last night, which was more than comfortable. If you are three people looking to stay here, the living room can get very hot in the night as there is no air con in the living room but we survived with one look at that view :-)
The location is perhaps a little distant for the places we needed to visit (80-100 baht each ride) with a small problem finding somewhere to walk to in the area to eat after 7:30ish but everything else made up for this minor issue.
I only hope this room is available next time we visit Bangkok, thank you for a memorable and relaxing stay.
thank you for your long review and your recommendations!
We are planning to install an aircon in the living-room in January during our next stay in the apartment.
Just for your and the readers information: there are several restaurants within our project plus a small shopping mall just 5 walking-minutes away with another various food-shops.... We will update our "laminate-guide" next time :-)
Maam & Hermann
Great apartment. Exactly what you see in the pictures. When getting there we really felt like home. Great.
Only two drawbacks. We have to pay 200Baht each to use the pool. The apartment is a little bit distant from the main attractions and we ended up paying a lot in taxis. This last one is no fault from the owners and we new this from the previous reviews. Nevertheless we ended up spending 100Baht per trip.
Absolutely marvelous apartment. The view was sensational, and the all-wood interiors, were a great change from your usual 'hotel style' bland. The food court in the basement had a huge range of Thai foods, all very cheap. My girlfriend was in love with the massage chair. The apartment was within easy access to the Queen Sikrit BTS, around 80Baht for a taxi, or just 5Baht with the BRT from right out the door to the Sathorn station. We tried to extend our stay, as we loved the place so much, but unfortunately someone had beat us to it.
Thanks Maam & Hermann we had a great stay in your beautiful Appartment, it was wonderful to spend those early jet lagged mornings watching the river come to life, and loved the cooling breezes from the river.
Thanks for all your recommendations; we never got to the sky bar - too exhausted after our daytime outings.
Your directions on using public transport made it quick and easy for us to get around this huge city despite the protestors on the streets. We must say that although we found ourselves frequently walking the "barricades" never once did we feel threatened even when we inadvertently found ourselves off the beaten track.
One point of maintenance - the slide out pantry door sticks... and Hermann we very nearly got to grips with all the light switches..... Great shower, comfy bed & Lyssa was very happy with the day bed couch.
The location of this Appartment is amazing - water views, just steps to the fast transit bus which links to the Skytrain - a wonderful way to interact with the locals. Supermarket, restaurants and spa treatment places close by - ticks all our boxes.
Do not hesitate to make this your base in Bangkok and the hosts provide very comprehensive instructions on how to get there from the airport and the building security efficiently organised a taxi for our return journey. We hope to be back in the future
Fiona, Andrew & Lyssa