About this listing
Welcome to downtown Vancouver.
UPDATE: I am currently travelling and am not in Vancouver. Therefore, the nature of my listing has changed from that of a "room rental" to the entire condo being made available to prospective guests. Please keep this in mind as you read my reviews, the majority of which were based on the "room rental" scenario. Despite my absence, guests do not need to worry about any check-in/out or rental issues as I have arranged for another trusted person to handle this on my behalf. In addition, I am very responsive via AIRBNB.
My luxurious 1 bedroom condo is located on the 26th floor of a modern residential tower, built in 2008. I am the first and only owner of this suite and have lived here since I bought it brand new. The building is located in downtown Vancouver's upscale 'Yaletown' neighborhood and is right on the false creek waterfront. Enjoy panoramic views of downtown Vancouver's skyline.
THE FOLLOWING LIST DESCRIBES FEATURES OF THE SUITE ITSELF:
a) Quality hardwood and ceramic tile floors. No carpets.
2. Living Room:
a) Black Italian leather couch with chaise extension.
b) 46" wall mounted plasma HDTV with Apple TV.
c) Playstation 3 (Blu-Ray player) console with controller.
d) High end DENON surround sound system that fully links the TV and PS3 into integrated entertainment center with wall mounted speakers and IPOD connectivity.
e) High speed FIBER OPTIC wireless internet throughout. Lightning fast speeds.
a) Beautiful granite countertops.
b) Quality stainless steel appliances (Gas range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge) plus ensuite washer and dryer.
c) Weber Q propane fueled BBQ grill on balcony.
d) Quality silverware, knives, and cookware included.
a) Gorgeous marble countertops
b) Ultra-modern design with deep-style, soaker bath tub.
c) High pressure, removable shower head.
d) Towels included.
a) Quality queen sized mattress on a stylish, Scandinavian, all metal bed frame.
b) Stylish clothes drawer and bedside unit.
c) Extra linen included.
a) Storage space for luggage, sports equipment, bikes, etc...
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE IN-BUILDING AMENITIES:
1. Building concierge from 8:00 am to 11:30 pm, everyday.
2. Security patrol 24 hours a day.
3. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room.
4. Full gym with up-to-date cardio equipment, strength training center, free weights, medicine balls, swiss balls, bosu balls, and flatscreen TVs.
5. Games room, including pool table, ping pong table, foosball table, sofas and flatscreen TVs.
6. Meeting rooms and two-lane bowling alley (not joking).
7. Street parking. Secured underground parking garage may be available, depending on timing. Enquire for more details.
THE FOLLOWING PROVIDES DETAILS ON LOCATION AND PROXIMITY:
1. Nightlife District and Central Business District: 10 minute walk.
2. Falsecreek Waterfront - 1 minute walk.
3. Sports - 2 minute walk to BC Place Stadium and 7 minute walk to Roger's Arena.
4. Subway rapid transit (skytrain) - 7 minute walk to 'Yaletown Roundhouse' station on north/south Canada-line and 8 minute walk to 'Stadium Chinatown' station on east/west Expo line and Millenium line.
In addition to the suite itself, guests have access to the following building amenities:
Interaction with guests
Guests can have as much or as little interaction with me as he/she desires. I have had guests keep to themselves and I have also had guests who I introduced to my friends and partied all weekend with.
Other things to note
Vancouver is a very safe city by almost every standard. Violent crime is exceedingly rare and most people, including myself, do not think twice about walking alone outside at any time of day or night. I cannot say the same for many other cities I've travelled to worldwide.
Every guest who have stayed here has enjoyed his or her time (please read references). However, to ensure a pleasant time is had by all and to reduce misunderstanding, a few essential house rules must be established:
1. Guest access is governed by the rules established here and also the guidelines established by AIRBNB. It is the responsibility of the guest(s) to familiarize themselves with these rules and guidelines.
2. Only approved AIRBNB guests may access this suite and its facilities; This means that NO other person(s), including but not limited to friends or family of the guest, are permitted access to the suite and its facilities at any time for any reason.
3. Smoking is strictly prohibited on the premises at all times, which includes: All interior areas of the apartment, the balcony, all interior common areas of the building, (i.e.: lobby, gym, pool, etc), and exterior areas within 6 meters of the building (CIty of Vancouver bylaw).
4. Pets and/or other animals are NOT allowed inside the suite itself or anywhere inside the building premises at any time for any reason.
5. Shoes and footwear are NOT to be worn inside the suite at any time. All guests MUST take off footwear upon suite entry. A shoe rack is provided at suite entry for convenience.
6. Meals are not included and food is not provided.
7. The cleaning charge covers basic and reasonable cleaning services performed at the end of a guest's stay. A guest is responsible for cleaning after themselves during the period of their stay (i.e.: after kitchen use, bathroom use), especially if large messes are created.
8. Illegal drug use of any sort is NOT permitted inside the suite or anywhere within the property of the building at any time for any reason.
9. A maximum of 2 persons per reservation is allowed. Exceptions may be provided on a case by case basis and must be submitted to the host for approval PRIOR to booking confirmation.
Note: When violations of the above house rules are found, AIRBNB shall be promptly notified with possible eviction as a consequence. Certain violations that pertain to safety issues (#2, #8, #9) will also result in police notification.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I am a young professional living in an urban jungle.
Real estate is expensive here, and Vancouver ranks amongst the most expensive cities in the world.
Don't expect a giant mansion with acreage. Instead, if a smaller space within an electric urban atmosphere is more to your liking, then welcome! Toss in a rich cultural mosaic and fabulous natural surroundings, and you probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else.