This classic private Bohemian cabin is located on the river with river/beach access, sleeps 8-10 adults very comfortably, ideal for families or multi-families. Located close to wineries, Guerneville, Summer Home Park, Forestville, and many other attractions.
*Outdoor Shower (1 of three showers)
*Large Deck with river views
*Fireplace (wood-burning stove insert)
*Charcoal and Gas BBQ
*Full Kitchen (no dishwasher)
*Two separate sleep shacks
*Access to a canoe
Please note there is three flights of stairs from the road to the cabin. It is rustic with no central heating or air conditioning.
Holiday weekends (4th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day are only available for weekly rentals. All other dates have the three night minimum.
What to Bring:
-Cooler for beach
-Mosquito spray and Citronella Candles
-Life Jackets (if needed)
-Food (we have a kitchen with pots, pans, plates, glasses and utensils. We also have a charcoal grill and gas grill. (charcoal not provided).
-Tin foil, plastic baggies- if want to pack food for beach/picnic
-Toiletries (soap and shampoo)
-Coffee (we have a coffeemaker with built in filter)
-Sleeping bags. There are blankets but it can get chilly at night.
-Firewood if you desire a fire.
We will supply:
-The bed linens and pillows
-One towel each (just for use for showering)
-Dish and hand soap
-Several rolls of toilet paper for each bathroom (in main closest)
-Several rolls of paper towels
-Cleaning supplies if needed
. General Restrictions: Guest agrees not to: (a) use the premises for unlawful activities, including but not limited to criminal or drug-related criminal activities; (b) engage in or permit unlawful activities in or on the premises; (c) make or permit noises or acts that will disturb the rights or comfort of neighbors; (d) violate any city ordinance, state or federal laws in or about said premises; and (e) use any utility in a wasteful or unreasonable or hazardous manner.
1. Due to extreme fire hazards, smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest/Rental party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in or on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests, or others whom they invite to use the premise, are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good/clean order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval, and the attached Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Parking on the road is permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing, and any applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood-burning insert. Fireplaces are to be full extinguished prior to departure from the home, with no exceptions.
10. Septic: The cabin is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $5000.00.
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. River roads can be curvy and narrow. We highly recommend driving with extreme caution.
Recreational Facilities/Amenities –Terms and Condition of Use
1) Cabin Usage – Due to the age of the property, it is important to note some of the potentially dangerous conditions and express limitations on the use of certain facilities/amenities:
a. Redwood Deck – Due to the age and condition of the deck, no more than 10 people should be allowed on the deck at one time. NO jumping, dancing, or rude behavior is permitted on the deck at any time and is strictly prohibited.
b. Windows – Some of the bedrooms do not have glass windows, and those with glass windows may have come loose and may not be 100% secure. No persons or children should be allowed to walk on the window benches in the living room.
c. Canoe – All persons who use the canoe should be able to swim. No life jackets will be provided, and there is a maximum allowance of 4 persons in the canoe. Sitting on the wooden cross bar/support is strictly prohibited. Riders of the canoe under the age of 18 years must be with a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18.
2) Limitation of use and responsibility for loss or damage - Guest agrees that only the persons signing or otherwise identified in this agreement (Guest’s Related Parties) will operate the canoe and use the cabin and surrounding premises. Riders of the canoe under the age of 18 years must be with a parent or legal guardian over the age of 18. Should any undersigned person, any minor child under Guest’s control or any other person with permission of any undersigned operate any above referenced facilities/amenities or equipment in such a manner or fail to exercise adequate care of the same so as to result in theft, loss of or damage to such equipment or premises, Guest agrees to be personally liable and financially responsible for all loss of and damage caused. GUEST AGREES TO PAY FOR ALL SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Guest also agrees to pay for the loss of use equipment covered by this agreement damaged by Guest or other others in Guest’s Related Parties, at the rate of $100.00 per day from the date of damage until repaired and replaced in rental service, not to exceed 14 days.
3) Assumption of Risk – Guest and all individuals in Guest’s Related Parties, including those within Guest’s Rental parties and other invitees, expressly and voluntarily assume all risk and liability for the loss or damage to the cabin or other equipment obtained from Todd Giesea, for the death or injury to any person or property, and for all other risks and liabilities arising from the use, condition and possession of the above identified facilities and premises.
4) Waiver and Release of Claims - The undersigned Guest, on behalf of his or her self, his/her spouse (if any), his/her child, any minor for whom he/she is the guardian, his/her heirs and successors in interest, now and forever waive, release and discharge Todd Giesea, and assigns from any and all claims, demands, losses, expenses, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action of any nature, including but not limited to personal injury, wrongful death and property damage, that in any manner arise from or relate to the rental, use and/or operation, condition or possession of the above referenced property, premises, and any other amenities or other equipment received and/or obtained from Todd Giesea. This waiver and release extends to and includes any and all claims, liabilities, injuries, damages, and causes of action that the parties do not presently anticipate, know, or suspect to exist, but that may develop, accrue, or be discovered in the future. THE UNDERSIGNED EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH PROVIDES: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." The undersigned represents and warrants that he or she has considered the possibility that claims, liabilities, injuries, damages and causes of action may develop, accrue or be discovered in the future, and he or she voluntarily assumes that risk as part of this agreement.
5) Covenant Not To Sue – Guest agrees and covenants on behalf of his/her self, his/her children and any minor for whom he/she is the guardian, Guest and Guest’s Related Parties will never directly or indirectly institute any legal, equitable, administrative, or other action, complaint, or proceeding against Todd Giesea, or in any manner assert any further claim or demand against Todd Giesea and assigns thereof, arising from or pertaining to the condition, possession, use and/or operation of the above referenced property or any other equipment received and/or obtained from Todd Giesea. This covenant applies and extends to any and all claims, liabilities, injuries, expenses, losses, damages, and causes of action that Guest does not presently anticipate, know, or suspect to exist, but that may develop, accrue, or be discovered in the future.
6) Indemnification - The undersigned Guest shall indemnify, defend (by counsel reasonably acceptable to indemnitee), protect and hold Todd Giesea, free and harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, penalties, losses, or expenses (including attorneys' fees) for death of or injury to any person or damage to any property whatsoever arising from or caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the rental, use and/or operation, condition or possession of the above referenced property or any other equipment received or obtained from Todd Giesea. The undersigned likewise shall indemnify Todd Giesea and assigns against any losses, costs or expenses, including attorneys' fees, resulting from a breach of this agreement.
7) Partial Invalidity/Choice of Law - Should any provision of this agreement be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be either invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the agreement shall remain in effect. This agreement, covenant, waiver and release shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of California.
The reservation was canceled 84 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Todd's place is terrific! This is our second time there. Great views, amazing deck, and your own canoe for the weekend.
Our family had a lovely week in Todd's home. It was everything advertised, and more. The cabin is well-supplied and very comfortable, and the views are stunning! Our group comprised four generations, and everyone agreed that the place is fantastic!
Todd's russian river cabin could not have been more perfect. The patio is incredible - it overlooks the river and is perfect for bbqs and dinners out on the deck during a hot summer night. I loved its rustic charm, and had a really hard time leaving it (I could definitely call this place my home). Its in a community called Summer Home Park (SHP) with beautiful redwoods and a really nice beach area. The cabin also comes with a canoe so you can walk right down to it and go up or down the river and find a nice beach to pull up to. The bedroom in the main house is really nice, with a modern bathroom and shower. The other bedrooms are definitely classic rustic cabin style, but I really liked that - and enjoyed spending the night in those rooms. I also really loved the outdoor shower - you can look out onto the river through the trees while you shower! Todd himself was an amazing host, communicated very well, was understanding and accommodating, and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. If you're on the fence about this one, I can't say enough - just go for it, you won't be disappointed!
I couldn't be happier with Todd's place. It's simple and comfortable, with a great deck built into a steep hillside above the river. There's a great spot for swimming, too.
The cabin was fantastic with plenty of room for all of us. It is rustic as other reviews have stated but the views and serenity are so worth it. Lots of stairs and Steep beach so may not work for an older crowd. Really loved this place and will definantly be back to visit!
We would actually give this home a 4.5. Three couples shared this great weekend get away. The living room was a super place to gather and play. The deck/BBQ were equally terrific, and a wonderful spot to enjoy the day. As advertised, some of the sleeping rooms were a bit rustic, but that was part of the adventure. We all spent a relaxing, fun-filed day on the river. The house does have fairly steep access to the river/canoe, but wider beaches are just 5 minutes away by canoe. Be sure to use the outdoor shower - what a treat. Deer and osprey came by to visit. We enjoyed our trip and hope to come again.