About this listing
CENTRAL, SPACIOUS, BRIGHT, HI-TECH, MINIMALIST, SECURE, 1BR TOP FLOOR LOFT IN MODERN QUITO
- 936 square feet (87 m2), one bedroom attic apartment, on the top floor of a beautiful Swiss-style villa.
- This stylish apartment is on a quiet street, in a very central location, just 5 minutes walk from Mariscal and Plaza Foch, a few blocks from Marriott Hotel, Swissotel and Hotel Quito. It's possible to walk to some of the best restaurants. Public transportation nearby and easy access to taxis.
- The 3rd floor apartment has its own private entry. Your safety is paramount to us. The apartment is protected by a steel Italian security door.
- The owner is an award winning photographer who has published several books, and who intimately knows Ecuador's natural and cultural diversity.
BRIGHT MINIMALIST INTERIOR
- The clear, minimalist design as well as the many windows facing the four cardinal directions make the flat bright and spacious. The bedroom receives sunlight from morning to evening.
- A long balcony with geraniums and a table for two frames the eastern end of the living room.
- Ultra comfortable King bed with 450 thread count 100% cotton sheets. A futon serves as an extra bed.
- No smoking & no pets
- Refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, dishes
- Large private garden in the back of the house.
- A large bathroom includes a bathtub and a window.
- No shoes have ever been allowed in the apartment, so the white hypo-allergenic carpet has remained spotless. We like to keep it perfectly clean.
- Free cleaning service once a week.
- Fast wireless internet, fastest availbale in Quito.
- Pioneer 5.1 Amplifier and Sony speakers.
- Vonage phone number. Free phone calls to the USA and Western Europe.
I recommend using Easy Taxi, an app available for iOS and Android. It works really well in Quito. It's also easy to call a taxi (but it will help to speak the language) or get one from the main avenue nearby.
I often recommend Mr. Edwin Sulca, an honest and punctual taxi driver, 0988449415.
To come here from the airport I suggest getting an official taxi, it should cost $25.
I want to keep the apartment spotless, so no shoes and no red wine are allowed inside the apartment. The carpet is white and is in perfect condition. And I want it to remain smell free, so no-smoking, except on the balcony or back garden. No candles, no incense! No cologne or perfumes except in the bathroom! Obviously, no parties! If you bring a friend or two sometime, it's alright, but I've had horrible experiences with guests having parties. I prefer if only registered people stay in the apartment. For the same reason, no cooking. The stove is not connected. You will find a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker.
The bedroom is decorated in white, with big prints by Nat Geo photographer. Hotel quality mattress with 450 thread-count sheets.