Welcome to Melbourne!
Please contact me to inquire about availability before making a booking. I aim to always keep my calendar up to date, but it's nice to hear from potential guests before they book their stay :)
Please contact me if you are interested in longer-term stays. I can offer fantastic deals for guests staying longer term, particularly if your stay coincides well with a vacancy in my calendar!
Unbeatable travel times to all the big events:
* AFL/Cricket: 4 minutes by train to the MCG (30 minutes walk)
* Tennis: 4 minutes by train to the Australian Open (30 minutes walk)
* Grand Prix: 12 minutes by tram to Albert Park
* City centre: 5-10 minutes to any train station in the city centre!
Spend less time travelling and more time experiencing everything Melbourne has to offer!
This beautiful, spacious, light-filled apartment is located on the covetable corner of Toorak Rd and Chapel St. 2 minutes walk to trains and trams that will take you absolutely anywhere you need to go in Melbourne – and beyond.
Check out my guestbook guide for a selection of places to eat, shop and see in the area.
This apartment accommodates 2 people and has everything you need to guarantee a memorable stay in Melbourne. The space comes complete with:
- Separate bedroom with built in wardrobes (stocked with plenty of hangers).
- Open plan, stunningly furnished living area with a Sony flat screen TV and stereo^.
- Great kitchen fully stocked with everything you need to whip up fantastic meals (gas stove and electric oven).
- Dining area with seating for four.
- Sparkling separate bathroom with a Miele washing machine/dryer.
- Study with desk and bookshelf.
- All electrical appliances, linen, towels, cleaning products, crockery, cutlery and everything required in the kitchen.
In spite of its central location, this apartment is very quiet, being set back from the lively bustle of Toorak Rd. The neighbours are lovely and very good at keeping noise down. Perfect for professionals who demand a peaceful night's sleep.
The flat itself doesn't have a parking space, but you can often find free short term parking (1-2 hours during the day or overnight after ~6pm) in the side streets around the flat. If you have trouble tracking down a space on the street, there are also a couple of paid car parks just a few steps away - just do a search for "parking in South Yarra".
Stay in this apartment and you'll have all these conveniences at your doorstep:
- Chapel St shopping and nightlife - a true cultural hub
- South Yarra railway station 250m away
- Melbourne CBD - 5 minutes by train from South Yarra Station
- 2 supermarkets within 5 minutes' walk
- Restaurants serving cuisines from Europe, Asia, the Mediterranean, the Americas and Australia
- numerous cafes (all serving the delicious coffee Melbourne is renowned for)
- 2 gyms within walking distance
- The Royal Botanical Gardens - 10 minutes away by tram or a 20 minute walk along the scenic Yarra riverside
- Melbourne Bike Share station 10 minutes by tram - Grab a $5 helmet, jump on a bike for just a few dollars and travel wherever your heart takes you
- 2 cinemas: Jam Factory & Cinema Como
Conditions of your stay:
- $200 bond required to cover any damages to the fixtures and fittings. Returned by AirB&B 48 hours after vacating. ($400 for longer stays)
- All utilities included in price (water, power, gas, ADSL2+ internet (Wi-Fi enabled))*
- No smoking inside
- No pets
- No extra guests to stay overnight
- Check in after 1pm; Check out by 10am - Check in and check-out times are negotiable by prior arrangement.
I live in Melbourne and am happy to answer any questions or help with anything you might need during your stay :) Fluent in German, French and Russian for international guests!
^ PLEASE NOTE: At the moment, I don't have free-to-air TV connected, but if you've got a Mac or a computer with an HDMI port, there's a cable to hook it up. The internet is really fast so you shouldn't have any trouble streaming or downloading something to watch.
* PLEASE NOTE: I do not have a telephone land line, however you can call anyone with just a few clicks and the requisite software via the internet connection.
† Please BYO: Clothes, food, toiletries, computer with Wi-Fi capability.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$634 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2403 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
The flat was exactly as shown in the listing though the previous guests had left some damage that the host, Masha, hadn't been aware of. But once I notified her of it, she quickly came to try and make things right. In any case the damage did not affect my stay.
The flat is in a fantastic location being close to shops, markets, the Yarra river and local train station.
If there are any minuses, it is that being on the top floor, the flat becomes hot on the rare (for Melbourne) very hot days and there is no air conditioner.
I stayed at Unbeatable Value in the heart of the city while I was in Melbourne for work!
Great value, Clean and the location was great! Everything was close
I would highly recommend Masha and her unit.
Thank you Masha
I had a pleasant stay at Masha's apartment. Everything was clean and ready for my week-long visit, including linens, towels, cookware, dishes, and cleaning supplies. Masha is a great host and communication was clear and prompt - no problems whatsoever. Thanks again!
My parents stayed in this apartment in Jan/Feb this year and had a great time. It is brilliantly located, easy walk to supermarket, cafes, train station etc. but is quiet and very secure. Melbourne laid on a heat wave, and as mentioned in some other reviews the apartment does not have air con. Masha had advised of that during the booking, and she also got in touch in advance of the very hot weather to check my folks were ok, which was much appreciated. Masha was an excellent host, she confirmed everything very quickly and was very friendly. She made booking and checking into the apartment very easy and the apartment was exactly as described and represents very good value. South Yarra is a nice place to stay, lively and yet with parks, the botanical gardens and the river nearby. Access to the city by train/tram is easy and there are plenty of places to eat, drink and people watch. I would recommend Masha and this apartment to anyone looking to stay in a great part of Melbourne.
Apartment is in an amazing location - hop, skip and a jump to the train station, tram stop, restaurants and shopping on your doorstep. The apartment is really comfortable, clean and modern and feels like a proper home! Masha is a great host - very easily contactable and communicative which made me feel secure booking with her. Would definitely stay here again!
We enjoyed our stay in this very well located appartment. It was very quiet and comfortable with plenty of room for a couple. We will stay there again when in Melbourne
I needed a place to stay in Melbourne and was referred to Masha by very good friends who I trust implicitly. Masha was a wonderful host. It was wonderful to be able to cook meals for myself after weeks of travel food. The place was very clean, spacious, bright and modern. It was a great respite to have so much space all to myself. The location couldn't be better for shopping contemporary fashion and exploring some of Melbourne's fine restaurants and night spots. I highly recommend "The Drug Store" for a great coffee. Go out the door of Masha's place to the left and you'll see it on your left in the middle of the next block.
I also found it very easy to get to the center of downtown from Masha's place on the train (two easy stops to Flinders Station) and to cool nearby neighborhoods like Richmond (Pho capitol of Oz!) and Fitzroy (great vintage shopping) by hopping on the trams on Chapel St.
Our week at Masha's lovely place in Melbourne was a delight ! We found Masha to be the perfect host - ready to help us in any way and very generous and kind. The apartment is perfectly situated in South Yarra with the train station just a few minutes walk away and Collins Street around the corner. There is even a Palace art cinema across the street! Some of the best restaurants of Melbourne are just a block away and the chic shopping on Collins was indeed tempting! It was great to be able to come home after a long day and know it would be completely quiet and calm - one hears absolutely nothing from the busy street as the flat faces towards the inside . In short, we would recommend this particular apartment to anyone and would return tomorrow if we could. Thank you Masha for everything!
My fiancee and I enjoyed our stay at this property. Fantastic location and the owner was very organised/easy to work with.
Some things to know before you arrive; there is no microwave or air conditioning but the windows do open and have fly-wire.
Perfect location and completely functional. Spacious, light filled and quiet. The pictures and description were accurate and all of the systems ( key collection, codes etc ) were effective and simple to use. We did not meet or need to speak to Masha as for us everything worked a treat. A Melbourne heatwave may test some people as cooling is by fans only.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.