About this listing
This dreamy guest house was designed by a prominent Venice artist who's known for his elaborate glass design. It's a sexy cozy space with a full bath, dining area, kitchen equipped with everything you need to make and serve yummy meals, a gorgeous glass sitting room with a twin day bed to lounge with a good book, and an exotic tropical garden. It is used solely for guest purposes, and is unencumbered by the owners personal items.
Located on a quiet one-way street, this little piece of heaven is located a 1/2 block from the glamorous Abbot Kinney Boulevard and 4 blocks from world famous Venice Beach.
There is ample room for storage with a closet for hanging clothes and two dressers. Perfect for a couple, or young parents with a small child, or a stay over friend. Furnished with two comfortable beds: one queen size in sleeping area, and one twin that doubles as a day bed in the glass sitting room. Both beds are made with luxurious high thread count linens. Bath and beach towels are provided as well.
The kitchen has a stove top, espresso maker, electric kettle, and toaster. The lush garden offers a sitting area and small dining table.
There are plenty of entertainment options: a sound system with multiple CD player, APPLE TV and dvd player, ipod hookup and wireless internet connection.
The interior is decorated in an eclectic fashion, with one of a kind pieces from the owners personal collection of art and books, as well as beautiful objects and furniture designed by the owner himself. Truly romantic, come here with someone you love, or alone to nourish your soul in this contemplative, inspiring place.
Abbot Kinney has been named "the coolest block in America" by GQ magazine and is known to offer the most unique array of shopping, restaurants and galleries in the city. TWO BIKES and locks are available for cruising around this wonderful little town.
Come and feast on all Venice has to offer...having traveled the world we can attest to the fact that there are few places with the rich intoxicating tapestry of culture, nature, art, cutting edge cuisine, diverse shopping, and amazing people you will find here.
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS:
Just minutes away you'll find the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk on the beach! On Abbot Kinney Blvd. you'll find specialty shops, excellent restaurants and trendy art galleries. Just north in Santa Monica, Main Street is fun; there's the Farmer's Market, the Santa Monica Pier and Amusement Park, and the hip Third Street Promenade with shops, restaurants and movies. Just south in Marina del Rey you can take a cruise, enjoy water-side dining, and take the Flyer over to Santa Catalina Island.
It's close to everything: the canals, shopping, the Venice Boardwalk and the white sandy beach, where you'll find volleyball, biking, basketball and just about every outdoor activity, including the famous Muscle Beach. Or, head to the water for swimming, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, shelling and deep-sea fishing. Only 5.5 miles from LAX airport.
Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hollywood, Getty Museum, Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), La Brea Tar Pits, Peterson Automotive Museum, Museum of Tolerance, Museum Of Jurassic Technology, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Griffith Observatory, Newport Beach and Fashion Island, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Pasadena and the Rose Bowl, Will Rogers State Park, Santa Monica Mountain Park, Greek Theater, and the Hollywood Bowl.
Take Bus 3 to LAX, Santa Monica, and Westwood.
Street parking only.
We do have cats on the property but they don't go inside the guest house. However, they may stroll through the private garden occasionally.
No babies or toddlers without our permission.
Other Things to Note
No babies or toddlers.
The only bikes available to guests are the two bikes with locks inside the guest house locked garden area. Any other bikes outside of this area (carport) are not ours and not available for your use. The two bikes inside the guest house garden must always be kept there (never left or moved to carport).
No babies or toddlers. No smoking. No pets. No large, loud or late parties; small gatherings may be OK with permission. Be considerate of neighbors.
Rule #1: Enjoy yourselves!
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING on the premises. If there is any smoking damage, including odors, or cigarette butts left anywhere on the premises or street, or if the neighbors are disturbed RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11 AM on the check out day. RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at the OWNER'S discretion. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay all costs related to the eviction in addition to the above hourly rent.
6. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make no alteration to the PREMISES without the OWNER’S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9.The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, and audio-video equipment.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES without written approval of the OWNER OR HER MANAGER.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12. The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 2 unless otherwise arranged.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is are not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given to show it.
17. The RESIDENT agrees to clean all dishes. (OK to leave in the dishwasher.)
18. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
19. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of neighbors.
20. The OWNER is not liable for the RESIDENT’S personal property.
We had a great stay in Simon & Darla's very quaint apartment. It was very hot while we were there and Darla's assistant, Amy, delivered two extra fans without us having to ask. With them and the overhead fan, we were more than comfortable. Loved the glassed in terrace and made good use of the lounge and rocker. Great location and very comfy bed.
This listing was truly a magical little gem tucked away in the heart of Venice. It had so much charm and character. The living room is something made from tumblr/pinterest dreams. It was walking distance to everything we wanted/needed, so we couldn't of asked for anything more.
Excellent location only a few blocks from the beach. Leisurely biking along the Pacific is something you won't soon forget. A must-stay if you're traveling to Venice Beach/Santa Monica.
Simon, Darla and Wolfe's studio was exactly as pictured and described. It is a lovely cool and quirky space, close to the amenities of Abbot Kinney Blvd and good bus transport. It was pretty warm while we were in Venice but the fan kept the place cool and the bedding and furnishings were comfortable. The artistic touches and small library added to the appeal. We didn't meet our hosts but access was easy and all contact was prompt and professional.
The apartment was clean and welcoming upon our arrival. We were giving brief and simple instructions on how to enter, lock and leave the apartment, making everything very easy.
We had a lovely stay! Such a beautiful space and perfect location. The beach was a quick scenic walk away. Very accommodating hosts !
We had a wonderful stay at the Enchanting Artist's Guest House. The location is perfect. The house very clean. The details "enchanting." There was plenty of space for my husband, my daughter, and me. The outdoor space is lovely. Including a power outlet bc I had to work most of an afternoon and could do so outside. We can't wait to come back.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews