About this listing
This open plan studio has a fully equipped kitchenette; perfect for preparing your own 'home cooked meals'. The view on the hills and the medieval tower are spectacular.
This is one of only 4 accomodations of agriturismo Verdita.
LA GINESTRA is a a very bright studio with a view on the hills and the medieval tower.
This open plan studio has a fully equipped kitchenette; perfect for preparing your own 'home cooked meals'. The kitchen has an electric cooktop, microwave/electric oven, dishwasher, fridge and cutlery.
The bathroom has a spacious shower, lavabo and W.C.
On the balcony you can enjoy the views.
Immersed in beautiful countryside overlooking rolling hills we are the ideal spot for visitors coming to the regions of Piedmont and Liguria.
It's also perfect for those who are in need of serenity and peace. Enjoy the garden and terraces or relax in the large jacuzzi with views on one of our lavenderfields.
Perfectly situated between the Italian Alps and the Mediterranean sea, Agriturismo Verdita is ideally located for visiting cities such as Acqui Terme (the Romanesque city famous for its thermal waters and spas), Asti (known for the oldest Palio - or horse race - in Italy), Alba (the city of the White Truffle), Mombaldone (one of the most beautiful villages in Italy) and Canelli (where the underground Wine Cathedrals, a UNESCO Heritage site, are located).
We are approximately a one hour drive from the Italian Riviera, one hour and a half from Genoa and Torino, and two hours from Milan, Monte Carlo, and the south of France.
Possible activities / daytrips
1. Walk the "Sentiero 575" with the aid of our walking-GPS. This path takes you around the little village of Merana, on the "calanchi", million year old sea dunes.
2. Discover the charming Piedmontese cities of Acqui Terme (30 minutes drive from Agriturismo Verdita), Alba (1 hour drive) and Asti (1 hour drive).
3. Enjoy the blue waters, the attractive coastline and beaches of the Italian Riviera, less than an hour away from our Agriturismo.
4. Discover the surrounding Medieval hilltop villages and drive around the countryside.
5. The world famous Barolo and Barbaresco vineyards are a little more than 1 hour away.
6. Piedmont has one of Europe's most elegant old cities in the shape of Turin, a monument to cafe society. You can reach Turin in 1.5 hour.
7. Genoa is another pearl of a city, completely different but at least as interesting because it has the largest medieval quarter in Europe.
8. Virtually every weekend throughout the year, villages hold events and festivals re enacting historical events or celebrating local food and wine.
9. During the right season you can go on a walk with our local truffle hunter. He shows you how his dogs find the best truffles there are.
10. Cooking classes are possible for those who want to learn how to make the local dishes. These courses take place in Piana Crixia (10 minute drive) in the restaurant of a typical Ligurian agriturismo.
--- Agriturismo Verdita (
- panoramic jacuzzi
- outdoor kitchen
- garden en sun terrace
Interaction with guests
We're just next door, so if you need us, you only have to ask !
price includes all costs:
Bed linen and towels,
initial and final cleaning is included
keep in order.
wash the dishes.
Smoking is not allowed
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Once upon a time we lived in the city in Belgium and had a serious career (my partner Nicolas was a lawyer, I was a psychologist).
Everybody was happy, except us... And you know why? People don't come to a lawyer or a psychologist because they are happy and content, just the opposite. So, every day we were surrounded by negativity and unhappiness and this started to weigh us down.
On the other hand, there was the Italian dream I had when I was little. Being half Italian I have always wanted to live in this beautiful country where the skies and the sea are blue instead of grey.
And so we started to dream together ... To cut a long story short (we'd be happy to tell you the long version in person) : we looked for a lifestyle that was the complete opposite from what we knew and went for it.
Agriturismo verdita is the end result : a place where people arrive excited because they're on holiday and our job is to make them even more happy. It's a place in "the middle of nowhere". There's no traffic or city noise, we're surrounded by green hills where boar and deer roam and where we can breathe in healthy air. But if we want to escape the peace and quiet once in a while we can easily reach a big city like Genoa or Turin or enjoy the seaside of the Ligurian Flower Riviera. Even visiting luxury resorts such as Monaco and Portofino is possible from here.
We never thought it possible but we really found our paradise on earth and hope we can share it with you !