About this listing
Gorgeous private suite with everything you need to enjoy a few days in Nashville! But the best part - Only mins to downtown! 20 min walk or $7 taxi ride or catch the free Music City Circuit (downtown bus loop 6AM-6PM) 2 blocks over at Farmers Market
This is a new house I designed and built so that my 2 kids that are off to college would have a nice private suite for themselves when they came to visit. It just so happens that this is also perfect for airbnb travelers!! All the suites are soundproofed between each unit, and each unit has its own lockable door. The big plus is that its only about $6 taxi fare to the downtown entertainment district!
New Super Suite!
•Queen size bed
•Wet bar with Mini fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker, (stocked with coffee, hot chocolate, popcorn, bottled water)
•44" Flat Panel TV with full Satellite (HBO, Cinemax, etc)
Come and go as you please without interrupting anyone in the other suites. Beautiful new suite located on the second floor of my home is just 2 blocks to Bicentennial Mall State Park and Farmers Market, and just a few more blocks to Germantown restaurants and downtown Nashville.
No (URL HIDDEN) Cleaning (URL HIDDEN) Deposit.
But take care of my home!!!
Bicycle rentals (2 blocks from the house)
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) "Nashville Bicycles"
Music City Circuit ( free downtown bus loop also 2 blocks)
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) "Music City Circuit"
If you like to hike!! Warner park - 7 best hikes in USA!
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) "Foder's 7 best hikes in the US"
2 NIGHT MINIMUM OVER WEEKENDS (if available)
Check out this video of the area:
Interaction with Guests
With the front door code locks installed you are free to arrive at anytime after check-in without me having to meet you, But if you need anything.....just give me a shout!!
I do love this neighborhood! 2 blocks from the farmers market and the Bicentennial Mall State Park!!....Walk to restaurants!!...Downtown!! When i first moved here i wasn't sure how i would like living this close to downtown.....and WOW....Now i couldn't imagine being back out in the burbs! I'd be bored to death!!
To get downtown, you have many choices:
- Walk 2 blocks to the Music City Circuit stop (free downtown bus service from 6AM - 6PM)
- Take a 25 minute walk (My favorite! Along the way browse Farmers Market, then checkout Bicentennial park, then take the capitol steps up to the State capital building(check out the view!), then on to War Memorial Plaza and your downtown! Just a short walk down Church St to the entertainment district, and you have to walk out on the pedestrian bridge over the Cumberland River just for the view of Nashville!!
- Take a $6 Lift or Uber ride (Second best choice!!)
- Less than 2 mile drive (but parking will cost you. especially on the busy weekends!)
Great restaurants nearby:
* Rolf & Daughters - #3 Best New Restaurant in America 2013(URL HIDDEN)
* Monell's - When in Nashville do what the locals do…Pass the Peas please! Great Southern Food served Family Style in Historic Settings. Skillet Fried Chicken, Green beans…
* Germantown Cafe - Germantown Café has become a reliable fixture on Nashville's dining scene by offering fresh, creative cuisine at reasonable prices, as well as a fully-stocked bar
* Garden Brunch Café - Nashville’s premier brunch venue! Experience our unique renditions of Eggs Benedict, our seasonal variations of pancake delicacies, ...
* Farmers Market - Multiple eating establishments!! Too many to list but a few of my favorites are:
* El Buritto Mexicano - I go here for a great breakfast..3 egg Western Omelet, hash-browns and toast only $5.50!(URL HIDDEN)Market BBQ - Southern BBQ done right!!
If you don't have a car I suggest downloading the LYFT or Uber application to your smartphone. This is definitely the best and cheapest way to get around the city by auto. It's about a $7 ride to the downtown entertainment district! Or you could walk (app 7 mins) to the Farmers Market and Bicentennial Mall State Park area. There you can rent bikes or catch the free downtown bus loop (Music City Circuit) that runs from 6 am till 6 pm at 7th and Harrison. But just do as i do and walk...only about 25 mins to the downtown entertainment district!!
Other Things to Note
Check in is anytime after 4PM. Check out is by 11 AM. If you need in earlier, let me know. Please text me at checkout so i can let the maid know. She likes to start as early as possible.
Rental Rules: Guest agree to abide by the Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all member of the Rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
1.Age Requirements: Guests under the age of 21 unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian will not be permitted to register and will lose all funds paid to the homeowner. Any reservations made under false pretenses will result in loss of advance payments and possible removal of guest from rental unit. The Homeowner reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
2.Extra Guests: People other than those in the guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3.Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed inside the home.
4.Accidents, injuries, or illness: The home is privately owned. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whim they invite to use the premises.
5.Use of property: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6.Pets: Pets are NOT permitted.
7.Parking: Parking is limit to designated spots (do not block the driveway) or on street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8.Housekeeping: There is no daily maid service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
9.Weather: No refunds will be given for storms, rain, or other weather conditions.
10.Quiet Hours: Please respect the neighbors and others in the house by keeping noise down after 10:00 p.m.
11.Check-in policy: Check-in any time after 4:00 p.m. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check- in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
1. Guest must check out by 11:00 A.M.
2. Guest is required to leave the property in the same general condition that it was in upon check in by making sure dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, and sanitized.
3. Please leave all used towels and sheets in the hamper in the bedroom closet.
4. Please leave the hallway door open and key on the table.
5. Please text me at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) upon checkout so I can inform the cleaners.
6. Guest that do not vacate the rental property by 11:a.m. without the consent of the homeowner are subject to a fee equal to one (1) rental day.
13.Access: Guest shall allow homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
I know your not coming to Nashville to visit me, but i will do my best to provide a great place to stay while you are in Nashville! I am a single Dad with 2 great kids off to college! I built this home 3 years ago and love living near downtown Nashville. I am an avid walker and most weeks put in 15 to 20 miles just walking from my home to the Historical Germantown area, Bicentennial Mall State Park, Farmers Market, State Capital, Legislative Plaza, TPAC, then on to Lower Broad, 2nd Ave, and Riverfront park where all the honky tonks are located! That total distance is just a little over 2 miles each way.
I was in the USAF and Tennessee Air Guard for 13 years where i was a navigator on C-130's. After my military life i became a General Contractor and started my own business. After being in the country for so long i decided to try the city life. I bought a vacant lot in this historical overlay district and loved it. Since then I have built 2 more homes on this street. I do love this up and coming neighborhood.
I also love to hike the mountains! I have summed 3 12,000 foot peaks in the Rockies and last summer my son and I summed 14,254 foot Long's Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park. I must admit - it kicked my ass ... but wow!... what a view! Leaves no doubt there is a God! I also love to kayak and travel. But the best times are with the kids. We love to play strategy board games..Settlers of Catan, Acquire, and Cashflow. I love Axis and Allies, but its hard to get them to play that! I also play in a Texas holdem Poker League...for points...not for cash!
UPDATE: That's my first grandbaby...Walt....Born 19 November 2012!!