The Palau de la Musica Loft is a recently renovated apartment situated on the central public square, Placa Urquinaona, next to the impressive concert hall – Palau de la Musica and just a few steps away from Placa Catalunya in Barcelona. This is an excellent base from which to explore the city’s most famous attractions, such as the historic Gothic neighbourhood, the Raval, the famous Rambla and the chic shopping street – Passeig de Gracia. An attractive, modern apartment in an area with excellent public transport links and a metro station just a few steps away.
With a 3 metre high window, the Palau de la Musica Loft is a modern apartment which benefits from a lot of natural light. The apartment has recently been renovated and is equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay. This magnificent loft measures 80 M2 and is composed of two open-plan floors with a capacity for 4 people. On the first floor you will find a living room – dining room with a double sofa bed, a fully equipped kitchen as well as a bathroom. At the top of a flight of stairs you will find a double bed. Although the apartment is located on the third floor of a building without a lift, it is worth the climb to enjoy a proper night’s rest after a long day out in the city.
A brand-new, designer loft apartment in the centre of Barcelona!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$28 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Monthly Price:||$2805 /month|
|Neighborhood:||Sant Pere/Santa Caterina|
The loft is beautiful and very comfortable! I will be booking here again for sure for my next stay in Barcelona! Perfect location as it is not right on La Rambalas but it's just around the corner. Less chaos! Thanks Juan! See you soon :)
Nous avons passé un trop court séjour dans le loft d'Alfonso, fonctionnel, design et idéalement placé.
Merci pour tout.
Excellent apartment in a great location. Would highly recommend!
L'appartement est très bien situé et tout est à porter de la main.
Alfonso est très symapthique. Il m'a même porter ma valise pour monter les escaliers un peu raide (typique de barcelone) donc ne vous chargez pas trop.
L'appartement est très agréable et joliment décoré.
While our host was quite charming & friendly, and the unit essentially matched the photos, we encountered a number of obvious maintenance issues and considerations that needed attention.
On the plus side, just as you see in the photos, the interior of the unit was remodeled in a smart, sophisticated style that exploited light and geometry to maximize the sense of openness and space. On arrival, we found the interior to be clean and well-organized. When sightseeing, we appreciated that our unit was was ideally located midway between the historic Gothic/El Born districts and the more modern Eixample district.
However, on the con side, the stay suffered from a number of maintenance issues and other bothersome concerns that, on reflection, were too numerous and annoying to overlook. So here's our litany of complaints:
- During check-in, the host informed at us that the washer and dryer were not operational. A functioning washer and dryer are advertised amenities for this unit, and our ability to do laundry was one of our main rental criteria.
- Of the two air conditioning units, the main one over the entry foyer would continually leak a large quantity of condensation onto the floor.
- The entry knob was loose and kept coming off in our hands each time we entered or left the unit.
- We were supplied with two well-worn bath towels and one hand towel without backups. Though we were promised a mid-week towel change, the towel change never materialized.
- While the listing disclosed that the unit is located up several flights of stairs, the listing and photos fail to disclose that the main entrance to the building and the staircase are run-down, not modernized, and smell of sewage.
- As one can see from the photos, the bathroom's ultra modern vanity and wash basin are made of glass. It's all very smart, looks sparkling until you realize that they're easily stained from Barcelona’s hard water supply and are impossible to keep clean. Also, the bathroom felt dark due to a number of missing light bulbs and its black-tiled design.
- The shower head, while modern, failed to deliver an adequate stream and the hose to the shower wand was fraying and beginning to form a leak.
- The elegant & modern 'Twilight Sleeper Sofa' pictured in the living was, as we discovered, crudely reupholstered in a rumpled corduroy fabric, degrading the otherwise modern and clean appearance of the sitting area.
- During the check-in process, the host charged us a 10 euro tourism/accommodation tax that was not part of the terms of our reservation. This fee could have easily been absorbed by the host as part of the greater rental fee and would have avoided creating an unnecessarily awkward initial interaction with our host.
- While other reviewers may have found the unit to be quiet, we often heard voices, footsteps and music from adjacent neighbors—as well as the dreaded odor of cigarette smoke wafting into our unit. -Cough-
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Juan was a lovely, friendly host & we had a great stay in Barcelona . The apartment was clean, spacious & we loved it's modern feel. Staying here we were 5 mins walk to the Place de la Catalunya where the Aerobus stops - perfect! There's loads of bars, restaurants & metro stations nearby - we'd recommend this place to anyone - thanks again Juan!!
juan,moltes gracies.sense filtres.moltes gracies.
Hem estat molt be i m'alegrara molt de contactar-te de nou quant vingui a Barna.Ting una por sana que hem diu que deixi t'escriure coses positives perque l'apartament sempre llogat i no el podre gaudir mes :-)
The flat is nicely situated in the Born district close to many tourist landmarks, small cafes, restaurants and interesting artisanry shops.
The street in which the loft is located in is quite busy, however, there is absolutely no noise to be heard inside the appartment - it is very quiet. Since the appartment lies in the top floor of an old building keep in mind that you will have to walk up some faily steep stairs.
The inside of the appartment was decorated as shown on the images. It is a modern and clean appartment and everything worked fine.
Juan was an excellent host and handing over the keys worked perfectly well.
Juan Alfonso. Es muy amable. Ha sido una pena que el apartamento estaba ya ocupado. Espero que la proxima vez sea possible reservarlo.
Muchas geacias. Laura
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT