About this listing
My 108 year old home is located in Highlandtown - an urban working class neighborhood that is going through a revitalization process and embraces many cultures. The Inner Harbor is 2.5 miles away, along with many of the attractions in Baltimore.
NOTE: If there are 2 persons in your party but you would like 2 separate bedrooms with 2 beds, then you need to enter "3" as the number of guests so the correct cost will be applied.
Going on a cruise and looking for a place to stay while you wait for "your ship to come in?" Do you need an affordable place for vacation or somewhere to lay your head as you do your internship at JHU? I offer special rates for Hopkin's interns.
- My 112 year old typical Baltimore brick rowhome is located in the Highlandtown neighborhood (not Baltimore Highlands as is in the listing). Cross streets are Conkling Street & E. Fayette Street. My house is located 2.5 miles from the Inner Harbor and 4 miles from the Locust Point Cruise Terminal .
- Easy access to I-95, I-895, I-295 and I-83.
- Located one block from bus lines (a 10-15 minute trip to the downtown area) and many restaurants and fast food places are nearby along with grocery stores.
I can accommodate 2 persons. My house contains many glass and fragile items so it is not suitable for small toddlers. I can accommodate babies and children at least 4 years old and up.
- One bedroom on second floor contains a queen sized bed, an armoire and a shelf unit.
- Second basement bedroom is set up with a full sized bed, along with a coffee table, chair and a dresser. There is also a toilet and laundry sink in the back room of the basement.
- Shared bath (shower and tub) and a laundry room on the second floor.
- Full use of the kitchen and living & dining rooms.
- Back Deck has a 2 person hot tub, a patio set with seating for 6 and a gas grill. Grill a nice dinner and relax on the deck to experience the sights and sounds of the city.
FOR PEOPLE RENTING 2 BEDROOMS: There is no air conditioner in the basement bedroom but it stays cool and I have several fans that can be used.
- Free on-street parking.
NIGHTLY RATE - $45.00 for one bedroom
$90.00 for two bedrooms
- Breakfast items stocked; cereal, fruit, eggs, juice, yogurt, breads, coffee, tea, the basics for your use.
- Bath and bed linens provided
- Basic cable
- No internet or WiFi access.
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES: Check-In 4:00pm
Check- Out 11:00am
- If you need different arrival/departure times, please discuss with me.
- Special weekly/monthly rates are available for John Hopkins interns. House is very convenient to the Bayview and Wolfe/Broadway campuses.
Guests will have access to the whole house. I also live at the house. I only rent to one group or family at a time so there will be no one else in the house except you and me. If you are renting 2 bedrooms in the summer, be advised that the basement bedroom does not have air conditioning. But it stays cool and I do have fans that can be used.
Interaction with Guests
I do not have much interaction with guests but I am always available to answer questions or take care of any matters that arise.
Highlandtown is a working class neighborhood. There is a revitalizing process happening in this neighborhood, along with the area further along E. Fayette Street in the Patterson Park and Hopkins Hospital areas. People of many cultures make their homes in these areas and I have seen many improvements in the 15 years I have lived in my home. My neighborhood is filled with families and children and the neighbors look out for one another.
The MTA bus stop (Baltimore City) is one block from my house. You can be in the downtown area within 15-20 minutes. The MTA bus routes intersect the Charm City Circulator (free) routes so getting around the city is quite easy. Please check the Baltimore MTA website for information.
FOR GUESTS USING MEGABUS: Please note that the Baltimore bus stop is actually located in a parking lot at the Marsh Mall, about 15 miles from Baltimore. You can catch a Baltimore City MTA bus - Route#35 and that will drop you off about 4 blocks from my house. Check the Baltimore MTA website for specific information.
Other Things to Note
1. Please read all the details about about my house and the room(s) you will be renting so you have the correct information and do not make inaccurate assumptions.
2. If you need to use public transportation while in the city, look at the Baltimore MTA website to find times, routes, fares, etc. I cannot predict your arrival/departure times, therefore I can not give you accurate information.
3. If you use "Instant Book" and arrive the same day you make a reservation, there is a chance you will not be able to get into my house until 4:00pm. I work a full-time job and might not be able to meet you before 4:00pm.
4. If there are 2 guests but you wish to have 2 bedrooms, you will need to book for 3 people so the correct rate will be applied. The listing is priced for 2 people @ $45 for one bedroom.
5. PLEASE DO NOT INVITE OTHER PEOPLE INTO MY HOUSE! YOUR INFORMATION AND DETAILS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, NOT YOUR FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS. I LIVE IN THIS HOUSE AND I AM NOT COMFORTABLE WITH HAVING UNINVITED GUESTS ROAMING THROUGH MY HOME.
Smoking outside only
Do not use washer/dryer between 9:30pm to 8:00am
There are no locks on the bedroom doors. The doors, knobs and brassplates are original to the house and I do not want to mar the doors. I only rent to one group or family at a time so there will be no one else in the house except you and me.