Garden apt with private patio
Recently remodeled - 2012- studio apartment with private entrance and lovely garden patio located in a 200 yr-old stone house near Gordola's city center that will take you back in time. Enjoy the newly installed Turkish bath and therapy shower. Studio kitchen has microwave, coffee pot, sink, 2-burner stovetop, and refrigerator. Also solar energie . Surrounded by cobblestone streets and stone houses. Relax in your private garden patio or courtyard area covered by vineyards (in season). Near Lago Maggiore and the surrounding mountains. Minutes away from downtown Gordola,/Locarno Switzerland, includes one free private parking spot. Walk to restaurants, shopping and public transport to Locarno or take the ferry boat across to Brissago Islands. Rosemarie, your owner/host lives next door and has been in the area for over 20 years. Cannobio, Italy is short 20 min drive, with a beautiful harbor, shops and outdoor Sunday market. Just 15 min away is Lavertezzo with its waterfall, and double arch Roman Bridge at Ponte dei Salti. A truly unforgetable experience.
Some local info:
* CARDADA-LOCARNO 1700 ** winter skiing
* Madonna del Sasso sanctuary in Orselina above the city of Locarno
* Locarno Film Festival
* Bellizona CASTEL, a UNESCO-listed protected site
* Horseback riding on 3 Borroneo Islands
* Stresa, Italy; Isola Bella, Isola dei Pescatori, Isola Madre
Wir danken der liebenswerten Rosemarie herzlich für ihre Gastfreundschaft. Sie ist eine äusserst liebenswerte Person, die mit Herzblut einen tollen Job macht. Wir gratulieren. Das Gartenapartement ist liebevoll eingerichtet und peinlich sauber in allen Bereichen. Gerne werden wir zu ihr in den Tessin zurückkehren.
Ruth und Hugo
Rosemarie é uma das pessoas mais generosas e queridas que já conhecemos e o seu lugar é realmente um sonho. Fantástico!
Vielen Dank Rosemarie!
Ein wunderbares Quartier an einem wunderschönen Ort. Nicht direkt im Trubel von Locarno, dennoch zentral gelegen (mit dem Fahrrad 10min nach Locarno). Rosemarie ist eine tolle Gastgeberin und hat uns z.B. mit dem nötigsten fürs erstes Frühstück versorgt. Die kleine Wohnung hat alles was man braucht. Man ist ungestört, hat einen Sonnenplatz zum Frühstücken; doch wenn man etwas benötigt wohnt Rosemarie im Nachbarhaus.
Wir würden gerne wieder einmal ein paar Tage bei Rosemarie verbringen.
Rosemarie ist eine sehr herzliche Gastgeberin. Wir haben uns in ihrem schönen Apartment sehr wohl gefühlt. Alles war sauber und geschmacksvoll eingerichtet. Sehr empfehlenswert!
War alles bestens! Rosemarie ist eine wahre Perle. Dank ihr fanden wir die gemütlichen Orte am See.
The reservation was canceled 47 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The Studio Apartment is located in a peaceful area. It is nicely finished with a zen feel to it. Our host Rosemarie gave us excellent hospitality. We highly recommend this place to anyone in need of a quiet break away from the stressful daily routine!
HIGHLY recommend this apartment! Rosemarie was an exceptional host and we couldn't have been more pleased with our stay and the accommodations. Rosemarie's apartment was absolutely adorable, spotlessly clean and beautifully appointed with more than everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. It was an impressively renovated modern flat that still maintained the original character of its medieval heritage (a real "renovation inspiration"). The location was phenomenal - not only did the apartment have an incredible view (you could even see Lago Maggiore in the distance), it was 5min from the awe-inspiring Valle Verzasca dam where a scene from Goldeneye was filmed, 10min from a 1300 yr old bridge, 15min from the picturesque town of Ascona, 20min from the UNESCO world heritage castles of Bellinzona...the list goes on! Our only complaint was that our trip was too short! We were only there 2 nights to attend the wedding of a close friend, so we unfortunately didn't get to spend much time at the apartment, but had we had more time we would've loved to have stayed there much longer! Looking forward to returning someday hopefully soon!
The appartment is one room with a large bed, a fireplace (!), flat tv, small wardrobe, small table open to the kitchen. The bathroom is rather large (for a one room apt) with the best shower I've ever experienced. It is very quiet and has a very nice patio. In the unlikely case you need to walk from the train station, it is reachable in 6-7 min walk.
!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!
Our stay at the garden apt was amazing - this was the cutest appartment I ever rented on airbnb and Rosemarie the best host I ever experienced. Since I can say so much good things about it, I try to give you an idea by just highlighting some points:
- Since Rosemarie had time, she picked us up at the train station (and showed us around on the way back to the appartment...)
- The appartment was more than clean...it was all new.
- Coffeemachine and coffee included (and ready to use)
- fresh milk in the frigde, btw next to the fresh jam and the fresh butter (which was stamped out in the shape of little hearts), not to forget the fresh bread she bought for us in the bakery...
- there was also tea, fruit juice, fruits...and since my girlfriend was not so well when we arrived, she made her a ginger tea and brought it over
- the shower is brand new, with inbuilt lights and a radio...you will never get out there again
- little samples of high quality bath products (weleda) to not make you worry about the shower gel or the moisturiser you forgot to take with you...
- once we got lost in the night looking for a restaurant (happens to the best...). After calling her asking for the way she insisted to come and pick us up and drove us to the place...
- next day we asked the easiest way to get to Valle Verzasca, which turned out to be again in her car with Rosemarie driving us there (and there was no way talking her out of it...)
- you could pluck grapes directly outside of your flat
...and so on...btw we only stayed two nights and there would be more to tell...
I can only agree with the previous comments. We spent a wonderful late summer weekend in Rosemarie's beautiful apartment. She's the sweetest host and the nicely decorated cottage is the perfect getaway. It is very quiet, yet so close to Locarno and Ascona and definitely worth a visit!