Sit back, take a deep breath and relax. Feel the warmth of the wood burning stove, look up and let your eye be drawn up the roof poles, past the Moroccan lantern and through the large skylight where you will see the stars twinkling in the night sky………endless possibilities await on the holiday that lies ahead you.
Our holidays are perfect for families, friends or couples looking to get away from it all.
Modeled on the ornate Turkmen Yurt and made in the U.K. from light coloured ash sourced from sustainable woodlands our Yurts are extremely strong and are capable of withstanding anything the British weather can throw at them. The outside cover is made from a thick water tight poly cotton canvas. High enough so you don’t have to bend down when walking around and set on a raised wooden tongue and groove floor come and enjoy a back to nature holiday without compromising on the usual luxuries you would expect from you holiday.
Long Valley Yurts Low Wray site is situated within the National Trust Campsite at Low Wray on Windermere. Close to Ambleside, Hawkshead and Windermere on what is often referred to as the quiet side of the England’s largest lake. Offering three 16ft Yurts and three 16ft Bell Tents available from April through to November, it offers the perfect base for an array of activities and excursions. Whether it’s canoeing on the lake, mountain biking at Grizedale, gentle lakeside walks or just sitting back at the site relaxing there is something for everyone.
New for 2013, We have three Yurts all on the Lake Shore, with amazing views down the lake, right from the front door.
We also offer outdoor activities from the site including Canadian Canoeing/Moonlit Canoeing and Into the Wild Bushcraft and Survival Courses. In addition Gorge Scrambling, Rock Climbing or a Mountain Day are available from our Great Langdale site (a short drive away). Bicycle hire is also available from the site reception. See the Outdoor Activities page on the our own website for more information.
Some things you will find in our Yurts;
• Wood burning stove with large hot plate – ideal for additional cooking. The 18ft Yurts come with an integrated oven too
• Raised wooden floors covered in thick woolen Moroccan style rugs to keep the warmth in
• Solar lighting
• Twinkling solar fairly lights
• A fully equipped and functional kitchen, including all the things you are likely to need to cook, bake and dine in style.
• Gas hobs and grill, no charge for gas.
• Games chest, full of games retro and new for times when you’re just too comfortable to go outside.
• Comfortable futon style beds consisting of a double and single futon style beds which conveniently turn into seating during the day. We also provide freshly laundered linen for all beds including cotton sheets, feather pillows and duvets.
• Large central skylight, to bring the inside to life and for amazing stargazing when the lights go out.
Unfortunately we do not accept dogs.
I really enjoyable my stay in Langdale. The Yurt was a great base for exploring the Langdale pikes and beyond. It's situated within a national trust campsite with a well equipped shop that does bacon baguettes in the morning! There is a bus stop right at site entrance as well as three pubs with 10 mins walk. I think I will be back..
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT