About this listing
This is your chance to stay in one of the oldest authentic historic buildings, in the heart of Inner City Centre Amsterdam, situated on the beautiful and famous Singel canal.
This is your chance to stay in one of the oldest authentic historic buildings, in the heart of Inner City Centre Amsterdam, situated on the beautiful and famous Singel canal(URL HIDDEN)
This beautiful 90m2/970ft apartment, is situated in a 17th century building which is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. The property has a beautiful stepped gable, old doors and large original wooden beams. Through these authentic details, you will feel like you are living in the heart of old historic Amsterdam.
The apartment is very centrally located within walking distance of, and across from Amsterdam Central Station (350 meters). From this central point you can take a train, tram, bus or metro.
Schiphol airport is less then 20 minutes away by train and also the RAI Convention Center is only 30 minutes by metro, which makes this central location the perfect location for both leisure and business travellers.
We are located on the corner of the Singel /Haarlemmerstraat, (voted best shopping street of the Netherlands 2012), with its charming shops and cafes, within walking distance of the city centre main attractions such as the Dam Square, Beurs van Berlage, Madame Tussaud and Jordaan area. Museums, theatres and night-life can all be found on your doorstep.
5-minute walk: Central Station, Lovers boating company, Mac Bike Rental, Car Rental.
10-minute walk: Dam square, Anne Frank House, Beurs van Berlage, Bijenkorf Department store, Mademe Tussaud, The Red light district.
This 'boutique hotel-feel’, quiet Loft apartment, is situated on the 4th & 5th floor and has recently been fully renovated and has been tastefully decorated. The walls are well insulated (so there’s no noise whatsoever from the Café on the 1st floor) and the floors are equipped with oak parquet flooring.
On the ground floor Café Restaurant Kobalt is situated where in the morning you can enjoy your daily breakfast buffet or a good coffee. You can also go there to sample a good glass of wine, a delicious meal, or listen to live Jazz on Sunday afternoon. Kobalt Inn is the perfect starting point for a pleasant evening in the well-known Amsterdam night-life or for an afternoon of shopping. From simple to elegant shops, flea markets to antique shops, they can all be easily reached from here.
This is the perfect location for the city-centre lovers! Staying at the unique location of Kobalt Inn will make your Amsterdam stay an unforgettable experience.
* One masterbedroom with luxurious King-size bed (180x200), clothes rack and adjoining bathroom with bath, separate shower, sink and toilet.
* Upstairs bedroom with 2 single beds clothes rack and adjoining (smaller) bathroom with shower and toilet.
* Vide sleeping area with 2 single beds.
* Living/lounge with fashionable furniture such as a double sofa bed.
* Living/lounge with flatscreen TV and with stunning views over the Singel canal and open kitchen.
* Modern (open) kitchen with microwave/oven, dishwasher, fridge / freezer, gas hob, extractor, Nespresso machine, dining table.
* Separate laundry room with washer/dryer combination.
* Separate toilet.
* Entrance hall with video intercom system.
* Free Wi-Fi.
* Apple TV.
* FREE Netflix so you can watch series and movies without charge.
* Babybed/bad/chair etc. upon request*
Included in the nightly rate is:
City tax, towels, bedlinen, coffee/tea (for the 1st night) & handsoap. Ironing board, iron and hairdryer can also be found in the apartment.
Interaction with guests
Since we feel personal contact is very important we'll meet you upon arrival for the check in (we do not work with a hosting agency). In the odd event we're unavailable (i.e. or out of the country, traveling with Airbnb ;-) then our good friend will assist.
Other things to note
* Please note that in historic buildings in Amsterdam, like at Kobalt-Inn, the staircases are much narrower and steeper than most people are used to. The apartment is situated on the 4th floor and does not have an elevator, though if required "bell-boy service" is available for your suitcases upon request.
* For people travelling with babies/small children please note that a baby high chair (Stokke TrippTrapp) is present as well as baby bed. We would also be happy to recommend an experienced English speaking babysitter if required.
**Kobalt Inn has a strict no smoking policy and we also do not host bachelor(rette) party groups**
Check in at 2:00pm*
Check out at 11:00am*
* If the apartment is not booked before or after the required dates, both check-in and check-out times are flexible.
Should you arrive before the check-in time, you may leave your bags at Cafe Kobalt while you wait for the apartment to be ready.
Daily breakfast buffet can be consumed at Cafe Kobalt at a reduced rate.
In historic buildings in Amsterdam the staircases are steeper than most people are used to. The apartment is situated on the 3rd floor and has no elevator, though if required "bell-boy service" is available for your suitcases upon request.
Included in the nightly rate are towels, linens, coffee/tea (for the 1st night), soap. Ironing board, iron and hairdryer can also be found in the apartment.
This is a non-smoking apartment. A €200 cleaning fee will apply (per apartment) if proof of smoking is found in the apartment.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 281 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello, we are Esther & Jan!
Esther is a business professional, working in the field of sustainability and has lived overseas in countries such as; Aruba, Bonaire, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. Jan is an entrepeneur in the Restaurant & Hospitality industry and has lived in Amsterdam for 25 years. Together we have 2 young kids from 5 and 3 years old. We both share a passion for good food and great wines and love to travel (preferably with AirBNB). Since we feel personal contact is very important we do not work with an hosting agency, but we do everything ourselves. We will be on site to personally meet you upon arrival for your check in and will be available 24/7 during your stay. We enjoy meeting new people and having both worked in the tourism & hospitality industry, we want to ensure you will have a fantastic time in Amsterdam!
So please do not hesitate to contact us with any of your questions or special requests and we'll try to answer them & help you out as soon as possible!
** Please note Kobalt Inn are official Short-stay apartments. This means we pay city and tourist tax, we have permits and and are registered at the Chamber of Commerce. We can only accept more than 2 adults per apartment when they are from the same family or household. We have 2 apartments and per apartment we can accommodate families with up to a maximum of 4 children **