The Richmond Wall Centre is one of our newest buildings. Located right on the waterfront marina in Richmond, you are about 5 minutes away from the airport. Both a residential building and hotel, you will have numerous amenities right at your fingertips!
This 2 bedroom spacious suite is centrally located and accessible by skytrain, taxi or by car. You will enjoy your own private full bathroom including a shower and soaker tub.
The master bedroom features a king size bed, end tables, lamp, cordless phone, large closet and city views.
The second bedroom has a double size bed, closet, end table, lamp and city views. There is a second bathroom just past outside the bedroom with another shower and soaker tub.
Living room offers a comfortable, leather couch that folds out into a queen size bed. Please make a request for the extra two guests to ensure there are bedding and towels for the extra guests. There is a sitting chair, plants, coffee table and cable television.
Dining area has access to a private patio/balcony. It can comfortably accommodate 6 guests at the dinner table.
Kitchen is designed with granite countertop, stainless steel appliances, small appliances such as a coffee maker, electric kettle, cordless phone, toaster, pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, etc. There is a microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher and numerous cupboards.
There is ample closet space as well as insuite laundry.
This suite comes with one underground parking stall which costs $10 extra per night. Services included are wireless internet, free local calling and cable television.
** All suites come with the following complimentary items:
• In suite laundry
• Luxury linens and towels
• Fully equipped kitchens (fridge, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher).
• Most small appliances such as toaster, kettle, coffee maker, dishes, pots & pans, utensils
• Cable television
• Cordless phone, free local calls
• Internet connection (wireless or cable)
• Parking $10 extra per night
*There are additional charges of 12% taxes due upon check in which will be processed separately from Airbnb and which are payable by credit card. Any additional fees/fines that need to be processed as noted in the house rules section of this listing would also be processed on your credit card and are separate from Airbnb.
*A $1,000 deposit will be charged with your stay and returned after check
out, as long as there are no damages. Airbnb handles both the security deposit and cleaning fee.
**Please note that all check ins would now be at the suite which includes meeting a guest at the suite and assisting them with their luggage as well as answering any questions that a guest might have regarding their suite.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$23 / night after 4 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||30 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1215 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2990 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Four of us stayed at a 2bd/2ba Richmond Wall Centre apartment for three nights in November, 2010. The place was spacious and well equipped with laundry facilities, kitchen supplies and fast Internet. The rental also came with a free parking space in the underground parking garage. The photos in the listing matched the apartment that we got.
The location in Richmond was very convenient, and it was only 20-30 minutes away from Downtown Vancouver. For those without a car, a Skytrain stop is only a few blocks away.
There were a few downsides on the logistical end:
1) First, we had to pick up the keys from the Malibu offices in Downtown Vancouver. This was a bit inconvenient since we had to drive all the way up from Tsawwassen, through Richmond, up to Downtown Vancouver and back to Richmond. Leaving the keys at the front desk of the apartment complex would have been better (if possible).
2) Second, there was only one set of keys; this is fine if it's for just one or two people. For four people, however, we would have liked to have two sets of keys.
3) Communication with the staff was fine, though I recommend over-communicating and getting everything squared away with the Malibu staff before submitting/accepting the reservation request. One important thing is to determine what extra fee are levied separate from the AirBnB price. We had a reservation fee + cleaning fee tacked on to the price. Fortunately, we arranged to have a late checkout (normal checkout is at 10am) without having any late charges added.
Despite these caveats, we greatly enjoyed our time at the apartment. Even with the added fees, the price and amenities beat staying in a hotel, which would not have separate rooms, a fully-furnished kitchen, two bathrooms, nor laundry facilities. We would consider staying there again in the future.
Stay there this past weekend, from Friday to Monday. The place is pretty nice and location is good. Sky train is within walking distance, however it wouldn't be close enough for a family with small children. Still a hike. Building is pretty secured, feel pretty safe. Rooms are smaller than the picture shown. Nice furnishing, kitchen and bathroom are quite excellent.
We are still sorting out the charges.... Seems like we were charged more than originally quoted... Only thing that kind of makes me leery of this place. Make sure you read the contract with these guys, we asked for an extension of stay (a few hrs) by phone and was turned away due to policy stating that we needed to email them.
Overall, not bad with room for improvement
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.