About this listing
ILLiGY is a guesthouse and cafe located in the Hwagae valley of Jirisan. It's by the Cherry Blossom Rd. near Ssang-gye-sa temple and Green Tea Museum. We have 5 rooms; you can book for a bed(dorm), a room or the entire house. Fees may change according to the season.
★ Even though it appears booked out on the calendar, we may have other rooms available. So please ask!
- 1 Twin (Korean style floor bedding)
- 2 Doubles (double/ queen size bed)
- 1 Dormitory for 4
- 1 Family Room for max.8
(spacious room with a table set)
Each Room with;
- Private Bathroom (soap, toothpaste, shampoo...)
- Hair Dryer
- Air conditioner/ Heater
- Cafe; coffee, green tea, cake and pizza with Wi-fi use.
- Garden tables
- Refrigerator, electric pot, drinking water and cups in the hallway
- Laundry machine and outside laundry line
- Books and musical instruments in the cafe
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor Kitchen for simple cooking
(Indoor kitchen available in off- season)
Interaction with guests
We interact with guests anytime during the working hours. (8am-10pm)
You can meet other guests in the cafe or other common area.
ILLiGY is located by the Cherry Blossom Rd in the Hwagae valley of Jirisan, one of the most scenic roads in Korea. Every spring the street of 4 km is packed with tourists who came to see the magnificent Cherry Blossoms. There are also the clean Hwagae stream in doorstep and Sumjin river, attracting many vacationers in the summer; plenty of spots for swimming and fishing. We are also just a minute away from Mt. Jiri National Park Office where you can get the information and guide for hiking. Great trails and mind-resting places abundant in the region. Green Tea Museum is only 5 min walk away, Ssanggyesa Temple is 10 min walk, and the famous Hwagae Market and terminal is only 5 min away by bus.
Easy access to neighboring towns like Agyang where Choe-cham-pan-daek and beautiful rice field mindblow you.
You can have a great experience with the beautiful Cherry Blossom rd, Hadong Green Tea, old temples, Hwagae stream and Sumjin river and Mt. Jiri national park.
All available and supported at ILLiGY!
How to come to Hawgae & ILLiGY;
- From Hadong or Gurye terminal, take a local bus for Ssanggyesa. Get off at Ssanggyesa stop and walk back along the road (this is Cherry Blossom rd) about 3 min. Easy to find Illigy sign just by the road.
- Direct bus from Seoul Nambu terminal to Hwagae
- Direct bus from Busan and Jinju. (via Hadong)
- Nearest train station; Hadong or Gurye-gu.
※ Hadong station to Hadong terminal is about 10 min walk.
However, Gurye-gu station to Gurye terminal is far away; use bus or taxi
Other things to note
ILLiGY Cafe offers various local tea and coffee of 1st grade beans including something to eat like Pizza. Interact with other guests here or just have a rest.
Books and musical instruments.
There are many Korean restaurants nearby.
Heavy drinking and smoking is not allowed at ILLiGY. You can be deported for the violation of the rules.
Welcome to one of the most beautiful area in Korea! ILLiGY Stay & Cafe is located in Hwagae, Hadong, where the beautiful Cherry Blossom Road spreads out. We're in the perfect location to visit Ssangyesa temple, Green Tea Museum and tea platations, and Choechampandaek in Agyang, a peaceful slow citie. It is such a nice area to rest whilst traveling southern part of Korea. Visit illigy dot come website for more.