About this listing
My place is tiny but thanks to Airbnb I've been able to afford steady improvements. Recently refinished the floors repainted the inside trim.
Trust me it's still a funky little spot but it fits.
I like the important simple things,working appliances,nice down comforters,a working kitchen.
The setting and view over looking the beach an ocean will always speak for itself. I had nothing to do with it and feel as fortunate as most of my guests feel to enjoy it on a daily basis.
Interaction with Guests
I've been there to greet about 80% of the guests an then I usually leave them their privacy. I think most questions are answered in the discription an house rules but things change so I like to be available. Without being intrusive.
There's plenty of hiking and mt bilking trails all around. The beach speaks for itself. On some quiet mornings you can see a couple otters playing on the beach or frequently I watch blue herons in Redwood creek. The creek also runs by the house.
There's your choice of grocery stores (Safeway or Wholefoods )in Mill valley (15minutes away)which is the town you go through to get here.Most people do their grocery shopping before they arrive so they don't have to leave the beach. We have the Pelican Inn (a great English style pub)just down the road for a pint and some great fish an chips.
Other Things to Note
Visitors are drawn to Marin by its natural beauty and the region's unique and historical attractions. The dollars they bring stimulate commerce which is vital to the local economy. Balancing the costs and benefits of tourism is essential to the preservation of our communities and our quality of life. Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) is an important part of that balance.
Transient Occupancy Tax is not a tax on the business operator; it is collected by the operator from the transient occupant on behalf of the County. These funds are used in variety of ways to mitigate the impacts of tourism and to fund tourism friendly projects that benefit the County as a whole. Public parks, historical and environmental preservation, and improvements to infrastructure are just a few of the benefits enjoyed by our communities and funded in part by Transient Occupancy Tax.
Short term accommodations including vacation rentals, cabins and retreats must comply with Marin County's Transient Occupancy Tax and Business License requirements.
The Transient Occupancy Tax (Hotel, Motel or Bed Tax) is authorized under State Revenue and Taxation Code Section 7280, as an additional source of non-property tax revenue to local government. This tax is levied in Marin County at a rate of 10% for accommodations at lodging facilities in the unincorporated areas of the County.
YOU MOST PULL ALL THE WAY INTO THE PARKING SPOT so close to the wall that a passenger cannot open their door.(Let them out before you park.) you must leave room for a large firetruck to get by you. the parking space is small but I can get a Full size American F150 truck in the (website hidden) please be respectful of my neighbors an only use the turn around at the end of the street. NEVER USE THE NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAYS.(they get very upset).
PLEASE REMEMBER to turn off the lights on the stairs so they are not on all night. Not only is it wasteful but the light diminishes everyones oppurtunity to see an enjoy the stars.
GARBAGE:Leave it bagged in the back laundry/mud room with the DOORS SHUT TIGHT OR you will be visited by raccoons an skunks.
No streaming of music, television, or movies, it slows down the small system for the whole neighborhood
Please be respectful of our home and neighbors.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 2 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. PST. Guest will alert Host of arrival time/info.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit.
3. Pets are NOT permitted in rental units under any conditions.
4. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $150 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met. a. No damage is done to unit or its contents. b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. All keys are left on the desk and unit is left locked. d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. e. No linens are lost or damaged. f. NO Early check-in or late check-out. g. The renter is not evicted by the host (or representative of the host), the local law enforcement.
5. Guest is responsible and liable for the cost of any damages beyond the security deposit.
6. PAYMENT - Please pay entire rent due at time of reservation.
7. CANCELLATIONS -Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to 4.Unless confirmed by host. No parties please....
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.
10. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change prior to contracting only.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
About the Host, John
I'm very active always busy with some new idea or project I love Muir beach an the surrounding countryside we're surrounded by Golden Gate National Recreation Area,Muir Beach State Park,an Mt Tamalpais State Park, an of course the Pacific Ocean.
I've 2 dogs 4 chickens & 2 colonies of honey bees a nice backyard with a little greenhouse. I'm into gardens an gardening. I'm gone most weekends hiking or biking ,surfing or fishing. I have a surf board an crab net for anyone adventurous enough to give it a try.
I've traveled a lot in my past an really enjoy the whole free spirit mentality of young(an old) travelers