About this listing
You will love staying here. Comfy, inviting space with all the gizmos. Across the street from great bars and restaurants. Bus lines are right out front and metro is 5 blocks - easy access to the whole city.
Right in the heart of Mount Pleasant, this beautiful apartment faces south east and gets direct sunshine until mid day. I rebuilt it myself - a lot of love has gone into making this apartment comfortable and beautiful. Long plush couch is perfect for relaxing and watching a movie. Eames chair is the space for reading. The kitchen has everything and is a delight to cook in. Washer / dryer too for extended stay.
Mount Pleasant is a historic district and filled with beautiful homes and is also the heart of the Latin community.
- 3 block radius has a dozen restaurants, a medium size grocery, multiple small bodegas that sell beer and wine, a 7-11, multiple dry cleaners, a liquor store. Everything you need.
- 5 blocks to the Columbia Heights Metro. Metro runs straight downtown to Verizon Center / Gallery Place. National Airport is a straight shot and takes 25 minutes.
- 50 meters to Dupont Circle bus and 2 blocks from the bus that will take you straight to the White House in 10 minutes.
- 2 blocks from Captial Bike Share service.
- 5 zip car locations within a 5 minute walk.
- Plenty of on street parking.
- 4 blocks to zoo
- Rock Creek Park - a federal park that splits the city in two and is closed for bike and pedestrian traffic on the weekends is at the bottom of the hill. You will love this neighborhood.
I rebuilt this apartment myself and would like for guests to treat it as their own place. The couch is easily big enough for a 3rd person but it is not a pull out. Rules for the house include:
- No smoking
- No pets
- No loud parties
- No shoes in the house (there is a shoe rack in the entrance hallway)
About the Host, Jay
I am an intrepid traveler. I grew up overseas and was taught from the very beginning how to be at home when I am not. Dad was a foreign service officer and I was lucky enough to spend most of my early life in Europe and down under. As an adult I lived and traveled through most of Asia and worked for a handful of Fortune 10 companies. I broke free finally and am now focused exclusively on my little company EarPeace - high fidelity hearing protection for live music and nightclubs.
I do 5+ triathlons per year, lots of yoga, I cook everyday and love to take care of my home. I don't own a car - my transportation is a bicycle. I am a big fan of keeping things orderly. I think it's the only way that I have survived owning my own business in the entertainment industry. When you come into my home everything is where it should be and the kitchen is ready to cook a meal. When I am in someone else's home I hope to find it that way and leave it that way. I am a big believer in that when you take care of others they take care of you.