About this listing
Our sun filled nest is located in the most ideal neighborhood in Harvard Square where it is quiet, safe, and close to all the fun. Enjoy an easy access to Harvard University, Charles River, MIT and downtown Boston!
We're situated right between the Charles River and Harvard Law School. It is a short 5-7 minute walk to access the Harvard Square T Station, Harvard Yard, Radcliffe, as well as restaurants and boutique stores in Harvard Square.
The unit occupies the second floor of a classic 1920's all red brick building, complete with ivy covered walls and white marble entranceway. It is a one bed room and one bath with a galley kitchen. The living room is where you will be staying while sharing the kitchen and bathroom areas with us. The view from the large windows look out onto the neighboring gardens and foliage, rather than the main street. To make your travel experience more enjoyable, we've put together a guest package to supply you with your very own toiletries, linens and towels - all you need is your toothbrush.
Before booking your stay:
1. Upload a clear Airbnb profile picture.
2. Read the listing description, house manual and rules.
3. Write a brief description of your schedule during your stay and what brings you to Cambridge.
• FREE STREET PARKING
• Queen Size Airbed
• Internet Wifi
• Desk/Dining Table
• Fresh Linens & Towels
• Hair Dryer
• Two Boston Travel Guides: Time Out Boston & Insight City Guide Boston
• Complimentary Shampoo & Conditioner | Body Soap & Lotion | Floss | Shower Cap | Vanity Kit | Mending Kit | Shoe Polish | Earplugs
• Iron & Steamer
• Coin Operated Washer & Dryer ($1.50/load)
• All Kitchen Equipment & Utensils (Dishwasher | Microwave | Oven | Tea Kettle | Coffee Machine | Pots & Pans | All Essential Utensils | Top of The Line Henckels Professional Knife Set | Masticating Juicer | Martini Shaker -- martini at night and fresh detox juice in the morning ☺)
Interaction with Guests
We both work full time jobs, and allow our guests privacy. The listing includes detailed directions to and from the airport as well as a guidebook filled with our favorite local cafes, bars and restaurants. We are also available to answer questions and give more specific advice as guests request.
One of our favorite things about living here is how accessible everything is to us, we're truly spoiled for this reason alone!
For example, the Harvard campus is a five-minute walk away And in less than seven minutes you can walk to the Harvard Sq. T (subway), a ton of bars & restaurants, coffee shops, boutique shopping, etc. From there you can take a stroll along the famous Charles River or hop on the Red-line and be in downtown Boston in just 20 minutes. Visit our guidebook (included in this listing) for our favorite places to go to!
• T (subway) & Bus Station
• Harvard Square
• Harvard University
• Harvard Law School
• Harvard Divinity School
• Lesley University
• Longy School of Music of Bard College
• Charles River
• Cambridge Common Park with Playground for Kids
• 24 Hour CVS
• 24 Hour Market
• Local Bars, Restaurants, & Shops
• Harvard COOP Bookstore
• Mount Auburn Hospital
For guests interested in driving here, no worries! We have a visitors parking permit which allows you to park on the street in front of the building or close by. (Yes, parking is included!)
There is a bus stop in either direction on Concord Avenue on the same block.
The nearest T is in Harvard Sq which is a seven minute walk away.
Other Things to Note
Our condo is on the second floor in a historic red brick building built in the 1920's for this reason it does not include an elevator. To enter our apartment or the basement for laundry access you have to use the stairs.
1. Please call us when you arrive at the building because the buzzer in the front foyer has been disabled.
2. Please take your shoes off.
3. No smoking in the unit.
4. We're not charging a cleaning fee so please clean up after yourself. Pile the linens in any corner in the living room and leave wet towels hanging in the bathroom to dry.
5. We live in a what we think is the best location in Harvard Square, you have access to everything including libraries, cafes, Harvard, Boston, etc. The ideal guest is someone who appreciates this and uses the apartment to store their belongings while they are out and about, returning to shower and sleep.
About the Host, Azzitta
I became a member of Airbnb in 2009 because I love traveling and hosting.
Alex and I are a laid back, well-traveled, early 30's couple, both Harvard graduates working in bioengineering (Azzitta) and software engineering (Alex) fields.
Our life motto: work hard play hard.