About This Listing
- Large, modern home centrally located in South West Portland suburb. Nice private bedroom and private bath.
- Public transportation is about a 1/2 mile walk on a fairly level sidewalk. "Trimet" is the name of Portland's transportation service, so you can look that up and see what transit options are available if you don't have a car. Or there is a service called Getaround where you can rent privately owned cars by the hour.
- About 15 minutes to downtown, easy access to the wine country and beaches. Front porch with rocking chair, covered back porch with grill. Look up "King City" in Oregon to get a good idea where the house is located relative to Portland, Beaverton, and other suburbs..
- If you are visiting parents or grand parents who live in or near to many of the retirement homes and facilities in King City, this is an ideal location, as it's only minutes away. It's in a suburb, so it's not in the middle of downtown or exciting nightlife, but it's also less expensive. It is also a good compromise if you want to visit the city, but also want to visit the wine country or the north central coast.
- I have a second bedroom available as well. It's got an inflatable bed, but it's the higher-end one from Costco (AeroBed® 18" Queen Air Mattress ) so it's reasonably comfortable. See https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1774537
- You're welcome to use the fridge to store your food and you're welcome to use the washer/dryer as well.
- I have a small printing business that I run from my home. The equipment is in the garage, so it's out of sight and is quiet.
- For a great guide to things to see and do in Oregon , check out this is a really good website for ideas on things to see and do in Oregon (website hidden)
House rules: I'm fairly laid-back, so I don't have too many rules:
0) No guns! I recently had someone bring a loaded gun into the home. If you need a gun for security & companionship, please rent elsewhere! This rule is non-negotiable.
1) I'd appreciate no shoes inside the house. It makes it so much easier to keep clean.
2) Please no smoking ( includes weed ) inside. Not being judgmental, I just really don't like the house reeking for the next guest :)
3) I try to keep the rental costs low, so please do purchase any food or drinks ( other than the breakfast items I mentioned earlier) that you might want from one of the many nearby groceries. You're welcome to use the kitchen and fridge, of course.
Mike was very helpful with providing information about the area. I felt very much at home and loved having his dog Notch for company. Area was secure and I didn't have to worry about parking. Residence was also close to the main office which was an added benefit.
What a wonderful and cozy home! During the holidays, my boyfriend and I were able to spend Christmas together thanks to Mike's incredible flexibility. Having our own little bathroom and room was amazing, and knowing we had a friendly host to ask any questions about the area and how to get around was really nice. The dog, Notch, was also very friendly and so much fun to play with. We had a wonderful stay that made Christmas feel like we were home again. Thank you for everything! We highly recommend staying here, and know if we are reunited again in Portland, we will be giving Mike a call!
Mike is an excellent host. He is a very courteous, respectful and lovely person. He made me feel right at home. The house and bedroom are cozy and clean. The bedroom description is very accurate. I would definitely stay here again. By the way, Notch is a friendly and cute dog. I'll miss him greeting me every morning!! Cheers, Lis Ungareti Bastos.
Mike made me feel extremely welcome. Accommodations accurately described. Clean home.
As a avid traveller to Portland, I must say that I was VERY happy with Mikes accommodations. Mike was very understanding and accommodating to our needs and such a gracious host. Since I travel a lot between Eugene, OR and Portland, OR, being in VERY close proximity to I-5 was very convenient.
The bed was very comfortable, clean and the bathroom was as well. His house was beautiful, clean, and very inviting.
Notch is a great little host as well and such a great dog.
I know that I will definitely be staying here more often and I highly recommend it.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews