About this listing
Classic Craftsman Shingled Beach Cottage built in 1917. Wrap-around porch, Balcony, Waterviews, flower-filled yard. Beach only 75 ft away. Unique New England community with seaside walks, 3 beaches, woodland paths. Private home, not a typical rental
Groton Long Point, Connecticut.
PLEASE NOTE: This is our private home, rarely rented. It may be available for longer-term or shorter- term stays that are difficult to post here on Airbnb. The best thing is to contact us directly at the email below in the body of this message before trying to book specific dates. Whenever possible we would like to meet our guests in advance to give them a house tour & orientation.
Nonetheless, some last minute stays may be possible.
* 5 miles from Mystic Seaport; 4 miles south of I-95, Exit 88 or 89.
* Several nearby, marinas.
* Airport: GON (Groton-New London) is 6 miles away.
* Train: AMTRAK service to Westerly, Rhode Island, Mystic Seaport, & New London, CT.
* Ferry Service from Fisher's Island & Orient Point, Long Island to New London, CT
Contemplative space for an artist or academic. Ideal for a single person or a couple.
This year ‘round home is furnished with antiques and a scholarly library; it is 75 feet from the beach.
Built in 1917, the two–storey cottage has views of Long Island Sound & Noank Harbor. The main floor has a wrap-around porch. Upstairs, two of the bedrooms open to a shaded balcony. Approximate interior space is 1300 sq ft. Original beaded boarding and yellow pine floors still grace the interior.
* 4 small rooms w/ closets (2 are currently furnished w/ beds(URL HIDDEN)room w/ double bed & covered balcony, 1 small room w/ a single bed
3rd room with daybed/banquette under a sloping ceiling.
4th upstairs room is owner's storage area
* Glassed-in sun-porch
* Bathroom w/ large shower (no tub)
* Exterior balcony w/ water views
* Living room
* Dining room
* Spacious kitchen
* Powder room (sink & WC only)
* Large, covered porch with dining table & seating areas. Wicker porch furniture.
* Location of washer, dryer, water heater, furnace, electrical panel.
Parking: Gravel driveway w/ space for 2 medium-sized cars
Front Steps in July
Please note—ours is one of the few early, shingled homes remaining in Groton Long Point. To protect its unique character, it has had minimal remodeling. There is a dishwasher, refrigerator, and updated electrical panel w/ circuit breakers. No TV now. Bathrooms and kitchen retain their vintage character. Washer & dryer are in basement, which has separate ground-level entrance.
The house is raised on stone pillars; two exterior sets of steps lead to the porch and first floor. There is one interior staircase from living room to bedrooms and full bath on second floor. Our home would not be practical for small children or anyone with restricted mobility, but it might be the right nest for you.
Online photo album available; please ask owner for link holly (EMAIL HIDDEN)
* No smoking, no pets. Credit check, security deposit, and personal references will be needed.
* Available (June-Oct) $8,000 per month + utilities
* $2,900 per week, for a minimum of 7 days, will be considered.
* Possible off-season rental $1950 month + utilities: heating & electricity. Cottage has oil-burning furnace.
Cleaning costs and any security deposits to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Generally, the whole house, except our storage areas. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A SHORT STAY-- B & B only-- WHILE OWNERS ARE ALSO IN RESIDENCE , please contact us to discuss.
Interaction with Guests
We want to speak with you and-- under most circumstances-- meet you in person to show you around our home.
Trees, vintage cottages, tidal marsh, beaches, saltwater swimming close to the house.
No public transportation. But walking and biking are very safe and enjoyable here.
Other Things to Note
Very Quiet. A fine place for walks and recreation.
Home is filled with scholarly library and vintage furnishings. An unsual home with a distinctive personality!
NO SMOKING or PETS ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY. (This means no smoking in the yard, no pets outside or in cars parked on the property.
NO USE OF FIREPLACE.
Please note: home has NO TV-- just waves, seabgulls, and shore breezes.
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!