Going on a cruise and looking for a place to stay while you wait for "your ship to come in?" Do you need an affordable place for vacation or somewhere to lay your head as you do your internship at JHU? I offer special rates for Hopkin's interns.
- My 108 year old typical Baltimore brick rowhome is located in the Highlandtown neighborhood (not Baltimore Highlands as is in the listing). Cross streets are Conkling Street & E. Fayette Street. My house is located 2.5 miles from the Inner Harbor and 4 miles from the Locust Point Cruise Terminal .
- Easy access to I-95, I-895, I-295 and I-83.
- Located one block from bus lines (a 10-15 minute trip to the downtown area) and many restaurants and fast food places are nearby along with grocery stores.
I can accommodate up to 8 people (6 adults, 2 children) at a time, so this is perfect for families! Although I can accommodate up to 8 people, I only rent to 5-8 people for up to 10 days (max). My house contains many glass and fragile items so it is not suitable for small toddlers. I can accommodate babies and children at least 4 years old and up.
- One bedroom on second floor contains a queen sized bed, an armoire and a shelf unit.
- Second basement bedroom is set up with a full sized bed, along with a coffee table, chair and a dresser. There is also a toilet and laundry sink in the back room of the basement.
- Also available is a single roll-away bed, 2 twin sized Aerobeds and 2 large denim cushions that fold out into the size of twin sized beds
- Shared bath (shower and tub) and a laundry room on the second floor.
- Full use of the kitchen and living & dining rooms.
- Back Deck has a 2 person hot tub, a patio set with seating for 6 and a gas grill. Grill a nice dinner and relax on the deck to experience the sights and sounds of the city.
FOR PEOPLE RENTING 2 BEDROOMS: There is no air conditioner in the basement bedroom but it stays cool and I have several fans that can be used.
- Free on-street parking.
NIGHTLY RATE - $45.00 for 1-2 people, $25.00 for each additional person, which includes:
- Breakfast items stocked; cereal, oatmeal, fruit, eggs, juice, the basics for your use.
- Bath and bed linens provided
- Basic cable – No internet or WiFi access.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES: Check-In 2:00pm
Check- Out 11:00am
- If you need different arrival/departure times, please discuss with me.
- Special weekly/monthly rates are available for John Hopkins interns. House is very convenient to the Bayview and Wolfe/Broadway campuses.
Guests will have access to the whole house. I also live at the house. I only rent to one group or family at a time so there will be no one else in the house except you and me. Although I can accommodate up to 8 people, I do not rent to 5-8 persons for more than 10 days. If you are renting 2 bedrooms, be advised that the basement bedroom does not have air conditioning. But it stays cool and I do have fans that can be used.
I do not have much interaction with guests but I am always available to answer questions or take care of any matters that arise.
Highlandtown is a working class neighborhood.
The MTA bus stop (Baltimore City) is one block from my house. You can be in the downtown area within 15-20 minutes. The MTA bus routes intersect the Charm City Circulator (free) routes so getting around the city is quite easy.
1. If you use "Instant Book" and arrive the same day you make a reservation, there is a chance you will not be able to get into my house until 4:00pm. I work a full-time job and might not be able to meet you before 4:00pm.
2. If there are 2 guests but you wish to have 2 bedrooms, you will need to book for 3 people so the correct rate will be applied. The listing is priced for 2 people @ $45 for one bedroom.
3. PLEASE DO NOT INVITE OTHER PEOPLE INTO MY HOUSE! YOUR INFORMATION AND DETAILS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, NOT YOUR FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS. I LIVE IN THIS HOUSE AND I AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH HAVING UNINVITED GUESTS ROAMING THROUGH MY HOME.
Deb was a wonderful host to us. Everything is as described, and our stay was quite comfortable. She takes very good care of her house, as seen in the meticulous decoration of each room. Her neighborhood is not upscale, but it is cozy, and her neighbors are very friendly. We very much enjoyed our stay.
We went to Baltimore and we stayed for 1 night in Deb's place. we arrived late at night. Her place was really nice, she prepared for us a list of places to visit and to eat in the city. She also offered us the possibility to take food and beverages from her kitchen. This is really good, other places they do not do that. So, I would recommend 100% Deb's place for anyone going to Baltimore! Thank Deb!
Place was very nice, and everything looked beautiful. Host was wonderful and very nice. She even had toiletries in case you forgot and she also offered us food in the fridge. She even gave us a ride down to Fells Point. Did not get a chance to use the hot tub unfortunately.
Great experience would definitely go back.
Deb was awesome and made my group feel at ease and at home. Our first experience with Air bnb was a great one and Deb's place will definitely be our go-to stay whenever we visit Baltimore!
We like Deb's house very much, her room is clean and her kitchen and rest room is big and comfortable. We had a pleasant stay at Baltimore. Good house!
Had a great stay. The house was really nice and the host was very responsive. However, the neighborhood is not great and a bit sketchy at night.
The words "not great" and "sketchy" does not describe my neighborhood. It is a working class neighborhood and certain areas are going through a transitional/renovation period. I have lived in my house for 13 years and if I felt unsafe, I would not live here. This guest arrived after 11:00pm and left early in the morning so I don't know how he came to this conclusion.
Deb was a wonderful hostess, instantly welcoming and very accommodating. We had a great time and would definitely recommend her home.
Deb's place is in a great location and her home is very nice, and Deb is wonderful! My daughter and I stayed four days and really enjoyed Deb's home! The house is really nice and we each had a private room with comfy beds. Deb provides breakfast foods and fresh linens, towels etc. She also has a hot tub on back porch which was very nice after walking around the city all day!! It is an easy bus ride to downtown and the neighborhood where Deb lives is quiet and nice, and the neighbors all are friendly folks. I would highly recommend Deb's place to anyone traveling to Baltimore!!
Deb was great, very helpful and generous. The house was wonderful and the back porch was great for grilling.
She is just awesome. This place felt like home.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT