About this listing
Alverna House B&B is a beautiful modern and spacious family home situated on the outskirts of Athlone Town on the border of Roscommon and Westmeath. It offers cosily furnished rooms with garden views, hearty full Irish breakfasts, and a games room with a full-size pool table. We have 5 rooms in total. This listing is for our double room which sleeps up to two guests.
Each bright and modern room at Alverna House B&B includes wooden floors and its own private bathroom. Guests can relax in the room with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and free tea, coffee and biscuits. Some rooms also boast disabled-friendly facilities.
Free parking is provided and guests can enjoy boating and water activities on Lough Ree, less than 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel. Clonmacnoise Monastic Site and Lock's Whiskey Distillery are only 30 minutes' drive from Athlone. Located on the N61 just 5km from N6 (Dublin/Galway) motorway (Exit 12). 2km from the Hodson Bay Hotel and the Athlone Golf Club. It is just 10 minutes’ drive from Athlone town centre and 2 minutes from Athlone Golf Club and Hodson Bay.
Facilities at Alverna House include:
- Free wifi
- Free off-road parking for guest use
- Full disabled access with spacious disabled guest room available.
- TV and Games room with full sized pool table.
- Spacious dining room
- Guest lounge
- Cots and baby sitting facilities available on request
- All rooms are ensuite with multi-channel TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities. Hairdryers & irons available on request
- Babysitting/Child Services, Laundry, Breakfast in the Room, Packed Lunches, Fax/Photocopying, Special Diet Menus (on request)
- We provide a TV and Games Room with full sized pool table and also a separate TV Lounge.
Local amenities include Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone Golf Club (within 3 km), Lough Ree with boating facilities, Bars & Restaurants, shops, R.C. Church, GAA Club, Golfing range. There is also Fishing, Casino, Children's Playground, Billiards, Windsurfing, Darts, Canoeing, Diving, Horse Riding and Mini Golf.
I have been running our bed and breakfast for 6 years. I actually grew up in a B&B, as my parents owned one, so I've lots of experience. We have had guests come to stay from around the world. My husband works in building and we have young kids who are into Gaelic football & soccer. We enjoying skiing and general outdoor stuff, including walking and cycling. We are both from Athlone.