About This Listing
My sun filled nest is located in the most ideal neighborhood in Harvard Square where it is quiet, safe, and close to all the fun. Enjoy an easy access to Harvard University, Charles River, MIT and downtown Boston!
Wall to wall window provides ample day light. There's a lovely view overlooking the backyard filled with trees and two beautiful historic houses.
--- For guests interested in renting the entire unit --- (max 3 people) click on my other listing.
--- For guests interested in sharing the space with me --- (max 1 person) continue reading.
Before booking your stay:
1. Upload a clear Airbnb profile picture
2. Read the listing description, house manual and rules.
3. Write a brief description of your schedule during your stay and what brings you to Cambridge (via Airbnb message)
4. A copy of your drivers license or passport upon arrival (to verify identity).
To make your travel experience more enjoyable, I have put together directions from the airport and a house manual. All you need is your toothbrush and I will supply you with your very own toiletries and towels. See you soon, cheers!
• FREE STREET PARKING
• Comfortable Couch to Sleep on (remove back cushions for extra space)
• Closet Equipped with Hangers (located in the hallway)
• 32” HD LCD with basic TV Channels
• Apple TV with Netflix & Hulu (use your own account)
• Internet Wifi
• Fresh Linens & Towels
• Hair Dryer
• Complimentary Shampoo & Conditioner | Body Soap & Lotion | Floss | Shower Cap | Vanity Kit | Mending Kit | Shoe Polish | Earplugs
• Iron & Steamer
• Coin Operated Washer & Dryer ($1.50/load)
• Dining Table
• All Kitchen Equipment & Utensils (Dishwasher | Microwave | Oven | Tea Kettle | Coffee Machine | Pots & Pans | All Essential Utensils | Top of The Line Henckels Professional Knife Set | Masticating Juicer | Martini Shaker -- martini at night and fresh detox juice in the morning ☺)
• Fridge | Shower Shelf Space
• Two Boston Travel Guides: Time Out Boston & Insight City Guide Boston
Interaction with Guests
If I'm not at home, I'm usually always available on-line and will answer emails within 24hrs. I can also be reached on my cell phone via phone call or text message.
I make a point to answer any questions you may have prior to checking in to ensure a smooth and relaxing check-in experience. I have also done my very best to describe in detail what you should expect but I understand that there may be something unclear (since you're new to the condo) so I'm available to answer your questions during your stay as well.
One of my favorite things about living in my condo is how accessible everything is to me, I'm truly spoiled for this reason alone!
For example, the Harvard campus is a five-minute walk away And in less than seven minutes you can walk to the Harvard Sq. T (subway), the best bars & restaurants, coffee shops, boutique shopping, etc. From there you can take a stroll along the famous Charles River or hop on the Red-line and be in downtown Boston in just 10 min. Visit my guidebook for my favorite places to go to!
• T (subway) & Bus Station
• Harvard Square
• Harvard University
• Charles River
• Cambridge Common Park with Playground for Kids
• 24 Hour Market
• Local Bars, Restaurants, & Shops
• Harvard COOP Bookstore
• Mount Auburn Hospital
For guests interested in driving here, no worries! I have a visitors parking permit which allows you to park on the street in front of the building or close by. (Yes, parking is included!)
There is a bus stop in either direction on Concord Ave that you can walk to in under three minutes.
The nearest T is in Harvard Sq which is a seven minute walk away.
Other Things to Note
My eclectic and charming condo is on the second floor in a historic red brick building. It was built in the 1920's and does not include an elevator. To get into my apartment or the basement for laundry access, use the stairs. Lastly, the unit has been remodeled recently which is hard to find in such a unique historic building and the remodeled kitchen has all the basic essentials for a starting chef.
1. Please call me when you arrive at the building because the buzzer in the front foyer does not work.
2. Please take your shoes off. No shoes or suitcase on the persian rug in the living room.
3. No smoking in the unit.
4. I'm not charging a cleaning fee. Please clean up after yourself. Pile the linens in any corner in the living room and leave wet towels hanging in the bathroom.
5. I'm completing my masters in biotechnology and while I love to socialize I spend the majority of my time dedicated to school, school and some more school. So Please don't be offended if you find me hiding away in my bedroom.
Azzitta was the ideal host; having been my first time to the Boston area, as well as using airbnb. Her apartment is exactly as described; clean, cute and a perfect location for walking to Harvard and exploring Cambridge. She provided and warm welcome and went out of her way to give recommendations to ensure I had an enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend staying with her and I can't wait to visit again!
Azzitta was an extraordinary host.
She was extremely accommodating and pleasant. I arrived on a Monday afternoon and Azzitta was able to meet me and hand me the key right away. She is very personable and warm, while allowing you privacy.
The couch I slept on was comfortable, clean and served its precise purpose, that of allowing me to rest. The location of the apartment is very good - within 5 minutes walk form the main buses/metro and Harvard Square.
This was my first ever experience of sleeping not in a hotel, and I enjoyed it lots!
I had a wonderful stay at Azzitta's apartment. The place is really cozy, beautifully decorated and immaculate. It's fantastically located, within easy reach of great cafes, restaurants, very near Harvard, and the square etc. Azzitta was a very great host - friendly, welcoming and helpful. Thank you so much for this stay !
I stayed for four nights at Azzitta's place and it was such a great time. The place is exactly as shown in the pictures, very clean, and the location is perfect to get around in Cambridge and provides easy access to Boston. The couch is very comfy and I had all the privacy I needed even though the couch is located in the living room. Azzitta is such a great girl, very caring and supporting, also providing good advice on what to do and where to go. We had a great time together and I hope to see her again asap!! I would totally recommend her place and I would definitely come back.
An apartment with charm located close to Harvard square, this is just perfect. Azzitta as a great host. She was so kind and helpful. I enjoyed our chats a lot. Thank you Azzitta for everything! I would be more than happy to come again, if being in Boston one day.
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Azzitta
Public Park with a playground for the kids and large green space for playing sports or laying out in the sun. It also looks beautiful in the winter season!
Fantastic selection of bread and pastries, freshly made on site. Salads and sandwiches are delicious. Coffee is amazing. Honestly, anything and everything on the menu is good!
The best milk hot chocolate I have ever had (well except for the one I had in Columbia)!
24 hour market located right in Harvard Square.
Good ambiance and delicious food.
Great food and delicious drinks. My favorite drink: Battle of Trafalgar (Pimm’s No. 1, St Germain, Batavia-Arrack, Lime Juice, Honey Simple).
This is a college bar, drinks are good and cheap. My personal favorite: Arnie's Army. I don't like the food here however.
Delicious local vegetarian (maybe even vegan) food!
I've only been here for drinks and I love everything about the decoration, it has a NY feel. The bartenders are also great.
You can order food and drinks while watching a live comedy show. I would say the quality of comedians vary but overall it's a fun place to go to.
Great patio ambiance. Make sure to make reservations on weekends as it tends to get busy.
Delicious frozen yogurt shop in a fun location in Harvard Sq. It's easy to miss so keep and eye out for it.
The correct address is not loading up on this map, it is located on 36 JFK Street. I'm not a big Starbucks fan and only think it's worth mentioning because the view of Harvard Sq is simply gorgeous.