About this listing
Imagine awakening to spectacular sunrises visible from on high, stepping onto your deck to dine, lounge. Soaking in the hot tub surrounded by gardens, viewing the koi pond, listening to the sweet sound of waterfalls and birdsong = Peaceful Paradise!
Get the best of Santa Barbara and Montecito at an incredible value. Enjoy your Guest Cottage on a shared luxury Estate where you will experience a peaceful nature-based retreat, close-in, and a world apart. Here’s how...
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: Your private guest cottage with relaxing deck and hot tub is nestled within a gated estate within Santa Barbara tucked between the ocean and the foothills of nearby Las Padres National Forest and Montecito. Enjoy infinite million dollar views of the coastline, ocean, Channel Islands National Park as well as nearby hiking, biking and paragliding. Enjoy a beverage watching colorful sunrises & sunsets - away from the crowds and yet just a 5-10 minute drive to downtown, Mission, museum, gardens, wine tasting and the beach!
2. Luxury Amenities: Everything you would expect in a luxury all-suites hotel at a fraction of the price. Your 600’ sf private cottage is casually elegant, includes 1 Cal-King bed (sleeps up to 2) and luxury linens, spacious living area with a good quality queen sofa sleeper (no springs or bars). Typically, the cottage sleeps 2 persons. Though if you have an extra person ok on an excellent sofa sleeper, it is $30 extra fee for the extra person). Also, there is one bath which is by the king bed area. There is a dining area indoors and out, fully-equipped modern kitchenette, 1 full bath with tub and shower, a spacious desk area, safety deposit box, robes, free Internet & Wi-Fi, Blu-Ray, flat screen TV, library and free private parking. You will enjoy expansive views of the ocean, mountains, and night lights from every room.
3. Relax in teak loungers and outdoor dining area by your hot tub on your deck, surrounded by beautiful gardens, Coastal Live Oaks and stunning ocean views. Your umbrella and access to outdoor heater enhance your time in nature. Your free private parking area is adjacent to your cottage. There are often coupons for 24 hour fitness center and classes 10 minutes nearby and more available online. There are yoga mats, stretch bands and bars available.
You are welcome to use the free laundry, gas BBQ, beach chairs and 18 speed bicycles, and these particular amenities are also shared by the hosts. Birding on-site is enhanced by birding books and charts provided.
4.This scenic location and private cottage is a perfect for birding, photography, filmmaking, intimate WeddingMoon, relocation search, romantic getaway, business or restorative retreat, hiking or cycling vacation, and access to adjacent Parma Park, and nearby Sheffield Reservoir and Botanic Gardens. Knowledgeable hosts (creators of the highest AAA-rated 4-Diamond lodging in all Alaska, and discreet Destination and Adventure Weddings), include recommend hidden gems to see, do, and dine in your guest guide, helping you enjoy the most from your trip to Santa Barbara. You can even take a parasailing lesson and soar high over your cottage.
5. Take the convenient road less traveled now along the American Riviera and discover why guest reviews and ratings top the charts. Stay a weekend, a week, or month and create joyful memories lasting a lifetime.
6.BOOK NOW! Easy on-line booking and payment. Or call Diane or Steve at (phone number hidden) to book Pacific Peace Cottage in Santa Barbara. Enjoy extended stay and Frequent Stay discounts. Your hosts have 25+ years in property, lodging and travel/ourism management. You are assured to be safe and in good hands. We look forward to hosting you and facilitating friendships between Santa Barbarans and the world wide.
Keywords: luxury vacation rental in Santa Barbara. Private Cottage, ocean views, hot tub, hiking, biking, California honeymoon, romantic retreat.
The cottage and the hosts/main house share our 1.3 acre gated estate and the entry for each are oriented away from each other and decks screened with large, lushly planted pots. You will enjoy your private upscale cottage with the open bedroom area a few steps above the open living and dining area, as well as full bath and basic kitchenette. Every room in your private cottage has an amazing ocean view and is fully equipped for a weekend, week or monthly stay. You also have robes, slippers a safe, games, Wi-Fi, tv, Blu-ray, comfortable and casually elegant furnishings.
Relax in your private cottage, and on your exclusive-use deck & hot tub under the stars overlooking the ocean, islands and coastline. Every area has an incredible ocean view.
Enjoy convenient shared access of the laundry area, koi pond, freezer, and BBQ, beach chairs and more with the hosts detached home within the private gated estate.
Please advise your schedule of arrival and departure times, as we would like to meet you.Thank you.
Interaction with Guests
Your cottage is on a shared gated estate near the hosts home. If you're looking for privacy, your cottage stay is private, self-serviced, self-catered.
Your experienced hosts (25 years in luxury inn and hospitality) can share the best of what to do and see in the area. You will learn about the area highlights, incredible beauty, architectural charm, beaches, adventures, shopping, diverse dining, wine tasting, parasailing (over your cottage even), hiking, sailing, whale watching, surf schools, harbor, wharf, massage/wellness and more.
You will be above the fog, typically, be wide open to nature and expansive ocean views. There are just 2 buildings on the private gated estate on over an acre. Enjoy million dollar views, open to 270 degree ocean, coastline, and island views and 90 degree mountain views.
Tucked on over an acre of coastal live oak trees, above a 40 acre hiking park, amid the spacious nature in the Santa Barbara foothills, next to hiking, popular Gibralter Loop cycling, and close to botanic and lotusland gardens, historic mission, and adjacent to luxurious Montecito, home of the stars, and theater is 5 minutes. All major attractions, dining, more theaters, pacific ocean and beach, downtown and more is just 10 minutes.
A car is necessary, as you will be 10 minutes from downtown Santa Barbara and a few minutes to Montecito, and 20 to the airport at SBA or 90 from LAX. You can also take the Amtrak train into Santa Barbara and rent a car. The station is about 3 miles from your cottage. You have your own private off-street parking space next to your private cottage.
So near, yet in a world of nature away from the bustling crowds. Lot.s of adjacent and nearby hiking and biking. Birding everywhere, especially around the decks, waterfalls, and koi ponds.
Other Things to Note
portable air conditioner, Wi-Fi printer, and just about anything you can imagine, available on request.
Join the select group of travelers that choose the best of Santa Barbara, at an affordable price for luxury, comfort, privacy, and hospitality, all with a unique expansive view of the ocean.
Satisfaction guaranteed. You will stay again and again, like many others. This peaceful retreat appeals to lovers of views, nature, discreet privacy, incredible views and high quality experience.
This destination is a perfect for a honeymoon, adventure vacation, peaceful getaway, discreet small film location or photography paradise. If you like quiet, this is a great place. If you want to party-hardy or otherwise be noisy, please choose differently by staying at a public place.
The maximum occupancy is 3. Your Events and visitors are disallowed unless approved at the time of booking - for security, privacy and noise concerns. As the owner has 25 years as a certified wedding planner and officiate and is passionate about couples commitment, a small ceremony limited to bride/groom, witness and officiate, may possibly be allowed very briefly, and only if also honeymooning at the property. If you want to share with or entertain friends and family, please do so at a large public property, rather than our private gated home and property. You can then retreat to your peaceful paradise here afterward.
So, while there are two separate buildings within close proximity on the property, mutual privacy is respected, and hospitality is available as appropriate.
Super Hosts, Diane and Steve, have been in the luxury hospitality profession for over 25 years. Our former property in Alaska which we founded and managed was featured in a 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.
• Relax and have fun while also being considerate of neighbors and following city laws re: safety, noise, trash, parking to avoid complaints that could end your stay and risk your deposit. Basically, be a good guest at your peaceful getaway here in Santa Barbara. Rules are simple.
1.Responsibility: The person making the reservation is responsible for ensuring all rules and city laws are followed by all occupants and visitors to the rental.
2.Not permitted: No: open flames, smoking, pets, parties, events, visitors, toddlers.
3.Occupancy and Access: Access is by reserved overnight guests only, unless pre-approved at time of booking.
4.Noise: Excess noise is unlawful anytime, and particularly between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
5.Hot Tub: Shower before use. No pregnant person may use. Avoid alcohol. Please enjoy quietly as noise travels over the jets. Turn off jets when not in use (takes 10+ minutes to heat)
6.BBQ: Maintain control of BBQ at all times when in use, do not exceed 500 degrees. Turn off the in-line source of gas near BBQ after use.
7.Hosts: 24 hours contact for hosts, who live next door in a detached building within the gated estate, will be provided prior to arrival. Hosts have 25+ years professional luxury inn/travel consultant/hospitality experience, are well traveled. We are here to help you!.
8.Emergency: For fire, ambulance, or natural disaster, Call 911, then call hosts.
9.Fire, Safety, Security, Comfort: Current tamper-proof smoke/carbon dioxide detectors/alarms are installed where required. A safe is installed in your rental. Keyless security lock with 1” deadbolt is installed on your door, and all windows have screens and are lockable, and there are ground floor fire escapes via window or door in your unit. Enjoy the ocean breezes from your open windows/doors.
10.Comfort: All basic and emergency kitchen and bath supplies (shampoos, paper towels, linens, pots, and dozens of oft-used items) are provided. Enjoy a Complimentary Welcome Package with wine, cheese, crackers, etc. upon arrival. Your rental has a portable heater, fan, and a window air conditioner if needed. Your private deck includes dining area, loungers, hot tub, and panoramic ocean views!
11.Parking: Your have 1 private off-street parking space next to your cottage rental (with room to squeeze in one more in case your companion arrives separately). Please do not park on the street. Use the mirrors opposite the driveway to watch for oncoming cars or bikes. Use the turnaround at the top of the main driveway to facilitate safer access onto the road.
12.Tax: 12% city tax and $2 per night city fee applies to all stays of 30 days or less. For airbnb, this is already calculated and included in your rate. For vrbo/flipkey this is a shown as a separate item on your invoice.
(website hidden)/Damage: Your cleaning fee covers normal deep cleaning, sanitation, linens, etc. after you pick up after yourself. Clean any dishes, pots, etc. and dump trash regularly and before departure. There will be a charge to insurance or you for any damage or missing items other than normal wear and tear.
14.Trash: Please ensure trash is put in large blue recylcables or brown trash city receptacles provided by the driveway. Any excess trash that does not fit in must be removed from the premises, not left in sight from the street. Trash is collected at the curb each Thursday.
15. Check In/Out: Contact hosts prior to arrival. We will meet/greet if possible. Plan on self-check-in >3p, self-check-out typically 4 pm. Turn off all electrical objects except refrigerator before departure. Have a safe trip!
Imagine waking to an ocean, coastline and island view from your private cottage and hot tub!