Conveniently located just south of the Mission, Noe Valley and Bernal Heights districts. 6 minutes bus from Glenn Park BART station (for fast Airport or Downtown access). Restaurants 10 min walk away. Great for 2 to 5/6 people.
June/July/August/September: 5 nights MINIMUM
Large 1 Bedroom (550sqft=50m2) + Backyard (shared with us).
Perfect with Kids or 1 or 2 couples. Safe and quiet, Apt is on the back side of the house, opens on the backyard! Located on a small street with little traffic. It has its own independent private entrance, so you have all the privacy you need.
SLEEPING & MORE:
1 Bedroom with a very comfy queen sized bed & very comfy futon. Inside the apartment there's one mattress/portable crib if needed for a 5th person or even 6th person. All linens are washed with non-toxic products.
1 open living room and large fully equipped kitchen.
All powered by Solar!
PARKING: On the street is free and unrestricted in our neighborhood. The last neighborhood in SF like that. If you go to the mission/noe valley/bernal height, richmond, potrero districts, or even worse downtown, parking lots costs $15/20 a day, and street parking is limited to 2 hours and costs $2/4 per hour. So you're saving money parking here.
CLEANING FEE: There is no cleaning fee. Just return the apt as you found it. Read HOUSE RULES for more details.
• Wireless / Internet (High Speed)
• Washer / Drier
• Full size Fridge
• Full Oven, Microwave, Nespresso, Electric kettle
• 2 beds (queen & full) + one mattress (comfy) + crib (bed for babies)
• 1 bedroom + 1 kitchen/living room
• Stereo with jack for smartphone, etc...
• USB plugs in the house + international adapter plugs
• Food, cereals, pasta, coffee, tea, everything to cook a meal
• Fresh linens, Soap, Shampoo, etc...
• Free residential parking right in front of our house, no time limit.
We live right upstairs, and we're here most of the time if you needed anything.
Otherwise we communicate very well via Airbnb messaging and Texting.
• Where: In the heart of the excelsior.
• Restaurants: Our place is located 8min walk (500m) away from Mission St. Great Thai, one of the best Sushi, South American food, and many great little cafes. DO check out my Guidebook (TOP-RIGHT) associated to this listing for recommendations!
• Food: Several supermarkets 10 min walk. 1 Whole Foods 5 min drive.
• Convenient store a few houses down.
• There are 6 parks at 5/10 min walking distance. 1 children's playground, tennis courts, 1 public swimming pool, and the huge McLaren Park (2nd biggest park in the city).
• The Mission District & Noe Valley, probably the most hip neighborhoods with regards to restaurants and nightlife are 15min away by bus (every 10 min)... or 5 min driving. And yes avoid downtown (it's the business district) or Fisherman's Warf (tourist trap).
• Glen Park BART (Recommended) Station is 6 minutes away by bus 52. Also Balboa Park BART Station with 29 or 54 bus - 10min (Longer). BART is our local fast subway transit. 10 min to the financial district (Shopping Malls) from Glenn Park station, the Embarcadero (our waterfront, with Pier 39, Ferries to Alcatraz).
• Bus 29 will take you to Baker Beach, for a really nice hike (1.5 miles = 2km) to the Golden Gate bridge. It will also take you to Ocean Beach, San Francisco ZOO, the Golden Gate Park.
• Bus 49 will take you to Fort Mason/Marina for another great hike to Golden Gate bridge or a hike to Fisherman's Wharf and the Embarcadero.
• Bus 44 will take you to the Academy of Science (our favorite), and the De Young Musuem, must see museums for anyone traveling here. And of course the bus takes you to the Golden Gate Park since those 2 museums are in the middle of it.
• Bus 14 & 14L will take you to the Mission for restaurants, and bars. It will take you Downtown as well.
• AIRPORT: We're 30 minutes away from the Airport direct via BART ($8 one way for adults), and 15 minutes away via
WEATHER: San Francisco is always cold in the evening... and often cold during the day. Some days are sunny and warm, still the evenings are 15ºC (60ºF) or less. Always bring warm clothes. The winters and the summers (fog) are the coldest. Spring and Fall can be nice. The ocean water is very cold (13ºC=55ºF), and the beach is only warm one or two days per year. The golden gate bridge hike will require serious warm clothes. You're warned!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 4 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$700 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2800 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
The accommodations were perfect for our trip to San Francisco. The apartment's layout was user-friendly and clean, and a washer-dryer was available just a few steps across the patio. Olivier, our host, was accessible and very helpful with our questions and local restaurant suggestions. The price was affordable! This was a good find, and we'll be back!
We can definitely recommend Oliviers Apartment, which is a very nice and beautiful place when you want to spend some days in San Francisco. The rooms were clean and lovely and fully equipped. And the big kitchen is perfect if you want to cook for yourself (like we needed it). We had a parking space that we could use and with the bus we could easily drive to Downtown. Olivier was very nice and welcoming and would be there if we needed him - we really enjoyed our stay.
San Francisco is such a beautiful city and everything is worth it to see! But our personal favorite for San Francisco was Alcatraz (next to all the other great sights!). But if you want to go over to the island (which has so much more history than just being the prison) you have to book in advance. Alcatraz is definitely a must have to see! And Olivier has also a lot of Guides in the apartment and can recommend what you really shouldn't miss during your stay.
My husband and I enjoyed a comfortable two-week stay at Olivier’s apartment. The apartment was very clean, and well equipped with everything you could possibly need (even cute SF guides and umbrellas). He was also kind enough to let us park our car in front of his driveway. Olivier was very responsive and accommodating throughout our stay — we would definitely rent their place again!
Olivier's place was everything my husband and I could have hoped for during our 5-night stay in San Francisco! The apartment itself was very clean and came fully stocked with basic items such as coffee, cereal, cooking oils, etc. We ate breakfast in our "home" each morning, and were able to keep and reheat leftovers easily. The bed was comfortable, and we slept very soundly... maybe a little too soundly at times since the place doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight in the morning. The shower never ran out of hot water, although the spray pressure was not the best, it was adequate for our needs.
We met with Olivier in person only briefly on our arrival and departure days, but he made himself very available by text or phone call, and made sure to check in with us by text message to make sure everything was OK during our stay. The apartment has all the maps and guide books you could hope for... no need to bring your own! We had only one minor problem while we were there; it was very rainy that week, causing ants to come into the bathroom. Olivier fixed the problem immediately by re-caulking around the bathtub, so there was no inconvenience for us.
One of the reasons the apartment is so clean is that Olivier requires guests to spend approximately 3 hours doing a thorough cleaning before they leave (or pay for cleaning service, which must be arranged ahead of time). You will find detailed cleaning instructions posted in each room, so it's easy to understand what is expected. He makes this clear ahead of time so there is no surprise, and we liked being able to save money by doing this work ourselves.
The apartment is a 15-minute walk from several good restaurants and many small markets, as well as a Safeway grocery store. I highly recommend Beijing Restaurant for Chinese food (very authentic, and I have been to China many times), and Venice Pizza for delivery if you don't feel like going out.
We walked to Balboa Park BART station every day, and found it to be an easy 25-30 minute trek, although the city buses have stops within one block of the apartment if you don't feel like walking.
We did not have a car, and would not dream of renting one in San Francisco because traffic and parking are a nightmare. It was not difficult to get around using BART and the bus system, and probably didn't take any more time than driving would have when you factor in the time that would be spent hunting for a parking spot. If you enjoy walking, you will find the local area (and San Francisco in general) to be very easy and enjoyable to get around in.
We recommend this place 100% to anyone that wants an excellent place to stay, doesn't mind doing a little work, doesn't need a TV and enjoys walking. Thanks, Olivier!!
What a perfect place to stay to be safe and enjoy the city! We felt very safe in the neighborhood and it was so quiet at night. Olivier was quick to respond to all of our needs. Comfy bed and darling apartment. Close to everything. I would stay again and would recommend this apt..
I stayed in Olivier's place for two nights, it was really cozy and he's an indeed nice person. The kitchen is great! Includes everything you need. If you need a place to cook your own meal, this is your choice.
Olivier's apartment was clean and well kept. It was easy to get to the 14 bus, which heads downtown on Mission. A little far from BART, and the Mission is not the safest neighborhood at times, but the apartment itself was great - well stocked with all of the dishes, guide books, and other items that you might need.
Olivier was super good with communication and suggestions. Parking was easy once we figured out we could block his driveway. Mission at was within an easy walking distance. Super clean and fun well equipped apt. Beds are firm but this was mentioned in the description. This would be the only reason why we would not stay here again. Just a personal preference. Highly recommend this location. Be sure to read cleaning requirements.
It was our home away from home. Clean and comfortable Loved that we were able to park free in front of the place. Close to bus and Bart. My husband didn't like their was no television, but I didn't mind. We had free wifi. The weather was awesome during our stay. Thank you!
We were surprised with this place, is almost ready to live! Cereals, coffee, pasta, shampoo.. And even though our schedule didn't really leave us time to get to know Olivier, he very kindly recommended some restaurants, and facilitated us a spot to park the car. Very nice little apartment, and a very nice host.