About this listing
Welcome to downtown Vancouver.
My luxurious 1 bedroom condo is located on the 26th floor of a modern residential tower, built in 2008. I am the first and only owner of this suite and have lived here since I bought it brand new. The building is located in downtown Vancouver's upscale 'Yaletown' neighborhood and is right on the false creek waterfront. Enjoy panoramic views of downtown Vancouver's skyline.
THE FOLLOWING LIST DESCRIBES FEATURES OF THE SUITE ITSELF:
a) Quality hardwood and ceramic tile floors. No carpets.
2. Living Room:
a) Black Italian leather couch with chaise extension.
b) 46" wall mounted plasma HDTV with cable package.
c) Playstation 3 (Blu-Ray player) console with controller.
d) High end DENON surround sound system that fully links the TV and PS3 into integrated entertainment center with wall mounted speakers and IPOD connectivity.
e) High speed FIBER OPTIC wireless internet throughout. Lightning fast speeds.
a) Beautiful granite countertops.
b) Quality stainless steel appliances (Gas range/oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge) plus ensuite washer and dryer.
c) Weber Q propane fueled BBQ grill on balcony.
d) Quality silverware, knives, and cookware included.
a) Gorgeous marble countertops
b) Ultra-modern design with deep-style, soaker bath tub.
c) High pressure, removable shower head.
d) Towels included.
a) Quality queen sized mattress on a stylish, Scandinavian, all metal bed frame.
b) Stylish clothes drawer and bedside unit.
c) Extra linen included.
a) Storage space for luggage, sports equipment, bikes, etc...
THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE IN-BUILDING AMENITIES:
1. Building concierge from 8:00 am to 11:30 pm, everyday.
2. Security patrol 24 hours a day.
3. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room.
4. Full gym with up-to-date cardio equipment, strength training center, free weights, medicine balls, swiss balls, bosu balls, and flatscreen TVs.
5. Games room, including pool table, ping pong table, foosball table, sofas and flatscreen TVs.
6. Meeting rooms and two-lane bowling alley (not joking).
7. Street parking. Secured underground parking garage may be available, depending on timing. Enquire for more details.
THE FOLLOWING PROVIDES DETAILS ON LOCATION AND PROXIMITY:
1. Nightlife District and Central Business District: 10 minute walk.
2. Falsecreek Waterfront - 1 minute walk.
3. Sports - 2 minute walk to BC Place Stadium and 7 minute walk to Roger's Arena.
4. Subway rapid transit (skytrain) - 7 minute walk to 'Yaletown Roundhouse' station on north/south Canada-line and 8 minute walk to 'Stadium Chinatown' station on east/west Expo line and Millenium line.
Interaction with Guests
Guests can have as much or as little interaction with me as he/she desires. I have had guests keep to themselves and I have also had guests who I introduced to my friends and partied all weekend with. Whatever your taste, I can accommodate.
Every guest who have stayed here has enjoyed his or her time (please read references). However, to ensure a pleasant time is had by all and to reduce misunderstanding, a few essential house rules must be established:
1. Only the approved AIRBNB guest may access this suite and its facilities; In addition, guest access is governed by the rules established here and within the guidelines established by AIRBNB. It is the responsibility of the guest to familiarize himself/herself with these rules and guidelines. NO other person(s), including but not limited to friends or family of the guest, are permitted access to the suite and its facilities at any time for any reason.
2. Smoking is strictly prohibited at all times: All interior areas of the suite, the external balcony, all common areas of the building itself (i.e.: Lobby, gym, pool, etc).
3. Pets and/or other animals are NOT allowed inside the suite itself or anywhere inside the building premises at any time for any reason.
4. Outdoor footwear is NOT to be worn inside the suite at any time for any reason.
5. Meals (this includes breakfast) are NOT included nor provided.
6. A guest is NOT permitted to consume the host's food, drink or alcohol. Ample space will be provided for guests to store their own consumables, including refrigeration space.
7. The cleaning charge covers basic and reasonable cleaning services performed at the end of a guest's stay. A guest is responsible for cleaning after themselves during the period of their stay (i.e.: after kitchen use, bathroom use), especially if large messes are created.
8. Drug (narcotics) use of any sort is NOT permitted inside the suite or anywhere within the property of the building at any time for any reason.
9. Only 1 person per reservation is allowed. No exceptions.
Note: Violations of the above house rules will result in AIRBNB administration being promptly notified, with possible eviction as a result. Certain violations (#1 and #8) may also result in police being notified first.
Mike was a great host, and the apartment is exactly what is advertised. Really no complaints at all, and had a good time chatting with him. Best part was the way Mike runs his place. As with all Airbnbs, there are some pretty minor quirks with the apartment. Mike made sure I had all information upfront before anything was accepted, which was great. Would stay again.
My stay at Michael's was great. Nice place, convenient location, and a very chill, relaxed atmosphere. Michael had plenty of awesome suggestions regarding where to go in the city, and even offered to show me around. Thanks so much for everything Michael. I hope to be back later this year :-)
The only reason I'm giving Mike five stars is because there is not an option to rate six. He was awesome.
Mike was very welcoming and helped me live like a local during my stay in Vancouver. After we chatted while splitting a bottle of excellent wine, he provided a number of recommendations for my mostly-clear schedule based on what he had learned about me. I took the first of his recommendations to heart that next day, visiting Grouse Mountain and taking part in the Grouse Grind, a 2,830-stair journey to the top of one of Vancouver's highest peaks. It was an exhilarating hike which finished with a breathtaking view.
The next day was even better! Mike told me about a non-touristy local beach which is something of legend in Vancouver: Wreck Beach. It was an optionally-nude beach, which is something I'd never before experienced. We went and had an awesome time on the gorgeous waterfront. While we were on the beach he graciously purchased and shared with me an organic joint which was grown locally. As this is something I'm not really able to take part in while residing in my native country, this was a great experience and really enhanced my vacation frame of mind.
If I had to sum it up briefly, I would say that Mike treated me more like a friend than a houseguest. He was a great host because he allows the visitor to dictate the trip. Want to hang out with him while you're staying? Great; he'll have multiple cool ideas of fun things you can do together. Prefer to spend all of your time alone? He's totally good with that as well.
Oh, and the location of the apartment is incredible. You're a ten-minute (safe) walk along the waterfront away from the nearest metro station, and literally a stone's throw away from BC Place if you're in town for a sporting event, as I was.
Thanks Mike (and airbnb)! I had a great trip and you were a big part of it.
July 6, 2015
Michael is courteous, generous, and very thoughtful. At one point I had to receive a package while traveling via courier, and he helped me to coordinate this task. Stayed a total of four nights and was very comfortable - I really enjoyed the views from his 26th-floor apartment and swimming in the pool downstairs!
Michael's apartment is clean and you'll find yourself a cozy bedroom with nice views of the city - BC place in particular. The building offers a decent gym and you'll find free wifi to connect to while breaking in a quick sweat. I had fun staying at Michael's place and would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Really convenient, nicely kept place with great location to BC Place. Perfect for a solo traveler. Michael also went out of his way to meet me during the work day to arrange key pickup and recommend some nice routes around Vancouver. Highly recommended.
It was great to stay his place. That location is very close to downtown and convention center where i have to go everyday for exhibition.
Micheal would help you anytime when u need help and questions.
Ah just one thing, you have to ask him exact address. I was wrong place with wrong address at first day.
About the Host, Michael
I am a young professional living in an urban jungle.
Real estate is expensive here, and Vancouver ranks amongst the most expensive cities in the world.
Don't expect a giant mansion with acreage. Instead, if a smaller space within an electric urban atmosphere is more to your liking, then welcome! Toss in a rich cultural mosaic and fabulous natural surroundings, and you probably wouldn't want to live anywhere else.