Welcome to Melbourne!
Please contact me to inquire about availability before making a booking. I aim to always keep my calendar up to date, but it's nice to hear from potential guests before they book their stay :)
Please contact me if you are interested in longer-term stays. I can offer fantastic deals for guests staying longer term, particularly if your stay coincides well with a vacancy in my calendar!
Unbeatable travel times to all the big events:
* AFL/Cricket: 4 minutes by train to the MCG (30 minutes walk)
* Tennis: 4 minutes by train to the Australian Open (30 minutes walk)
* Grand Prix: 12 minutes by tram to Albert Park
* City centre: 5-10 minutes to any train station in the city centre!
Spend less time travelling and more time experiencing everything Melbourne has to offer!
This beautiful, spacious, light-filled apartment is located on the covetable corner of Toorak Rd and Chapel St. 2 minutes walk to trains and trams that will take you absolutely anywhere you need to go in Melbourne – and beyond.
Check out my guestbook guide for a selection of places to eat, shop and see in the area.
This apartment accommodates 2 people and has everything you need to guarantee a memorable stay in Melbourne. The space comes complete with:
- Separate bedroom with built in wardrobes (stocked with plenty of hangers).
- Open plan, stunningly furnished living area with a Sony flat screen TV and stereo^.
- Great kitchen fully stocked with everything you need to whip up fantastic meals (gas stove and electric oven).
- Dining area with seating for four.
- Sparkling separate bathroom with a Miele washing machine/dryer.
- Study with desk and bookshelf.
- All electrical appliances, linen, towels, cleaning products, crockery, cutlery and everything required in the kitchen.
In spite of its central location, this apartment is very quiet, being set back from the lively bustle of Toorak Rd. The neighbours are lovely and very good at keeping noise down. Perfect for professionals who demand a peaceful night's sleep.
The flat itself doesn't have a parking space, but you can often find free short term parking (1-2 hours during the day or overnight after ~6pm) in the side streets around the flat. If you have trouble tracking down a space on the street, there are also a couple of paid car parks just a few steps away - just do a search for "parking in South Yarra".
Stay in this apartment and you'll have all these conveniences at your doorstep:
- Chapel St shopping and nightlife - a true cultural hub
- South Yarra railway station 250m away
- Melbourne CBD - 5 minutes by train from South Yarra Station
- 2 supermarkets within 5 minutes' walk
- Restaurants serving cuisines from Europe, Asia, the Mediterranean, the Americas and Australia
- numerous cafes (all serving the delicious coffee Melbourne is renowned for)
- 2 gyms within walking distance
- The Royal Botanical Gardens - 10 minutes away by tram or a 20 minute walk along the scenic Yarra riverside
- Melbourne Bike Share station 10 minutes by tram - Grab a $5 helmet, jump on a bike for just a few dollars and travel wherever your heart takes you
- 2 cinemas: Jam Factory & Cinema Como
Conditions of your stay:
- $200 bond required to cover any damages to the fixtures and fittings. Returned by AirB&B 48 hours after vacating. ($400 for longer stays)
- All utilities included in price (water, power, gas, ADSL2+ internet (Wi-Fi enabled))*
- No smoking inside
- No pets
- No extra guests to stay overnight
- Check in after 1pm; Check out by 10am - Check in and check-out times are negotiable by prior arrangement.
I live in Melbourne and am happy to answer any questions or help with anything you might need during your stay :) Fluent in German, French and Russian for international guests!
^ PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, I don't have free-to-air TV connected, but if you've got a Mac or a computer with an HDMI port, there's a cable to hook it up. The internet is really fast so you shouldn't have any trouble streaming or downloading something to watch.
* PLEASE NOTE: I do not have a telephone land line, however you can call anyone with just a few clicks and the requisite software via the internet connection.
† Please BYO: Clothes, food, toiletries, computer with Wi-Fi capability.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$617 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2335 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
I stayed at Unbeatable Value in the heart of the city while I was in Melbourne for work!
Great value, Clean and the location was great! Everything was close
I would highly recommend Masha and her unit.
Thank you Masha
I had a pleasant stay at Masha's apartment. Everything was clean and ready for my week-long visit, including linens, towels, cookware, dishes, and cleaning supplies. Masha is a great host and communication was clear and prompt - no problems whatsoever. Thanks again!
My parents stayed in this apartment in Jan/Feb this year and had a great time. It is brilliantly located, easy walk to supermarket, cafes, train station etc. but is quiet and very secure. Melbourne laid on a heat wave, and as mentioned in some other reviews the apartment does not have air con. Masha had advised of that during the booking, and she also got in touch in advance of the very hot weather to check my folks were ok, which was much appreciated. Masha was an excellent host, she confirmed everything very quickly and was very friendly. She made booking and checking into the apartment very easy and the apartment was exactly as described and represents very good value. South Yarra is a nice place to stay, lively and yet with parks, the botanical gardens and the river nearby. Access to the city by train/tram is easy and there are plenty of places to eat, drink and people watch. I would recommend Masha and this apartment to anyone looking to stay in a great part of Melbourne.
My fiancee and I enjoyed our stay at this property. Fantastic location and the owner was very organised/easy to work with.
Some things to know before you arrive; there is no microwave or air conditioning but the windows do open and have fly-wire.
Perfect location and completely functional. Spacious, light filled and quiet. The pictures and description were accurate and all of the systems ( key collection, codes etc ) were effective and simple to use. We did not meet or need to speak to Masha as for us everything worked a treat. A Melbourne heatwave may test some people as cooling is by fans only.
Great apartment in a great location served by excellent public transport. Spacious and light filled, the apartment is neat and tidy with excellent facilities. Located in the hustle and bustle of busy Chapel St and Toorak Rd, external noise was minimal and sleep uninterrupted. Will definitely stay here again.
Masha's flat was great. The location is superb: we took advantage of the cinema across the road, the nearby shops, restaurants and market, and the trams and trains. We also walked to St. Kilda, to the Botanic gardens, etc. The flat was clean, comfortable and quiet. Masha had thoughtfully left all those things that it is just annoying to have to buy for a short stay: washing liquid, toilet paper, cooking oil, salt and pepper, etc. Masha was a perfect host and responsive to our queries. We would definitely stay here again!
This is a little gem of a unit in South Yarra. Spotlessly clean, bright, airy and spacious and surprisingly warm. We stayed for a week in mid June and barely needed the heater on.
The kitchen is well stocked with utensils and the leather lounge was very comfortable. As was the bed - we slept beautifully every night and that can be so hit & miss when on holidays. I appreciated the wall of built in robes in the bedroom ( complete with loads of hangers ). It's great to unpack, hang up your clothes and feel like you're home. There is a study "nook" off the bedroom which is perfect for dumping luggage out of the way or hanging clothes to air or dry.
The unit faces into a side lane which gives it privacy but also a shelter from Chapel Street noise. Once inside you'd never know you were on a busy retail strip. And not a sound heard from other units in the building either.
We had a hire car which we expected might be a hassle to park. But observing the signs we were able to park (at no cost) either directly in front or 30 metres away in the side street from about 5pm till up to 10am next morning. We would then go off in the car for the day. On occasions where we were spending the day on public transport the car could be left in paid multistory car parks nearby.
Everything about this unit was easy from go to whoa.
Love the touch of large umbrellas supplied! Is there ever a time in Melbourne when you're not going to need one? Thanks Masha, we will indeed be back.
Tell others in the Airbnb community about your stay.
Masha's flat was great. Excellent location. South Yarra and surrounding suburbs are great places to shop, eat and explore. A quick tram or train ride to the CBD. Apartment has everything you need and was very livable and comfortable. Great layout. Would definitely stay there again.