About this listing
Please read our details before booking!
You'll be transported to a different world when you step foot inside this enchanting, whimsical dwelling that combines modern elements with woodsy charm and a touch of old-world Europe!
(We do not rent to loud, inconsiderate guests & enforce Bend's 10pm neighborhood noise ordinance. Read our house rules before booking).
It's a peaceful & playful, one-of-a-kind vacation accommodation that you will enjoy!
THIS MAGICAL SPACE IS IN A PRIVATE HOME WITH ADJOINING SEPARATE STUDIOS and features: 2 Bedrooms, each with FULL-SIZED IKEA FOAM MATTRESS BEDS, unique furniture; a fully-functional kitchen with 5-burner gas range; 2 daybeds with futon cushions (perfect for naps!); TV/movie viewing room with home entertainment center & large sectional couch; 2 bathrooms; back yard access w/HOT TUB, fenced-in area; & washer/dryer. Additional amenities include: Free parking, HD TV with cable & Movie Channels, WiFi, new IKEA mattresses & European duvets, hair dryer.
(PLEASE NOTE: Bend can periodically experience heatwaves in the summer months and WE DO NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. We do provide ample fans and instructions for keeping things cool during high heat. If you are more comfortable in air conditioning or have health issues, please consider staying elsewhere.)
NOTE (also in House Rules): WE DO NOT RENT TO GROUPS COMING TO PARTY OR WHOM ARE HEEDLESSLY LOUD AT NIGHT (MANAGER &/OR OWNER OVERSEES PREMISES). ALL GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO RESPECT BEND CITY NOISE ORDINANCES, OTHER GUESTS & OUR NEIGHBORS. NOISE LEVELS ARE TO BE KEPT TO CONSERVATIVE MODERATION & CONSIDERATE TO OTHER GUESTS FROM 10PM-8AM, INCLUDING HOT TUB USAGE DURING THESE HOURS. THE AIRBNB MEMBER WHO BOOKS THE RENTAL IS RESPONSIBLE TO EDUCATE OTHERS IN THEIR GROUP ABOUT OUR DESCRIPTION & HOUSE RULES, AS WE ENFORCE OUR POLICIES VIA ON-SITE MANAGER.
THIS UNIQUE SPACE HAS ADJOINING SEPARATE STUDIOS, BUT EACH HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVATE SECURE ENTRY. The house’s walls are not 100% sound proof, so please understand some noises do occur & occasionally from our 4-legged friends.
2 ADULTS + 2 CHILDREN (UNDER 12) MAXIMUM.
IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAVE IMPAIRMENT WITH MOBILITY, THIS RENTAL MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT DUE TO ITS ATYPICAL ARCHITECTURE (I.E. SMALL WALKWAYS AND VARIOUS STEPS THROUGHOUT)**
WE ARE NOT A BED & BREAKFAST OR A HOTEL.
** DECEMBER 2015 HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS REQUIRE 5-NIGHT MINIMUM STAY **
- Large Flatscreen TV
- DVD Player
- Stereo & Speakers
- Cable Stations with HBO
- Hot Tub & Deck (shared)
- Direct Access to Large Dog Run / Back Yard & Garden (shared)
- Parking (shared)
- Grill (shared)
(City room tax charged for all stays less than 30 days.)
If you have a PET that you want to bring, !!!PLEASE NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL!!!. We allow small (up to 20 lbs) to medium (20-40 lbs) sized, friendly, non-destructive dogs with our prior approval before booking (2 pet max). Dogs under 16 mos. old are not allowed. No Cats. FEES: Small non-shedding breeds (Shih-tzu, etc.): $25. All other shedding breeds & medium size dogs (Border Collie, etc.): $35. Pets must not be left unattended in the unit (see House Rules). DUE TO OUR INSURANCE COVERAGE & FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL GUESTS AND NEIGHBORS, WE DO NOT ALLOW AGGRESSIVE GUARD DOG BREEDS, SUCH AS DOBERMAN, PITBULL (OR ANY PITBULL MIX/STAFFORD TERRIER), GERMAN SHEPHERD, BULL MASTIFF, ETC.
For Holiday Weekends, we reserve the right to require 3-night minimum stays.
Regardless of who you are or where you come from, we are more than happy to open our doors to all kind & respectful persons. We do not discriminate with race, gender, sexual orientation & religion.
Shared: Hot Tub, Outdoor Grill, Decks, Entry Way & Gardens!
Interaction with Guests
Manager/Homeowner oversees property from Garage Studio just behind house.
Located on a residential street in Bend's hip & desirable west side, you're just a 10 min walk to downtown and close to great restaurants, markets, bakeries, and coffee!
Other Things to Note
Treat our home like grandma's. If you are not respectful & friendly, seek other accommodations.
We enforce our House Rules & Pet Policy (see House Rules for Pet Fees, etc.)
Nightly rate is based on two(2) person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $10 per person/ per night fee. Maximum of 2-4 people total allowed in rental. Infants/toddlers are an additional $5/night.
Pardon the long list. It has been helpfully inspired by those very few thoughtless guests...
•• CHECK-IN TIME is after 3 P.M.
Upon CHECK-OUT(11 A.M.): Consolidate all your trash/recycling &/or bring to bins at 5th Street, Wash all your dirty dishes, Exterior door(s) & windows closed, Keys placed in envelope leave on kitchen counter
($25 & up non-compliance charge)
THE AIRBNB MEMBER WHO BOOKS THE RENTAL IS RESPONSIBLE TO EDUCATE OTHERS IN THEIR GROUP ABOUT OUR DESCRIPTION & HOUSE RULES, AS WE ENFORCE OUR POLICIES. WE DO NOT ALLOW THIRD PARTY GUESTS TO STAY WITHOUT THE AIRBNB MEMBER PRESENT WHO BOOKED THE RESERVATION.
• No excessive loud music (or musical instrument playing/drumming) or loud disturbances to neighbors.
Between 10pm-8am (BEND CITY ORDINANCE), keep noise levels to conservative moderation & considerate to other guests. (The house’s walls are not 100% sound proof, so please understand some noises do occur and occasionally from our 4-legged friends.)
• PETS: If you have a PET that you want to bring, PLEASE NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL (via Airbnb's written message correspondence). We evict, if you show up with pet(s) unannounced. PETS: People and other pet-friendly SMALL TO MEDIUM DOGS are welcome. If your dog is aggressive to both animals and people/property, seek other accommodations. We allow small to medium friendly, non-destructive dogs with our prior approval before booking (2 pet max). No Cats.
FEES: Small non-shedding breeds (Shih-tzu, etc.): $25. All other shedding breeds & medium size dogs (Border Collie, etc.) no more than 45lbs: $35. Pets must not be left unattended in the unit.
NOTE: WE DO NOT ALLOW AGGRESSIVE GUARD DOG BREEDS, SUCH AS DOBERMAN, PITBULL (OR ANY PITBULL MIX), GERMAN SHEPHERD, ETC
PETS ARE NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED TO PREVENT DAMAGES AND PREVENTION OF REPETITIVE BARKING ANXIETY WHICH POTENTIALLY CAN DISTURB OTHER GUESTS AND NEIGHBORS.
IF LEFT UNATTENDED AND YOUR PET IS DISTURBING OR POTENTIALLY DAMAGING THE APARTMENT: WE WILL RETAIN THE RIGHT TO BABYSIT YOUR PET AT ADDITIONAL $25-$50 CHARGE WILL BE BILLED.
PET OWNER'S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CURBING YOUR PET ON THE PROPERTY($25 NON-COMPLIANCE FEE).
Nightly rate is based on two person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $12 per person/ per night fee (this includes toddlers and children). Maximum of 2-4 people total allowed in rental.
HOT TUB USAGE – (Treated with Chlorinated Sanitizer & Spa Shock) The Hot Tub is shared, so please be considerate of other guests who are using by abiding these rules, which we enforce:
- QUIET HOURS between 10PM - 8AM daily (due to Bend's strict neighborhood noise ordinance).
- No children under age 13 allowed without parental supervision. Children under 3 years of age not recommended.
- Please shower before entering hot tub.
- After using, please dispense into tub on half-spoonful of "chlorinating sanitizer" per person (located in plastic container on corner table).
- As this is a shared tub for all guests, please be considerate of usage time to not exceed 30-40 minutes if another guests would like to occupy.
- No glassware or electric appliances are permitted in hot tub area
- No person with known physical problem or medical condition such as high blood pressure, heart disease, or pregnancy should use this tub.
- NO food and or eating allowed while occupying Tub and no littering any type of debris in tub water.
- Please replace hot tub cover after each use.
• IF TRASH/RECYCLING NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT DURING STAY, IT MUST BE PLACED IN CURBSIDE RECEPTACLES ONLY. DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH OUTSIDE ON DECK, FRONT PORCH, ETC.
• NO SMOKING and NO USE OF CANDLES OR FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES in Home and on Premises (including all decks and gardens). If smoking occurs in non-designated areas, all security deposits will be subject to forfeit and owner has authority to evict tenants. (The premises are made entirely of wood, and the gardens are surrounded by wood chips-- thank you for your understanding and compliance.)
• Skis, bikes, and other sporting equipment are not allowed in the house. There is a storage shed in the back yard for all bikes, skis and snowboards (Bike pump available) combination is VEST1. Skis and snowboards can also be stored in main entrance hallway and are not allowed in living areas of vacation rental. Kayaks can be stored by fence in front of Bike Shed.
- No walking inside units with Bike Shoes, Muddy and/or Spiked Hiking Boots, Ski Boots or any Metal Sole Shoes that may scratch or harm floors.
• Unauthorized photo, video shoots, and/or filming for promotional purposes are prohibited without prior approval from homeowner.
• All debris and discards are placed in appropriate receptacles.
• Please fill and run dishwasher with all used dishes before checkout. $25 non-compliance fee will be assessed.
• No moving furniture or appliances.
• Shared parking is limited to two (2) vehicles during the time of your stay. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Additional parking on the road is permitted below NW Saginaw St in city designated open parking. Please, no parking in neighbor’s shared area of open lot! Please drive slowly up the gravel driveway. No RV Parking (without prior written approval).
• Laundry times are from 8am-10pm.
• Management has the right to enter the unit due to in-climate weather, plumbing, electric or any house emergency of any kind to protect the property and guests (i.e.closing windows during rainstorms, wind storms, etc.).
DISCLAIMER – IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAVE IMPAIRMENT WITH MOBILITY, THIS RENTAL MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT DUE TO ITS ATYPICAL ARCHITECTURE (I.E. SMALL WALKWAYS AND VARIOUS STEPS THROUGHOUT) The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Guests and any of their visitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner in any and all events relating to any type of personal injury occurring in and/or around premises of 1936 NW 5th Street, Bend OR.
Indemnification: To the extent permitted by law, Tenant will indemnify and hold homeowner and homeowner’s property, including the premises, free and harmless from any and all liability for loss, claims, injury to or death of any person, including Tenant, or for damage to property arising from Tenant’s use and occupation of the Premises, or from the acts or omissions of any person or persons, including Tenant, in or about the Premises with Tenant’s express or implied consent, except homeowner’s act or negligence. Unless awarded by legal proceedings, homeowner is not responsible for tenant’s legal fees.
We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or evict should Guest not respect or abide by our policies.