About this listing
This dreamy guest house was designed by a prominent Venice artist who's known for his elaborate glass design. It's a sexy cozy space with a full bath, dining area, kitchen equipped with everything you need to make and serve yummy meals, a gorgeous glass sitting room with a twin day bed to lounge with a good book, and an exotic tropical garden. It is used solely for guest purposes, and is unencumbered by the owners personal items.
Located on a quiet one-way street, this little piece of heaven is located a 1/2 block from the glamorous Abbot Kinney Boulevard and 4 blocks from world famous Venice Beach.
There is ample room for storage with a closet for hanging clothes and two dressers. Perfect for a couple, or young parents with a small child, or a stay over friend. Furnished with two comfortable beds: one queen size in sleeping area, and one twin that doubles as a day bed in the glass sitting room. Both beds are made with luxurious high thread count linens. Bath and beach towels are provided as well.
The kitchen has a stove top, espresso maker, electric kettle, and toaster. The lush garden offers a sitting area and small dining table.
There are plenty of entertainment options: a sound system with multiple CD player, APPLE TV and dvd player, ipod hookup and wireless internet connection.
The interior is decorated in an eclectic fashion, with one of a kind pieces from the owners personal collection of art and books, as well as beautiful objects and furniture designed by the owner himself. Truly romantic, come here with someone you love, or alone to nourish your soul in this contemplative, inspiring place.
Abbot Kinney has been named "the coolest block in America" by GQ magazine and is known to offer the most unique array of shopping, restaurants and galleries in the city. TWO BIKES and locks are available for cruising around this wonderful little town.
Come and feast on all Venice has to offer...having traveled the world we can attest to the fact that there are few places with the rich intoxicating tapestry of culture, nature, art, cutting edge cuisine, diverse shopping, and amazing people you will find here.
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS:
Just minutes away you'll find the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk on the beach! On Abbot Kinney Blvd. you'll find specialty shops, excellent restaurants and trendy art galleries. Just north in Santa Monica, Main Street is fun; there's the Farmer's Market, the Santa Monica Pier and Amusement Park, and the hip Third Street Promenade with shops, restaurants and movies. Just south in Marina del Rey you can take a cruise, enjoy water-side dining, and take the Flyer over to Santa Catalina Island.
It's close to everything: the canals, shopping, the Venice Boardwalk and the white sandy beach, where you'll find volleyball, biking, basketball and just about every outdoor activity, including the famous Muscle Beach. Or, head to the water for swimming, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, shelling and deep-sea fishing. Only 5.5 miles from LAX airport.
Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hollywood, Getty Museum, Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), La Brea Tar Pits, Peterson Automotive Museum, Museum of Tolerance, Museum Of Jurassic Technology, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Griffith Observatory, Newport Beach and Fashion Island, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Pasadena and the Rose Bowl, Will Rogers State Park, Santa Monica Mountain Park, Greek Theater, and the Hollywood Bowl.
Take Bus 3 to LAX, Santa Monica, and Westwood.
Street parking only.
We do have cats on the property but they don't go inside the guest house. However, they may stroll through the private garden occasionally.
No babies or toddlers without our permission.
Other Things to Note
No babies or toddlers.
The only bikes available to guests are the two bikes with locks inside the guest house locked garden area. Any other bikes outside of this area (carport) are not ours and not available for your use. The two bikes inside the guest house garden must always be kept there (never left or moved to carport).
No babies or toddlers. No smoking. No pets. No large, loud or late parties; small gatherings may be OK with permission. Be considerate of neighbors.
Rule #1: Enjoy yourselves!
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING on the premises. If there is any smoking damage, including odors, or cigarette butts left anywhere on the premises or street, or if the neighbors are disturbed RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11 AM on the check out day. RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at the OWNER'S discretion. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay all costs related to the eviction in addition to the above hourly rent.
6. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make no alteration to the PREMISES without the OWNER’S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9.The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, and audio-video equipment.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES without written approval of the OWNER OR HER MANAGER.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12. The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 2 unless otherwise arranged.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is are not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given to show it.
17. The RESIDENT agrees to clean all dishes. (OK to leave in the dishwasher.)
18. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
19. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of neighbors.
20. The OWNER is not liable for the RESIDENT’S personal property.
We had a wonderful stay at the Enchanting Artist's Guest House. The location is perfect. The house very clean. The details "enchanting." There was plenty of space for my husband, my daughter, and me. The outdoor space is lovely. Including a power outlet bc I had to work most of an afternoon and could do so outside. We can't wait to come back.
Notre séjour dans cet appartement original a été particulièrement agréable et nous aimions vraiment nous y retrouver après une journée dédiée à des visites épuisantes. Venice est un quartier de Los Angeles où il fait bon vivre et où l'ennui n'a pas sa place et la proximité de Santa Monica permet de changer d'environnement et d'activités en quelques minutes de vélo. Ces vélos sont un atout très appréciable, il suffit de regarder le prix des locations à la journée pour se rendre compte que nos hôtes nous font un beau cadeau en nous en prêtant deux quand bien même ils ne seraient pas de première jeunesse (cela leur donne un charme supplémentaire!!! ) ! Le Whole foods market très proche pour faire ses courses propose de bons produits bios. Une voiture de location s'impose pour gagner en autonomie dès lors que l'on veut sortir de Venice et Santa Monica, les transports en commun étant rares et très lents, Darla m'en avait informée avant notre arrivée et nous avons bien fait de l'écouter. Un petit détail m'interpelle, dans l'annonce il est précisé que l'appartement possède "1 chambre" et de mon point de vue, cette chambre n'existe pas puisque le grand lit se trouve dans la pièce à vivre...mais ceci est un détail et voyageant seule avec ma fille je n'avais pas spécialement besoin d'intimité....
Donc....que du bonheur et de beaux souvenirs plein nos têtes ;-) ...
The guesthouse was absolutely stunning. There is no way to get such quick access to Venice Beach and live as comfortably for the price. The decor is charming and bright. We loved having mimosas in the garden area and would definitely stay here again. The only things to note were that the kitchen has a stove top, but no oven. (We tried to save money by getting a frozen pizza the last night, but whoops!) There is a cheap and yummy pizza place in walking distance off of Abott Kinney. We didn't get to meet the owner but she welcomed us with 20% off at her Boutique. Ladies beware, it's by far the cutest womens clothing and accessory store on the blvd. Such a gem, my expectations are high for the next airbnb. :)
I had a nice stay here, and the property is basically as advertised. It is further from the beach than I had thought, and the bikes are a little rough. The neighborhood felt safe, but finding parking during the day was tough. The only real problem was that the pipes were so loud that I woke up every morning at 7:00 when the owners showered.
Darla's instructions for self check-in were very clear & we had no issues at all. The space was absolutely "enchanting," and we really enjoyed our time there. This space is full of delightful surprises/details. The location is very convenient--only a very short walk to all the restaurants & shops on Abbott Kinney Blvd. Thanks again!
The guest house was simply amazing. One of the coolest airbnb experiences so far. The space is beautiful, with artwork and great books everywhere, the check in/out process and access were simple and clear, and the location cannot be beat. We took advantage of the bikes included and explored Venice, Santa Monica and the beaches everyday....Abbot Kinney is so close, with shopping and dining galore, and the Venice canals are also super close. Overall, a great place, just as described, and even prettier than in the pictures.
Loved this place. Funny when we first arrived, we weren't sure we liked it. Perhaps because we had just came from the Marriott for a wedding, and this was a distinct change. But by morning we felt very settled in and at home and loved it and all it's funky oddities. For example, the walls are not all right angles, and the glass sitting room feels like you are living outside. I loved waking up in the morning and looking into the sitting room, feeling like we were sleeping in a jungle. This place has character, something that is sadly disappearing around Venice as prices go up and new houses replace old. We used the bikes a lot and road up and down the ocean front bike path to Manhattan Beach and past Santa Monica. We road them to the Santa Monica promenade and wandering around one day, then road back along the ocean. We never met our hosts, but any questions we had were answered within a short time frame. This is a great location where you can walk or bike easily to places such as the beach or Whole Foods. We only used the kitchen for breakfast and snacking but it was well equipped and things like sugar and olive oil, spices, and more are there so you don't have to buy this stuff for your time there. This place will not be for everyone because of its uniqueness and casual ambiance. There are cobwebs here and there, and the furniture has some wear but nothing bad. Also, when the windows are open, people in the units behind you sound like they are in your house. But noise (talking, singing, and once piano playing) was just brief with people occasionally coming and going, nothing that was disturbing or woke us. It was easy to find parking on the street. The street is residential but just a very short walk to Abbot Kinney. We also walked to the canals and wandered around, about a 10 minute walk away.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews