"I had a wonderful time in New York City. The room at Taylor's apartment is spacious, very clean and makes you feel being at home. The area is just great, close to subway trains, you can go for runs in Prospect Park and have all kinds of restaurants and shops close by. I highly recommend this place for your stay in NY." says Olaf from Germany
On the 4th floor of a secure (walk-up) apartment building, your private room comes with
- a comfy, twin bed
- desk and chair
- armoire for clothing
The flat is in the back of the building so it is quiet. A bathroom kitchen and living room is shared with Grace, my sister. (I am currently living in Panama)
Other amenities include wireless internet, coin operated washer and dryer in the basement and the building is heated. Note: we do not have a landline phone, television set or microwave.
Located in what the New York Magazine calls the "BEST PLACE TO LIVE" in NYC, North Park Slope, just a few blocks from the B/Q and 2/3 trains.
- gorgeous tree and brownstone-lined streets
- 20 minutes (just 3 stops) to Union Square in Manhattan
- Awesome eateries (James, Flatbush Farms, Ample Hills…), bars and shops in walking distance
- 10 minute walk from beautiful Prospect Park, Brooklyn Zoo, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and more!
There is a $10 cleaning fee for reservations lasting less than 5 days. This will be collected upon check-in.
Note: Please contact my sister, Grace, at her listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/252865. All reservations will go through her because I have limited internet access in Panama. Thanks for looking!
- Reservations are for 1 person only. Since this is not a hotel but a small NYC apartment, please respect your fellow airbnb guests by not bringing overnight guests.
- No parties please! In my host experience, gatherings after 9pm involving alcohol and more than 1 friend constitutes a party (and complaints from neighbors).
- Maid service is not provided. While the room is cleaned before check-in, rooms will not be cleaned during a guest's stay. Also, one set of clean linens and towels will be provided for the duration of a guest's stay. There are coin-operated washers and dryers in the basement and if I'm doing a load, I could happily throw a towel in.
- While we do our best to keep the common spaces clean, we ask our guests to clean up after themselves in the common areas such as the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Pets and smoking are not allowed in the apartment. My sister has allergies!
- If no one is home when you leave the apt please turn off all the lights and unplug any electronic devices--let's save the planet together! I also love to recycle and compost if you'd like to pitch in :)
- For security purposes, if no one is home, we ask that you lock the door and close the fire escape window before going out.
- Please make yourself feel at home!
I had a great time at Taylor’s place. I also met her sister Grace and her roommate Nick who where also very friendly and hospitable. Taylor is easy going and the neighborhood is green and soaked with the grandeur of good old Brooklyn. Beautiful!
Taylor is a delightful host; my experience staying in her apartment was so great that I came back again to stay for a second 3 month stint! The neighbourhood really is great and I don't think I could ask for a better place to stay with so many amenities nearby. I will always remember Taylor's sage advice for NYC travel and insider info as well as her kindness and warmth and good company! Highly recommended!
The apartment is peaceful, clean and very close from the subway. Taylor and Grace are such a nice people. Highly recommended
I can only confirm other reviews. My experience was great. Taylor was a kind host and provided helpful recommendations about the area. The room was very comfortable and clean with a complete privacy. I can also recommend the neighborhood -- the streets are very broad with lots of restaurants and shops around, short walk from beautiful Prospect Park. It is also a great location if you work/often visit Manhattan -- there are plenty of subway lines and the commute is very quick. I would definitely stay there again!
Taylor and her sister, Grace, were extremely welcoming, especially as I had just arrived in Brooklyn for the first time and stayed with them while I searched for an apartment in the area. First, Taylor was helpful even before I was able to book my stay with her. When she knew I was coming to look at apartments, she tipped me off to people looking for roommates.
During my stay, Taylor and Grace were very friendly, accommodating and fun to talk with. Even though they are very busy women with work, they make time to make you feel at home and offer great restaurant recommendations.
The room itself looks exactly as it is pictured in the ad, which, truth be told is a bit comforting, especially when you are coming to the place for the first time. The area around the apartment is very safe, with the 2, 3 and Q trains all only two or three blocks away. They live in a vibrant neighborhood, but their street is just off a main one, so the apartment placement also has a secluded feeling and at night, you don't hear much traffic, so it is easy to fall asleep.
Overall, I had a great stay. Taylor and her sister are great hosts. The room is awesome. I would highly recommend this room for anyone who is looking for a place to stay in Brooklyn.
Taylor and her sister were both very gracious and accomodating hosts. The bedroom was plenty roomy for me and it and the kitchen area were clean and neat. The bed was comfortable and the apartment is on the top floor and looks out over sort of an inner courtyard, rather than the street, so it was quiet and I slept great even though I’m a light sleeper. The apartment building is on a quiet residential street less than a block from Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn, which has many nearby restaurants and several groceries. In particular you might check out the close-by “Bergen Bagels” or the upscale “Larder” for cheeses, baked goods and prepared foods. The neighborhood felt quite safe, although Flatbush Ave itself is a bit on the gritty side compared to the neighborhoods on either side of it. There is a stop for the 2 & 3 subway lines just a 4-5 minute walk from the building. It was taking me around 30 minutes each way between midtown Manhattan and the Bergen Street subway stop. I was only in New York for three days but would have been happy to stay with Taylor for much longer
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
home is my favorite place to be especially during the winter spell. at the apartment you'll find me either cooking/baking in the kitchen or in my other favorite place, my bed, where i like to do everything.
i can't live without yoga. i always ride my bicycle to get anywhere. i love swimming and dancing. london, avignon in france and puerto viejo in costa rica have my fondest travel memories. i had great times in new orleans and on a road trip to pigeon forge, tennessee. i found love at first sight with edinburgh and paris. hawaii feels like home.
hope you enjoy your visit!