Come stay in my wonderful 1BR apartment in the heart of Astoria. This is a true one-bedroom and it is a really large, comfortable apartment. You will be staying here while I am out of town. No roommates, no sharing. I've lived in a bunch of apartments here in Astoria and this is the best one I've seen!
It is on the second floor of an elevator building just 1.5 blocks from the subway (you'll be glad for this after walking around the city all day) and only about 15 minutes from Manhattan. It is located on a quiet side-street just off Broadway and Steinway with wonderful dining, shopping, bars, etc. Laundromat just down the block. If you've never been to Astoria, you're going to love it. Everything you need is right around the corner and Manhattan is just minutes away. Check out the 'Map' tab above and my Guidebook for listings of all my favorite spots in the neighborhood!
Inside, it is fully furnished and nicely decorated. The real hardwood floors and big windows are wonderful. You will feel right at home. Everything is included (water, heat, electricity, gas, high-speed Wifi, clean linens and towels). Between the double bed and the huge comfy sofa, you can sleep three here or have it all to yourself. Some of the highlights are:
- Double bed, one fancy foam pillow (love it!), extra pillows
- A huge desk so you can get work done (complete with an external 24" monitor, mac keyboard, macbook stand, and iPad stand for your use)
- Closet and dresser space
- Window AC
- Large comfy sofa (definitely sleep-able)
- Gorgeous 46" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV/BD player/Mac Mini Home Theatre setup
- Cute expandable dining table with 4 stools
- Ready for you to cook. Lots of cabinet space, and fridge space.
- Gas oven and stove
- Microwave, Toaster Oven, Blender, Electric Tea Kettle
- Detachable shower head with several settings mounted high on the wall for you tall guests
- Large and bright by NYC standards!
You are going to be staying in my apartment which I live in year-round except for my work out of town. I treat my space with a lot of respect and it is important that you do too,
- No smoking
- No pets
- Drawers, cabinets, and areas with my personal stuff will have small pink/red stickers on them. Please do not open or use anything with a red sticker. Other than that, the stuff in the apartment is yours to use and enjoy.
I am a theatrical lighting designer living in New York and working all over the world. I am a very neat and organized person. I am passionate about everything I do and if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it to full. I love good art and good technology. I seek adventure and new friendships. I like being alone, but love sharing experiences with people I am close to. I care deeply about politics and the oppression of the 99%.