About This Listing
This large, open Loft/Studio space is a perfect setting for small to mid-sized film, commercial or photo shoot productions. Gets great light all day long. A freight elevator makes it easy to get equipment in/out. Cozy, easy shift to apartment mode.
** THS SPACE IS AVAILABLE FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES - PHOTO SHOOTS, VIDEO PRODUCTIONS, AND MEETINGS/EVENTS ONLY. **
This huge, open-style loft space has 6 huge windows facing East, with New York City views (including the Empire State Building).
* Extremely safe (24-hr doorman building + great neighbors)
* 5 minutes from Manhattan by train (2 stops) or car (Holland Tunnel)
* High-speed wireless Internet
* 1,500 square feet
* Waterfront area, with access to shops, restaurants, movie theaters and a Boardwalk that looks on Word Trade Center, Empire State Building and the full NYC skyline
* Plenty of closet space (4 closets + drawer chest)
* Full 2-level gym on same floor
* Laundry room on same floor
* Roof deck with amazing views of the city
* 1 Bathroom with Queen-Sized Bed + a second Queen-Sized mattress, that can go on the floor or on top of the futon/couch
* Fully stocked, open kitchen, with large refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave (great for cooking)
* Over 50 close-by restaurants, bars and attractions within walking distance, many of which are open late night
* Food delivery services available for breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering for special events
* Easy access to NYC subway and NJ PATH transit systems (3 minute, 2 block walk to train/subway);
*** be in midtown New York within 20 minutes
*** be in World Trade Center area in 10 minutes
* Kid Friendly building
* Pet Friendly building
* NO Parties or outside guests past 11pm; noise level (music, loud talking, etc) should be kept in check by 10pm.
Hosts live in the same building, so we're on hand to provide guidance on local restaurants, shops and special attractions.
Paid parking ($10/day) is available right across the street, as well as free street parking.
- Fabulous 15,000+ square foot roof deck
- 2-level, all-purpose gym with entrance on the same floor
- Laundry room
Interaction with Guests
- Lease holder is onsite virtually all of the time; interaction can be as frequent as needed to ensure a smooth stay
Everything is accessible in this city, from a diverse array of restaurants, bars, grocery stores, parks, salons and many forms of entertainment.
The trains to New York City and other parts of New Jersey are walkable within 5 min. It's honestly better than living in New York (I did for 7 years!)
Farmer's Markets on Mon & Thu in Grove Square in front of the PATH Train station, gives access to fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as hot cooked meals on the spot.
Very convenient. 2 block, 5 min or less walk to PATH Train station (Grove Street) which goes to:
- World Trade Center (WTC) in 2 stops (7 min)
* Tribeca shops & restaurants
* WTC 9/11 Memorial
* 121 Fulton Street (Sports bar)
* Tribeca Grill
- West Village in 2 stops (12 min)
* Many, many amazing restaurants and shops
* NYU campus
- Union Square in 4 stops (15 min)
* The Coffee Shop
* Max & Brenner (Chocolate Bar)
* W Hotel
- Madison Park in 5 stops (17 min)
- 33rd Street in 5 stops (18 min)
* Macys (Herald Square, Largest store in world)
* Bryant Park
* Penn Station
* Madison Square Garden
* Ravagh (Persian Grille)
* Korea Town (Shilla Restaurant)
* Manhattan Mall
PARKING Available on and near premises. Ask for details.
Other Things to Note
We have several properties available in the same neighborhood, so if you have a larger group or want to view other options, let us know!
* Leave it how you found it.
* No loud music or gatherings, especially after 10pm (including weekends); also, respect the neighbors and talk quietly when in the hallways - as loud sounds do go through the walls and doors.
* If you're planning to have visitors beyond the core group that is registered with building security, let your hosts know in advance.
* We recycle (separate trash cans are provided); the trash room is right across from the gym on the same floor.
* Please clear the fridge and freezer upon departure.
* No overnight stays - this is a production, business rental space only, and overnight guests are not allowed.
* Have a great time!
Huge rooftop deck (15,000 sq ft) with NYC skyline views, yoga classes, lounge chairs and hammocks (shared space)
Arman and the space were great! We shot a film in the studio, had plenty of resources and space to work with. It's a quiet environment, large, and easy to work in. We had a great experience, and we'll definitely be back.
The reservation was canceled 60 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 30 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Very nice and large place. Perfect for large group. It is located 2 min off the path train, very convenient 10 or 15 minute ride to NYC.
It s the perfect alternative to small NY apt.
I recommend it.
We had a great stay! The location is very convenient and the loft so spacious!
We had a wonderful one week's stay at Safia and Armans place. The apartment is hughe, but also cosy - and you have everything you need here for your stay: the building also has a doorman, gym and laundry room. A three-minute-walk takes you to the train station, and from there you are in Manhattan within 5 minutes! We will definitely recommend Safia and Armans place to our friends back in Norway. What a great place!!!
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Arman
I live and work at a marketing agency in Jersey City, NJ.
I am a lifetime New Yorker (born and raised), who has lived in every neighborhood in and around the city, from Park Slope, to the Upper West Side, to Upper East Side to Long Island City to (now) Jersey City. I am a serial Entrepreneur, who has started four companies, sold one and currently juggling several fairly innovative ventures.
Grove Street (Waterfront), Jersey City is an amazing neighborhood - safe, lively, hip and close to NYC for a comfortable work commute.
I write's a blog - called March Fourth Blog - which is all about his philosophy of being positive and determined, regardless of what challenges life brings; with all the changes that we're facing, the tagline of "Innovation, Illumination and Inspiration in the modern world" speaks to what drives him.
Traveling is an eye and mind-opening experience, and typically stimulates some of my best ideas. I write and read a lot while traveling, but also try to put down the accessories and just soak in new cultures, people and places through just "being there".