About this listing
Please read our details before booking!
Be one with nature when you stay in this charming west side Garden Apartment/dwelling--perfect for couples or a small family looking for a restful, fun & peaceful stay!
(We do not rent to loud, inconsiderate guests & enforce Bend's 10pm neighborhood noise ordinance. Read our house rules before booking)
This whimsical, self-contained private apartment has it's own separate entrance and includes: 1 Small Bedroom with FULL-SIZED IKEA FOAM MATTRESS, Loft w/ FULL-SIZED FUTON Pull-out Couch, unique furniture, a fully-functional kitchenette, newly-remodeled private bathroom (w/claw foot tub & shower), & direct hot tub access. Amenities include: Hot Tub, Free parking, HD TV with cable & movie channels, WiFi, new IKEA full-sized foam mattress & bed frame, European duvets, hair dryer & shared laundry room.
(PLEASE NOTE: Bend can periodically experience heatwaves in the summer months and WE DO NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING. We do provide ample fans and instructions for keeping things cool during high heat. If you are more comfortable in air conditioning or have health issues, please consider staying elsewhere.)
NOTE (also in House Rules): WE DO NOT RENT TO GROUPS COMING TO PARTY OR WHOM ARE HEEDLESSLY LOUD AT NIGHT (MANAGER &/OR OWNER OVERSEES PREMISES). ALL GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO RESPECT BEND CITY NOISE ORDINANCES, OTHER GUESTS & OUR NEIGHBORS. NOISE LEVELS ARE TO BE KEPT TO CONSERVATIVE MODERATION & CONSIDERATE TO OTHER GUESTS FROM 10PM-8AM, INCLUDING HOT TUB. THE AIRBNB MEMBER WHO BOOKS THE RENTAL IS RESPONSIBLE TO EDUCATE OTHERS IN THEIR GROUP ABOUT OUR DESCRIPTION & HOUSE RULES, AS WE ENFORCE OUR POLICIES VIA ON-SITE MANAGER.
THIS UNIQUE SPACE HAS ADJOINING SEPARATE STUDIOS, BUT EACH HAVE THEIR OWN PRIVATE SECURE ENTRY. The house’s walls are not 100% sound proof, so please understand some noises do occur & occasionally from our 4-legged friends.
4 PEOPLE MAXIMUM.
IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAVE IMPAIRMENT WITH MOBILITY, THIS RENTAL MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT DUE TO ITS ATYPICAL ARCHITECTURE (I.E. SMALL WALKWAYS AND VARIOUS STEPS THROUGHOUT)**
WE ARE NOT A BED & BREAKFAST OR A HOTEL.
- Hot Tub & Deck (shared)
- Direct Access to Large Dog Run / Back Yard & Garden (shared)
- Parking (shared)
- Grill (shared)
- 40" Flatscreen HD TV
- DVD Player
- Stereo & Speakers
- Cable Stations with HBO
Kitchenette equipped with:
- Induction Burner
- French Press
- Mini-refrig w/ Freezer
- Microwave Oven
- Cookware & Cooking Utensils
- Dishes, Glasses, Silverware
(City room tax charged for all stays less than 30 days.)
If you have a PET that you want to bring, !!!PLEASE NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL!!!. We allow small to medium friendly, non-destructive dogs with our prior approval before booking (2 pet max). No Cats. FEES: Small non-shedding breeds (Shih-tzu, etc.): $25. All other shedding breeds & medium size dogs (Border Collie, etc.): $35. Pets must not be left unattended in the unit (see House Rules). DUE TO OUR INSURANCE COVERAGE & FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL GUESTS AND NEIGHBORS, WE DO NOT ALLOW AGGRESSIVE GUARD DOG BREEDS, SUCH AS PITBULL (OR ANY PITBULL MIX/STAFFORD TERRIER), DOBERMAN, GERMAN SHEPHERD, BULL MASTIFF, ETC.
For Holiday Weekends, we reserve the right to require 3 night minimum stays.
Regardless of who you are or where you come from, we are more than happy to open our doors to all kind & respectful persons. We do not discriminate with race, gender, sexual orientation & religion.
Shared: Hot Tub, Outdoor Grill, Decks, & Gardens!
Interaction with Guests
Manager/Homeowner oversees property from Garage Studio just behind house.
Located on a residential street in Bend's hip & desirable west side, you're just a 10 min walk to downtown and close to great restaurants, markets, bakeries, and coffee!
Other Things to Note
Treat our home like grandma's. If you are not respectful & friendly, seek other accommodations.
We enforce our House Rules & Pet Policy (See House Rules for Pet Fees, etc.).
Nightly rate is based on two person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $10 per person/ per night fee. Maximum of 2-4 people total allowed in rental. Infants/toddlers are an additional $5/night.
Sorry for the long list. It has been helpfully created by those very few thoughtless guests...
•• CHECK-IN TIME is after 3 P.M.
Upon CHECK-OUT (11 A.M.): Consolidate all your trash/recycling &/or bring to bins at 5th Street, Wash all your dirty dishes, Exterior door(s) & windows closed, Keys placed in envelope leave on kitchen counter
($25 & up non-compliance charge)
THE AIRBNB MEMBER WHO BOOKS THE RENTAL IS RESPONSIBLE TO EDUCATE OTHERS IN THEIR GROUP ABOUT OUR DESCRIPTION & HOUSE RULES, AS WE ENFORCE OUR POLICIES. WE DO NOT ALLOW THIRD PARTY GUESTS TO STAY WITHOUT THE AIRBNB MEMBER PRESENT WHO BOOKED THE RESERVATION.
• No excessive loud music (or musical instrument playing/drumming) or disturbances to neighbors.
Between 10pm-8am (BEND CITY ORDINANCE), keep noise levels to conservative moderation & considerate to other guests. (The house’s walls are not 100% sound proof, so please understand some noises do occur and occasionally from our 4-legged friends.)
• PETS: If you have a PET that you want to bring, PLEASE NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL (via Airbnb's written message correspondence). We evict, if you show up with pet(s) unannounced. PETS: People and other pet-friendly SMALL TO MEDIUM DOGS are welcome. If your dog is aggressive to both animals and people/property, seek other accommodations. We allow small to medium friendly, non-destructive dogs with our prior approval before booking (2 pet max). No Cats.
FEES: Small non-shedding breeds (Shih-tzu, etc.): $25. All other shedding breeds & medium size dogs (Border Collie, etc.) no more than 45lbs: $35. Pets must not be left unattended in the unit. NOTE: WE DO NOT ALLOW AGGRESSIVE GUARD DOG BREEDS, SUCH AS DOBERMAN, PITBULL (OR ANY PIT-BULL MIX), GERMAN SHEPHERD, ETC.
PETS ARE NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED TO PREVENT DAMAGES AND PREVENTION OF REPETITIVE BARKING ANXIETY WHICH POTENTIALLY CAN DISTURB OTHER GUESTS AND NEIGHBORS.
IF LEFT UNATTENDED AND YOUR PET IS DISTURBING OR POTENTIALLY DAMAGING THE APARTMENT: WE WILL RETAIN THE RIGHT TO BABYSIT YOUR PET & AN ADDITIONAL $25-$50 CHARGE WILL BE BILLED.
PET OWNER'S ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CURBING YOUR PET ON THE PROPERTY($25 NON-COMPLIANCE FEE).
Nightly rate is based on two person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $12 per person/ per night fee. Maximum of 2-4 people total allowed in rental. Infants/toddlers are an additional $5/night.
HOT TUB USAGE – The Hot Tub is shared, so please be considerate of other guests who are using by abiding these rules, which we enforce:
- QUIET HOURS between 10PM - 8AM daily (due to Bend's strict neighborhood noise ordinance).
- No children under age 13 allowed without parental supervision. Children under 3 years of age not recommended.
- Please shower before entering hot tub.
- As this is a shared tub for all guests, please be considerate of usage time to not exceed 30-40 minutes if another guests would like to occupy.
- No glassware or electric appliances are permitted in hot tub area
- No person with known physical problem or medical condition such as high blood pressure, heart disease, or pregnancy should use this tub.
- NO food and or eating allowed while occupying Tub and no littering any type of debris in tub water.
- Please replace hot tub cover after each use.
• IF TRASH/RECYCLING NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT DURING STAY, IT MUST BE PLACED IN CURBSIDE RECEPTACLES ONLY. DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH OUTSIDE ON DECK, FRONT PORCH, ETC.
• NO SMOKING and NO USE OF CANDLES OR FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES in Home and on Premises (including all decks and gardens). If smoking occurs in non-designated areas, all security deposits will be subject to forfeit and owner has authority to evict tenants. (The premises are made entirely of wood, and the gardens are surrounded by wood chips-- thank you for your understanding and compliance.)
• Skis, bikes, and other sporting equipment are not allowed in the house. There is a storage shed in the backyard for all bikes, skis combination is VEST1 (Bike pump available). Skis and snowboards can also be stored in main entrance hallway and are not allowed in living areas of vacation rental. Kayaks can be stored by fence in front of Bike Shed.
- No walking inside units with Bike Shoes, Muddy and/or Spiked Hiking Boots, Ski Boots or any Metal Sole Shoes that may scratch or harm floors.
• Unauthorized photo, video shoots, and/or filming for promotional purposes are prohibited without prior approval from homeowner.
• All debris and discards are placed in appropriate receptacles.
• Please fill and run dishwasher with all used dishes before checkout. $25 non-compliance fee will be assessed.
• No moving furniture or appliances.
• Shared parking is limited to one (1) vehicle during the time of your stay. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Additional parking on the road is permitted below Saginaw in city designated open parking. Please, no parking in neighbor’s shared area of open lot! Please drive slowly up the gravel driveway. No RV Parking (without prior written approval).
• Laundry times are from 8am-10pm.
• Management has the right to enter the unit due to in-climate weather, plumbing, electric or any house emergency of any kind to protect the property and guests (i.e.closing windows during rainstorms, wind storms, etc.).
DISCLAIMER – IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAVE IMPAIRMENT WITH MOBILITY, THIS RENTAL MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT DUE TO ITS ATYPICAL ARCHITECTURE (I.E. SMALL WALKWAYS AND VARIOUS STEPS THROUGHOUT) The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Guests and any of their visitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner in any and all events relating to any type of personal injury occurring in and/or around premises of 1936 NW 5th Street, Bend OR.
Indemnification: To the extent permitted by law, Tenant will indemnify and hold homeowner and homeowner’s property, including the premises, free and harmless from any and all liability for loss, claims, injury to or death of any person, including Tenant, or for damage to property arising from Tenant’s use and occupation of the Premises, or from the acts or omissions of any person or persons, including Tenant, in or about the Premises with Tenant’s express or implied consent, except homeowner’s act or negligence. Unless awarded by legal proceedings, homeowner is not responsible for tenant’s legal fees.
We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or evict should Guest not respect or abide by our policies.
Can't wait to come back! Loved this property. The location, living space, backyard was ideal. It was perfect for my husband and I. 5 stars!
Better than expected! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The location is even closer to downtown than we originally thought which made going places really convenient. The decor and personal touches also made it a great relaxing place to spend a night in as well. The hosts were thorough with their information binder which made everything really easy and we took advantage of some of their recommendations. If we are ver back in town, we will definitely look to stay here again.
Our experience at Enchanted Dwellings was amazing and the place was perfect for our two day fishing getaway in Bend! We stayed in the cute Garden Apartment that is perfect for two people. Getting to our destination was a breeze- the directions to the location and how to gain entry were both very clear and easy to follow. The inside of the apartment was very cozy and extremely clean. We also had all of the amenities that we could possibly need. There was a great little kitchenette with added cooking oils and seasonings, a TV, board games, and various bathroom essentials. The decor of the place was also wonderful. It was sort of a mix between a nice cabin and a downtown loft withs lots of hard wood detailing. The neighborhood is a quiet area but just minutes from all of the downtown happenings. Overall this was the perfect place for us to stay in Bend and I would absolutely visit again!
The space is very much as described. It was peaceful and quite and I felt at home with the decor and general feeling of the place. I enjoyed cooking a couple of meals in the kitchen area and ate outside in the garden on a cafe table. The location is perfect for shopping, hiking and getting on major roadways. I'm going to recommend Enchanted Dwellings to my friends!
The Garden Apartment was the perfect place for our 3 night stay, and our first visit to Bend. Wet met Mark a few times and he was great, very friendly and welcoming (especially with our dog, Dave!). The apartment was exactly as in the pictures! The bathroom in particular was very luxurious. It was very hot when we were there so we used the fans provided in the bedroom at night, they did a great job of keeping us cool. We also used the hot tub one evening and enjoyed a bit of sunbathing in the shared garden. The other units were occupied but we didn't hear or see anyone else, it was very private. We walked into Bend each day and found the location very walkable. In fact, we didn't drive at all, which worked out well with our brewery tours! I absolutely recommend Enchanted Dwellings for visitors to Bend.
We truly enjoyed our stay at Enchanted Dwellings. The property is convenient walking distance to many of Downtown Bend's great breweries, restaurants, and activities. The property is definitely as advertised. It's clean and the gentleman who was our host was kind and helpful. We would definitely stay again. We were dissapointed however that when we sent in a date change through Air BnB it was never recognized or accepted. This was done well before the cancelation rule of 7 days. So we were forced to pay for 1 day that we didn't use the space. Not sure if this was an owner or Air BnB issue.
This host has 244 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Enchanted Dwellings
Our vacation rentals combine modern elements with woodsy charm and a touch of old-world Europe! These are playful, one-of-a-kind vacation rentals that most everyone will enjoy.
We currently manage vacation rental properties in Bend, Oregon and southern France. We pride ourselves on creating unique, comfortable spaces that make for memorable visits.