About This Listing
Historical building with high ceilings and beautiful doors. The spacious, bright apartment, fully equipped with everything necessary for living - WiFi, cozy kitchen, PRIVATE BATHROOM in the room and a spacious hallway.
1) Ideal for 2 friends or couples - "Vespa room with private bathroom" www.airbnb.com/rooms/407422
2) for couples, newlyweds, pair of sweethearts - "Orchidea room with private bathroom" www.airbnb.com/rooms/802413
3) For families, big group of friends, you can rent all the flat with 3 double rooms. It's not expensive as you think! www.airbnb.com/rooms/816949
All the necessary comforts for a pleasant stay:
* Gas water heater (so you use hot water without limits)
* Big fan in the room
* Maps of Rome
* Washing machine
* Gas-stove with 4 burners
* Moka (italian coffee-machine)
* Bar angle: table and chairs
* Iron and iron desk
* Front door with security lock
* Latex mattresses and pillows diversified tepee
* Brand new bed linen
* 2 towels (big and small) for every guest
* Carpet for bathroom
In september 2012 famous italian director Paolo Sorrentino shooted his new film ("La Grande Bellezza") in this appartment.
The quarter Salario goes back to 1911, its name comes from the Salaria Way, named so by Romans as it was used to carry salt from the sea to the Sabina region. The architecture of its buildings is elegant and it's a very "green" area: the beautiful Villa Borghese Park with its museums and zoo inside, Villa Torlonia, Villa Paganini and Villa Albani parks.
Besides the Aurelian Walls, there are roman archeological finds as Horti Sallustiani, the grave of the poet Sulpicius Maximus, a hipogean temple, the Lucilio Peto Mausoleum.
Even though it is the smallest quarter in Rome in its area there are many important institutions as Ministries, Universities, Polyclinic, Embassies. The Museum of Contemporary Art (MACRO) and many Art Galleries have turned the Salario quarter an artistic point of reference.
The Salario is adjacent to Parioli, Pinciano, Trieste and Nomentano quarters.
The apartment is located in central Rome, near (15-20 min. by step or 5 min. by bus) the railway station Termini. The nearest metro station Policlinico (Line B, The blue line), bus stops Nomentana / Regina Margherita and V.le Regina Margherita / Nizza. On the ground floor apartment is located a comfortable family cafe Contrucci. At 100 meters from the house there are 2 supermarkets and the food market. Restaurants I Butteri, Itoya (Japanese cuisine), Fiesta Y Siesta (Mexican food), Villa Paganini. Sights nearby - Museum of Contemporary Art MACRO, parks, Villa Albani, Villa Torlonia, Villa Borghese.
Position of the flat
- Via Veneto 1.1 km
- Campo de' Fiori 2.9 km
- Colosseo 2.5 km
- Fontana di Trevi 1.8 km
- Palazzo Venezia 2.3 km
- Musei Vaticani 4.3 km
- Piazza di Spagna 1.6 km
- Piazza Navona 2.6 km
- Via Condotti 1.8 km
- Via del Corso 1.9 km
- Stadio Olimpico di Roma 4.5 km
- Colosseo 2.4 km
- Station of Roma Termini 1.1 km
- Teatro dell'Opera di Roma 1.3 km
- Aeroport Ciampino (CIA) 14.7 km
- Aeroport Fiumicino (FCO) 23.2 km
Other Things to Note
Check in after 21-00 costs 20 euro
Check in after 00-00 costs 40 euro
Please before leaving the flat don't forget to:
1) throw out all food from your room, fridge, kitchen table and balcon
2) throw out all things that you don't need any more from your room and bathroom
For every day:
1) don't leave your hair in the shower, please clean plughole after your getting shower
2) don't smoke in the room and in the flat
3) don't make a noise after 22-00 and before 8-00.
Nous avons apprécié la propreté et le bon agencement de l'appartement d'Irina. La chambre était bien telle que décrite dans l'annonce, la literie très confortable, l'accès à la cuisine très utile pour le petit déjeuner. Bien que très central,le quartier est calme.
Irina est très organisée, puisqu'elle nous avait préparé un plan avec toutes les indications nécessaires pour nous déplacer dans Rome par les transports en commun.
My son and I had a very good stay at this place and I can recommend it!
Thank you very much! Johannes
Me and a friend were two days of Irina's apartment. Apartment comfortable and interesting. Irina received us warmly and told us about the bus lines in the city. Comfortable room and even We contacted neighbors who live above the lovely students. Just having a problem in the shower too small for a big man and son can not enter this narrow shower stall. In addition there is some noise in the area but not too bad. Overall stay was reasonable.
Dear Nir! Thank you for your review. I think you forgot to write that i booked for you transfer by car with private driver from airport till the flat and driver made the way through the most historical places of Rome and also offer youк friend and you coffee near Colosseum. Also you didn't mention that I provided yuor friend and you very comfortable slippers. I don't know which noise did you hear and when? Our zone is very quiet and during night the cars don't pass there on small street via Cagliari. 1 week ago we changed the old wooden windows, now all the rooms have new plastic windows. Also we changed the bathroom. The hose of shower enters very well, without any problems.
Our host was called away so we did not meet her. However, she had someone else meet us and he was helpful. Irina arranged for a driver both ways, which was very convenient. The room was as described and quite comfortable. The kitchen was shared but that did not present a problem as we did not cook. It was nice to be in a lovely residential and commercial neighborhood with a great restaurant across the street, gelato downstairs, and a guy selling flowers on the street.
Irina's place was great. Very close to Policlinico Station and on the tram line so easy to get to all points of interest. She responds very quickly to messages and was on hand late at night when my friznd and I got stuck in the elevator (tip: do not open the door until the elevator is at a complete stop). She also arranged car service to Rome airport which was very convenient. The double twin room with private bath was very clean and was just as the pictures. Tip: buy water from the grocery across the street (.15 euro), eat at the Gelato place downstairs, & very good Asian fusion a short walk away in front of McDonalds. (Exit Irina's turn left and right at the end of the road.
The room was nice, maybe a bit noisy, but not too bad - just the typical noise of the famous roman scooters. The room was also very clean. I forgot my belt which was sent home by mail - this was very kind of Irina. On the other hand I did not quite like Irinas way to communicate - I let examples speak:
'Dear Alfred, this morning at 10-38 I found the light in the hall and in the kitchen turned on. The price of electricity is very high in Italy and on the all doors inside the flat I put 1 yesr ago the posters to swith off the light. Please, be attentive!'
Well it was not 11 o'clock, it was 10:38. Do you understand what I mean?
And yes, there are posters everywhere, what to do and what not to do - here she is right. When I told Irina that we weren't even in the kitchen, she replied: 'I didn't tell you that you are responsible of all light in the flat. I would like to tell to not forget to switch off.'
When we left there were apparent problems in the shower which Irina wanted to charge an extra 30€. Since we did not leave the shower in other conditions than we have found it I refused payment, which she accepted with following sentence:
'Alfred, don't worry, if you don't agree you shouldn't pay it. I should learn this lesson for the future and organise better the system. Nothing personal.'
I am not sure that this 'system' will make the accomodation more cosy and relaxed, but then again, no issue for me to worry about ...
Dear Alfred, thanks for your review!
1) Generally when my guests lost something in the flat or in the room, they pay me the time that I use to be in the post office and the cost of mailing sending. I spent 1 hour of my time to send the belt and 5,50 euro. You still didn't pay me these costs, so I really don't understand why you rebel?
2) I have the photos how the shower was in the day of your arrival and it is impossible to use the shower if it is broken. All other guests when it doesn't work anything, call me or write me to risolve th problem. You didn't make it.
3) If all in the flat and in the room so bad, it is noisy and I am not able to do nothing - according your opinion, why did you stay additional night besides your booking?
4) According the poster inside of your room there are the rules of the flat where you can find that in the day of departure you should toss out the garbage of your room. You didn't make it.
This host has 72 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Contrucci bar - excellent coffee and baked goods. Also you can buy there a lot of types of chocolates sweets, roasted coffee beans, teas and many other things.Via Cagliari Rome Lazio 00198
Fiesta Y Siesta - mexican restaurant with traditional kitchen.Via Nomentana Rome Lazio 00198
Farmacia Girotti Dr. FilippoVia Alessandria Rome Lazio 00198
You can buy vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, bread and many other things. It works every day till 1p.m.Piazza Alessandria Rome Lazio 00198
Museo DArt Contemporanea Roma - MACRO. You can see very interesting exhibitions and installations of international artists.Via Nizza Rome Lazio 00198
Comfortable and niceVia Bergamo Rome Lazio 00198
You can see a lot of new films in comfortable halls.Corso D'Italia Rome Lazio 00187
Villa Torlonia, the most recent of the villas belonging to Rome’s nobility, still retains a particular fascination due to the originality of its English-style garden. Museums of Villa Torlonia.Via Nomentana Rome Lazio 00161