We're just south of the Mission, Noe Valley and Bernal Heights districts. 6min bus to BART station (for fast Airport or Downtown access).
SUMMER: $2480/month. Contact me first: osixteen at gmåìl
PRICING: Contact me before booking and save: osixteen at gmåïI
Please read the following info:
GUESTS: Please complete verification process with real picture of yourself. Thanks!
Private Large Bedroom+Bathroom (550sqft=50m2) + Backyard (shared with us).
Perfect with Kids or 1 or 2 couples. Safe and quiet. We're located on a small street with little traffic. This is part of our house. Your space is completely private downstairs.
CLEANING FEE: There is no cleaning fee. Just return the apt as you found it. Read HOUSE RULES for more details.
SLEEPING & MORE:
1 Bedroom with a very comfy queen sized bed & very comfy futon. There's one mattress if needed for a 5th person or even 6th person. All linens are washed with non-toxic products.
BABIES: We have a portable crib inside the apartment :)
GREEN: All powered by Solar, LED lighting, laundry water is recycled to water the lawn (and more soon!)
PARKING: On the street is free and unrestricted in our neighborhood. The last neighborhood in SF like that. If you go to the mission/noe valley/bernal height, richmond, potrero districts, or even worse downtown and around, parking lots costs $15/20 a day, and street parking is limited to 2 hours and costs $2-4 per hour. So you're saving money parking here.
• Wireless / Internet (High Speed)
• Washer / Drier
• Microwave, Nespresso, Electric kettle
• 2 beds (queen & full) + one mattress (comfy) + crib (bed for babies)
• 1 bedroom + 1 kitchen/living room
• Stereo with jack for smartphone, etc...
• USB plugs in the house + international adapter plugs + Ethernet cable.
• Food, cereals, pasta, coffee, tea, everything to cook a meal
• Fresh linens, Soap, Shampoo, etc...
• Free residential parking right in front of our house, no time limit.
• Plenty of guides and maps.
Interaction with Guests
We live upstairs, and we're here most of the time if you needed anything.
• Where: In the heart of the Excelsior.
• Restaurants: Our place is located 8min walk (500m) away from Mission St. Great Thai, one of the best Sushi, South American food, and many great little cafes. DO check out my Guidebook (TOP-RIGHT) associated to this listing for recommendations!
• Food: Several supermarkets 10 min walk. 1 Whole Foods 5 min drive.
• Convenient store a few houses down.
• There are 6 parks at 5/10 min walking distance. 1 children's playground, tennis courts, 1 public swimming pool, and the huge McLaren Park (2nd biggest park in the city).
• The Mission District & Noe Valley, probably the most hip neighborhoods with regards to restaurants and nightlife are 15min away by bus (every 10 min)... or 5 min driving. And yes avoid downtown (it's the business district) or Fisherman's Warf (tourist trap).
• Glen Park BART (Recommended) Station is 6 minutes away by bus 52. Also Balboa Park BART Station with 29 or 54 bus - 10min (Longer). BART is our local fast subway transit. 10 min to the financial district (Shopping Malls) from Glenn Park station, the Embarcadero (our waterfront, with Pier 39, Ferries to Alcatraz).
• Bus 29 will take you to Baker Beach, for a really nice hike (1.5 miles = 2km) to the Golden Gate bridge. It will also take you to Ocean Beach, San Francisco ZOO, the Golden Gate Park.
• Bus 49 will take you to Fort Mason/Marina for another great hike to Golden Gate bridge or a hike to Fisherman's Wharf and the Embarcadero.
• Bus 44 will take you to the Academy of Science (our favorite), and the De Young Musuem, must see museums for anyone traveling here. And of course the bus takes you to the Golden Gate Park since those 2 museums are in the middle of it.
• Bus 14 & 14L will take you to the Mission for restaurants, and bars. It will take you Downtown as well.
• AIRPORT: We're 30 minutes away from the Airport direct via BART ($8 one way for adults), and 15 minutes away via
Other Things to Note
WEATHER: San Francisco is always cold in the evening... and often cold during the day. Some days are sunny and warm, still the evenings are 15ºC (60ºF) or less. Always bring warm clothes. The winters and the summers (fog) are the coldest. Spring and Fall can be nice. The ocean water is very cold (13ºC=55ºF), and the beach is only warm one or two days per year. The golden gate bridge hike will require serious warm clothes. You're warned!
Regular Check-In is at 3PM, let us know ahead of time if you need special arrangements. Shouldn't be a problem if there isn't a guest right before that requires special cleaning.
STRICTLY No Shoes inside!
ENVIRONMENT: Turn off the heater, and lights when you're out. Heating is very fast, no need to leave it on running all day.
CLEANING: No cleaning service is available. If you have to leave before 10am on your last day, then our place is probably not a good option. Failure to clean perfectly will cost $150 from your deposit.
Cleaning isn't optional. The place must be returned super clean for the next guest. No one will come after you:
• The floor MUST be vacuumed & moped (guests like to forget to do that, then we must have a cleaner come and her pay comes from your deposit).
• We also ask you to put the sheets/towels in the laundry, and put them back clean on bed, and towels folded in bathroom.
• Clean kitchen/bathroom (put everything back).
• This will take the whole morning of your day of departure. Plan accordingly.
THE TOUGH LOVE, WE LEARNED THE HARD WAY CLAUSE: Our goal is to make sure you have a nice and clean place, and a wonderful stay. The majority of our guests are great but the few bad ones take their toll. We only want guests who respect and care for our place and its contents. If upon arrival you see anything amiss, tell us and we will fix it.
DEPOSIT: Airbnb doesn't charge you the deposit, they only place a temporary hold on your credit card, and they release it 48 hours after your check-out if all is returned in order and cleaned (including mopping the floors :)
DAMAGES: There should be no stains on bedding or furniture. Guests will be charged for missing or damaged items. Any damage to apartment, equipment or grounds is the responsibility of Guests. Guests agree to pay Owners’ cost to replace any lost or damaged items. If you break something, let us know. We are far more lenient when advised of breakage, than discovering it on our own.
• There are 2 beds that hold 4 adults total.
• You must use the sheets and the duvet cover if you use the extra mattress.
• Do not sleep on the couch. If you don't have enough beds, please let me know. Normally this apt is for 5 adults max.
Now plan your trip and enjoy the wonderful city by the bay!
The apartment is really okay, and the location good if you like public transport like us. Cars would of course do, but do not immerse you in local life. Appliances are plenty and the owners helpful. The neighborhood is a fascinating mix of ethnicities and flow over in The Mission getting moree and more upmarket. A very enjoyable offer indeed. Ria and Henco
Olivier était très agréable et nous a super bien accueillis; il nous a donné une tonne d'information à propos de la ville et de comment le tout fonctionnait. La place était génial et très propre. Nous n'avons manqué de rien lors de notre séjour car l'appartement était très bien équipé. L'appartement est d'ailleurs très bien situé et tout est accessible à pied ou en transport en commun. Nous avons eu beaucoup de plaisir! Je recommande cette place pour quiconque passe du temps à San Francisco.
Alors là, le top ! Nous adorons San Francisco, c'est notre 3ème visite, mais vivre pendant quelques jours dans la maison d'Olivier, c'est génial ! On est baigné dans l'atmosphère de ce joli quartier, on a l'impression d'avoir toujours vécu ici... De plus, l'accueil et la disponibilité des hôtes sont exemplaires. On vous conseille vivement cette location, tout y est, rien à redire. Le logement est parfaitement équipé, le quartier est très calme et l'emplacement est parfait pour se rendre dans le Dowtown. Mille merci pour tout...
Clémentine, Laeticia et Jean Luc
We were relocating to the Bay Area and needed to spend a few nights in town looking for a place to live. We have a toddler, and although Olivier's flat didn't specify that it was "kid-friendly," it seemed to be better suited to our unique needs than many of other options available. When we arrived, we found it was even better than we imagined with a portable crib, child utensils (which we forgot) and even some toys all available. The location is very handy, the apartment is clean, and Olivier was an excellent host. We found a place and won't need to stay here again, but we would.
The place was nice and clean and everything was just as promised. I can really recomend this place :)
A quiet and clean place like home. Perfect for for family and friends who will travel around SF; parking place is available all the time and famous attractions are really convenient for those who have a car. The communication with host was great, they were not home at that time but they totally trust us which we really appreciate that. Anyway I really recommend this place!
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
We live in San Francisco, and love to explore new places. I am from France, my wife from Japan and my son was born in San Francisco! I am a documentary filmmaker, she's a designer, and my son's been going to the French school for 6 years now. We love to go to Mexico, and of course often travel to France and Japan. Hopefully we'll be exploring more of South America and South East Asia soon. Can't wait to come and visit your place.