About this listing
Add some urban-style funk to your stay in one of Bend's best neighborhoods. This newly-remodeled studio loft is perfect for a peaceful, fun & romantic getaway. Please read our details in "The Space" and let us know the type of guests you are before booking. (NOT FOR LOUD OR ROWDY PARTY GUESTS)
**Nightly rates do not include: cleaning fee, Airbnb service fee, and city of Bend's 10% room tax.**
This bright, modern funky Studio Loft in a private spacious house is your own "home away from home.” The house has two other private, separately adjoined dwellings. Each, including yours, has its own private living space and amenities (your own kitchenette, living area, bathroom, bedroom loft, etc.) With secure lock & key entry doors. (NOT FOR LOUD OR ROWDY PARTY GUESTS)
The space features its own private & secured:
-FULL-SIZED IKEA FOAM MATTRESS BED IN LOFT, A SLEEPER SOFA below with very comfortable QUEEN-SIZED FOAM PULL-OUT MATTRESS, unique furniture, a fully-functional kitchenette, and a remodeled bathroom with rain shower, heated floors, and walk-in closet with shelves, overlooking Downtown Bend from the Studio’s Private Deck.
Hair Dryer, All Linens, European Duvets, Blankets, Towels, Shampoos, Soaps & Toiletries.
42" Flatscreen 1080 HD TV, HD Cable channels & Movie Channels, DVD Player, High-Fidelity Stereo, 50 MB per second WiFi
Equipped with Toaster, Induction Burner, French Press, Mini-refrigerator w/ Freezer, Microwave Oven, Cookware & Cooking Utensils, Blender, Dishes, Glasses, Silverware & Coffee.
Hot Tub (note: tub adjacent to other dwelling's living room window includes outside privacy screen), Main Portal Front Entryway-lockable from your own private secure doorway, Fenced Back Yard & Beautiful Garden, Outdoor Grill, Parking, Bike Storage Shed (lockable) includes bike pump and repair stand, Laundry Area in Garage--Washer & Dryer with host supplied detergent
-Stairs/steps to loft are steeper & shorter than standard stairwells and slanted ceilings, not recommended for younger children (infants to age 6), tall/big individuals, or people with mobility issues.
-The house's walls are not soundproof, so please understand some noises do occur & occasionally from 4-legged friends. Due to past inconsiderate guests, we have posted signs throughout to remind everyone to be respectful of others & the property.
-If you or anyone in your party have impairment with mobility, this rental might not be a good fit due to its atypical architecture (i.e. small walkways and various steps throughout property).
-Bend can periodically experience summer heatwaves and the rental has NO AIR CONDITIONING. We do provide ample fans and instructions for keeping things cooler.
If any of these characteristics are an issue for you, please consider them before booking.
SUMMARIZED HOUSE RULES: 1-4 GUESTS MAX.
-We do not rent to loud, inconsiderate guests & enforce Bend's 10pm-8am noise ordinance in our quiet neighborhood, including silent outdoor & hot tub usage during these hours. We screen for responsible, respectful renters.
-Do not show up with more guests than indicated on your reservation or a pet unannounced without our prior written permission/approval via Airbnb's messages or you will be subject to eviction.
-Manager &/or owner oversees premises.
-The Airbnb member who books the rental is responsible to educate others in their group about our description & house rules, as we enforce our policies via on-site manager.
-If you have a PET that you want to bring, !!!PLEASE NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL!!! We allow small to medium size (35 lbs or less), friendly, non-destructive dogs with our prior approval before booking (1 pet max). No Cats. FEES: $25. Pet must not be left unattended in the unit (see House Rules). We do not allow aggressive guard dog breeds, such as Pitbull (or any Pitbull mix/Stafford Terrier), Doberman, German Shepherd, Bull Mastiff, etc.
We pursue if incidents/damages occur in accordance with Airbnb's Resolution Center. We screen all guests with kids under 10 y/o as our rentals are not toddler recommended/childproof (no outlet covers, high-end furnishings, due to non-soundproof walls--if your baby is known to frequently cry loudly throughout the night/early morning = not a good fit--quiet babies ok-- etc.).
For Holiday Weekends/Weekdays, we reserve the right to require 3 night minimum stays.
We are not a bed & breakfast or a hotel.
Regardless of who you are or where you come from, we are more than happy to open our doors to all kind & respectful persons. We do not discriminate with race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
Shared: Hot Tub, Grill, Parking, Entry Way, Laundry & Gardens
Interaction with guests
Manager/Homeowner oversees property from Garage Studio just behind house.
Other things to note
Treat our home like your grandma's. If you are not respectful & friendly, seek other accommodations.
Enforced House Rules & Pet Policy (See House Rules for Pet Fees, etc.).
Nightly rate is based on two person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $10 per person/ per night fee. Maximum of 1-4 people total allowed in rental. Infants/toddlers free (1 month to 2 years).
Sorry for the long list, helpfully created by a few thoughtless guests…
•• CHECK-IN at or after 3 PM: Directions & details emailed upon booking.
•• CHECK-OUT by 11 AM: Consolidate all your trash/recycling &/or bring to our outdoor City bins, Wash all your dirty dishes, Exterior door(s) & windows closed, Keys placed in envelope leave on kitchen counter. All debris/dirt placed in appropriate receptacles.
($25 non-compliance charge)
**DO NOT SHOW UP WITH MORE GUESTS THAN INDICATED ON YOUR RESERVATION OR A PET UNANNOUNCED WITHOUT OUR PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION/APPROVAL VIA AIRBNB'S MESSAGES OR YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO EVICTION.**
NOISE POLICY & CITY OF BEND VACATION RENTAL LAW:
• Enforced silent outdoor hours on premises (including: hot tub, decks, walkways, parking area) between 10pm - 8am.
• No excessive loud music (or musical instrument playing/drumming) or disturbances to neighbors.
• Keep noise levels conservative inside your unit between 10pm-8am & be considerate to other guests.
• The house’s walls are not 100% soundproof, so please understand that some noises may occur & occasionally from 4-legged friends. Due to past inconsiderate guests, we also have posted signs throughout to remind everyone to be respectful of others (& the property). If either of these are an issue for you, please seek other accommodation.
• If you have a PET that you want to bring, NOTIFY US BEFORE BOOKING TO OBTAIN APPROVAL (via Airbnb's written message correspondence). We evict if you show up with pet(s) unannounced. People & other pet-friendly SMALL TO MEDIUM DOGS (30LBS MAX, 1 PET MAX) are welcome. We do not allow aggressive dogs toward other animals, people, & property. We allow friendly, well-behaved, non-destructive dogs. No Cats. FEES: $25.
• Pets are not to be left unattended to prevent both damages and repetitive barking anxiety; which can potentially disturb other guests and neighbors (will make exception with written approval of dog’s temperament). If left unattended and your pet is disturbing or potentially damaging the apartment, we will retain the right to enter your rental, babysit your pet & an additional $25 charge will be billed.
• You are responsible for curbing your pet on the property (We provide curb bags by the shed in the back of the garden, $25 non-compliance fee).
• Note: we do not allow aggressive guard dog breeds, such as Doberman, Pit Bull (or any Pit Bull mix), German Shepherd, etc.
NO SMOKING (including electronic pipes, vaping and marijuana):
• The premises are made entirely of wood. NO USE OF CANDLES OR FLAMMABLE SUBSTANCES in Home and on Premises (including all decks and gardens). Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE in our posted designated areas. If smoking occurs in non-designated areas, all security deposits will be subject to forfeit and owner has authority to evict.
HOT TUB RULES:
• Treated with Chlorinated Sanitizer & Spa Shock
• Tub is shared, so please be considerate of other guests who are using by abiding these rules: No children under age 13 allowed without parental supervision. Children under 3 years of age not recommended. Shower before entering hot tub. Please be considerate of usage time to not exceed 30-40 minutes if another guests would like to occupy. No glassware or electric appliances are permitted in hot tub area. No person with known physical problem or medical condition such as high blood pressure, heart disease, or pregnancy should use this tub. No food and or eating allowed while occupying Tub. 10pm-8am: you must be silent when using Tub.
• Kids/Children: This Property (as stated on Airbnb) is not toddler proof with respect to safety. We screen all guests with kids under 12 y/o to prevent damaging our property.
• If trash/recycling needs to be taken out during stay, it must be placed in our outdoor City Bins only. Do not leave any trash outside on deck, front porch, etc. Raw items left out such as fish skin can seriously injure/kill any pets on premises.
• Skis, bikes, and other sporting equipment are not allowed in the house. There is a storage shed in the backyard for all bikes, skis. The combination is VEST1 (Bike pump available). Skis and snowboards can also be stored in main entrance hallway and are not allowed in living areas of vacation rental. Kayaks can be stored by fence in front of Bike Shed. No walking inside units with Bike Shoes, Muddy and/or Spiked Hiking Boots, Ski Boots or any Metal Sole Shoes that may scratch or harm floors.
• Do not place luggage, coolers or any other objects that may cause scratches on our custom wood tables, desks, & slate countertops.
• No moving furniture or appliances.
• Shared parking is limited to (2) vehicles during the time of your stay. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Additional parking on the road is permitted below Saginaw in city designated open parking. Do not park in front of any of our closer neighbor’s homes. Please, also no parking in neighbor’s shared area of open lot. Drive slowly up the gravel driveway. No RV Parking (without prior written approval).
• Laundry times are from 8am-10pm.
• Management has the right to enter the unit due to in-climate weather, plumbing, electric or any house emergency of any kind to protect the property and guests (i.e. closing windows during rainstorms, wind storms, etc.).
• Unauthorized photo, video shoots, and/or filming for promotional purposes are prohibited without prior approval from homeowner.
• The Airbnb member who books is responsible to educate others in their group about our Description & House Rules, as we enforce our policies.
• We do not allow third party guests to stay without the Airbnb member present who booked the reservation.
• Nightly rate based on 2-person occupancy. Additional guests must be disclosed during booking &/or require approval prior to occupancy. Above 2 people, there's a $10 per person/ per night fee (not including city taxes & Airbnb fees). Maximum of 2-4 people total allowed in rental. Infants/toddlers stay free (1 month to 2 years).
DISCLAIMER – IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR PARTY HAVE IMPAIRMENT WITH MOBILITY, THIS RENTAL MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD FIT DUE TO IT’S A-TYPICAL ARCHITECTURE (I.E. SMALL WALKWAYS, STEEP STAIRWELL TO LOFT, ANGLED CEILINGS, VARIOUS STEPS THROUGHOUT) The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises. Guests and any of their visitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the homeowner in any and all events relating to any type of personal injury occurring in and/or around premises.
Indemnification: To the extent permitted by law, Tenant will indemnify and hold homeowner and homeowner’s property, including the premises, free and harmless from any and all liability for loss, claims, injury to or death of any person, including Tenant, or for damage to property arising from Tenant’s use and occupation of the Premises, or from the acts or omissions of any person or persons, including Tenant, in or about the Premises with Tenant’s express or implied consent, except homeowner’s act or negligence. Unless awarded by legal proceedings, homeowner is not responsible for tenant’s legal fees. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation or evict should Guest not respect or abide by our policies.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 419 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Best friends for over 20 years, both Alex & Steve have worked together in marketing/tourism, as well as traveled and lived in Europe. Two friendly, respectful guys who appreciate life's adventures & the road less traveled.
They have successfully managed vacation rental properties in Bend, Oregon, Czech Rep., & France since 2005, priding themselves on creating unique, comfortable dwellings that make for memorable visits.
Their unique rentals combine modern elements with woodsy charm and a touch of old-world Europe. These are playful, fun, one-of-a-kind spaces that most everyone will enjoy!