About this listing
I had to cancel a booking at short notice - this looks bad but the building needed emergency maintenance [burst pipe] - there was nothing I could do
Hi and welcome to one of the most central apartments available in London Town.
The apartment is prepared and looked after by friends of mine - between them they speak English, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. As I work away a lot, it is likely they will greet you at check in.
NOTE: prices start from £65/$105 - you need to check the calendar for the price applicable for the date you require. I HAVE TWO FLATS LISTED ON AIRBNB - IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE DATE YOU WANT, TRY THE OTHER FLAT - they are in the same block and appointed in an identical manner - listing Picadilly Circus in Central London or see under my other listing.
If you are wishing to book the apartment for one night only – see NOTE below. See also below for information about Check In and Check Out – this is important.
A booking for two guests is on the basis of linen for one double bed. If two of you require a bed each, then there is a one off additional charge of £12 to be paid on arrival.
Check in is between 15.00 and 17.00. After 17.00 keys can be collected from a local key holder - they charge you £10 for the service. Check in can be as late as 1.30am on most days and 3.30am at weekends [Friday and Saturday] - if the keys are picked up from the key holder.
The apartment is only 5-10 minutes’ walk away – The Mall, St. James’ Park, Green Park, Buckingham Palace, St. James’ Palace, Clarence House, Spencer House, the Houses of Parliament, the Royal Academy, the National Gallery, the White Cube Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, Soho and China Town. The similar close proximity of Jermyn Street, Regent Street, Oxford Street, Carnaby Street and Bond Street makes shopping easy – no need for a train journey with lots of bags! Within a 500m radius, there are 15 theatres and 15 cinemas with numerous screens.
It is 50m from Piccadilly Tube Station - the Piccadilly Line is direct from Heathrow. Just 50m down Haymarket there are bus links to many parts of London and the main London Tour Bus Stop. Charring Cross, Embankment and Waterloo are just 10 minutes away.
With the cost of public transport in London at an all-time high, a central location is very important both in terms of money and time. If you decide to stay at No. 1, you will save a good deal in travel costs. An off peak day ticket (for use after 0930) on the London Underground (which stops running at midnight) is now £7.40 for Zones 1, 2, 3 and 4 and £8.50 if you are in Zones 5 or 6. Staying in an SW1 location would save a party of four at least £30 per day by not having the travel costs to get into town. You are already there.
This is a great place to have a holiday: spend your time where you want to be, not travelling miles to get there.
Ideal for friends - family - professionals - students - couples
* Air con
* Clean & Modern apartment
* Elevator/lift - there is only one elevator/lift – if it is Out of Service there are quite a few stairs.
Best not to book the apartment if you would struggle with stairs.
* Tripple glazing
* Excellent noise insulation between apartments
* Very modern furnishings
* 24 hour monitored CCTV
* 1 double size bed and 1 sofa bed
* Travel cot available
* Dining table + four chairs
* WIFI - unlimited Internet –use of land line by arrangement
* TV/DVD - Freesat
* A4 A to Z of London 318 pages of maps and information
* Umberellas - it is London!
* Shower room - PHARO jet shower
* Video entry phone
* Carrs American Oak floors throughout
* Tile floor in the bathroom
* Hair dryer
* Enough shampoo, shower gel and soap for your first couple
* Modern fully fitted kitchen
* convection oven
* food processor
* hand blender
* slow cooker
* sandwich maker
* espresso and/or cafetiere
* USA and Europe electric plug adaptors provided x 3
* Coffee, tea, sugar provided - milk available at nearby 24h grocery stores
*Kitchen is stocked with salt, pepper and some condiments
Tesco Metro, Lower Regent Street [major supermarket/grocery store] is 200m. 24 hours Spar, Haymarket, 50m and a 24 hour Tesco Express 300m.
For those working in London there is a Samsung Printer/Scanner/Copier on request.
ONE NIGHT STAYS
I am one of the few Airbnb hosts in Central London who will do a one night booking [entire apartment] – if you do want the place for one night only, there is an additional charge of £10 per bed [based on one bed or two beds] to be paid on arrival when you check in. This is in addition to what you pay Airbnb. This only applies to one night stays.
CHECK IN - CECK-OUT
It is possible to leave luggage from 12 noon and check in is at 3pm. It is rarely possible to leave luggage before 12 noon. Check In after 3pm can be arranged. Very late check ins can be a problem.
Check out is 11am – LEAVING LUGAGE ON CHECK OUT DAY – as the flats are more or less booked out every day of the year, this can be VERY difficult and often quite impossible – as people are checking in there is simply no where to leave it. There are left luggage facilities at (i) Charing Cross Station [about 800m away] (ii) Kings Cross/St Pancras Staton and (iii) Paddington Station. It is about £8 per item. The people who look after my apartments can sometimes [but NOT always by any means] juggle things around so luggage can be left for a few hours after check out. However, it might mean that they has to stay around to wait for you to collect it [this would be in his own time] and so if they can arrange something for you, they may well ask for some payment for their time.
KEY to the apartment - due to insurance endorsements, I am only able to provide one key for the apartment.
I hope this assists.
You have access to the whole apartment.
You are provided with one set of keys on arrival.
Within 5-10 minutes walk you can reach:
• anywhere in Soho (Leicester Square, China Town, Old Compton Street, Carnaby Street, etc)
• Oxford Circus & Oxford Street (shopping area)
• Piccadilly Circus & Regent Street (shopping area)
• Bond Street (shopping area in Mayfair)
Within 10-20 minutes walk:
• Trafalgar Square & National Gallery
• Covent Garden
• St James' Park & Buckingham Palace
• Old Bond & Burlington Arcade
• Green Park & Hyde Park Corner
• Big Ben, Houses of Parliament & Westminster Abbey
• Thames River and The London Eye
There are numerous public transport options – the most cost effective way to travel is to purchase an Oyster card and catch a London bus (25 different routes), or get the London Underground excellent subway system. The nearest tube stations are:
• Oxford Circus (Central, Victoria and Bakerloo lines) is just 175 metres away
• Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern lines) is just 400 metres
• Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines) is just 25 metres away
• Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines) 100 metres away and
• Covent Garden (Piccadilly line) 275 metres away