Upstate New York! Finger Lakes Region vacation apartment, pet-friendly rental
A lovely drive in the country, along to the west side of Skaneateles Lake will lead you to the quaint hamlet of New Hope, New York.
Known for its 180-year old water-powered mill, and wonderful pancake flour, this historic, mid-lake location is the home to a most unique vacation property. Atop what was formerly a well-loved, area antique shop is “Millard’s Nook,” a comfy one bedroom apartment. Named for Millard Fillmore, our 13th US President, who once attended and taught school in the original 1820’s farm house, the apartment was developed as part of an extensive renovation of the building in early 2000.
With all the amenities available for a most enjoyable stay, the apartment is comfortable, well-appointed, and appealing; AND it is right in the middle of everything the area has to offer. You could not find a better place to unwind and soak up the picturesque Finger Lakes region of Central New York State.
Enjoy nature's beauty bicycling or driving along miles of rolling rural roads, past farms & mature forests, and around gorges, streams, & waterfalls
You are also less than 2 miles from Skaneateles Lake, “the Jewel of the Finger Lakes Region,” known for its water’s pureness, clarity and beauty. Water sports abound and there is easy access to the lake from many public access locations in the area. In addition, you are only 12 miles from the charming Village of Skaneateles, at the top of the lake, with many unique shops, boutiques and world class restaurants.
Historic sightseeing and wineries are nearby, as well as sportsmen opportunities and entertainment venues too numerous to mention.
A review from a past guest:
My husband and I had a very nice time in Finger Lake area and we enjoyed staying in this cozy, charming apartment above lovely antique store. We found the place very easily even though we arrived late night. We had detailed instruction from the owners how to enter apartment and how to use all appliances and internet. The apartment has nice personality with all decorations, books, music CDs and movie collection. It is located in a quiet place but we did not have to drive too long to have a nice dinner, visit all wineries we wanted and beautiful places like Watkins Glen waterfalls. We also enjoyed the shop, it has a lot of interesting stuff. Also the Skaneatless village is not so far away and it is very nice place to drive for dinner. We recommend Blue Water Grill restaurant. If we ever again decide to spend vacation in the area we are going to check if this apartment is available. We would deferentially recommend the place to our friends.
Other Things to Note
Note that AirBnb does NOT charge you, or make any authorizations on your card, for the security deposit unless there is an issue at check out.
Please review rental rules before confirming. Confirmation of reservation conveys acceptance of rental rules. Thanks! :-)
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Please respect the homeowner and neighbors by refraining from making excessive noise, playing loud music, or having an excessive number of people at the house at any time.
a. Events and parties are not allowed. This home is located in residential neighborhood. Loud noise, especially outside, is always discouraged, and strictly prohibited after 9pm. If neighbors can hear you or music from inside, that is also a violation of the noise policy. The security deposit will be forfeited if noise violations occur, and management reserves the right to terminate the rental early if deemed appropriate. If you are coming/going for a night out on the town, please be mindful of car door noise, etc when you return home
b. Illegal substances and/or activities are strictly prohibited.
c. Owner or Owner’s Representative reserves the right to ask guest to depart the premises if these rules is ignored.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval
8. PARKING – Driveway parking is generally available. Street parking is generally allowed. We’re happy to answer questions about parking at your specific property.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
a. All dishes used should be run through the dishwasher or hand washed prior to departure.
b. Please place any used towels in the bathtub prior to departure. Sheets can remain on the beds. Thanks!
10. Check out Policies. Guest should be checked out of home by 11am of last day, unless another time is specifically agreed upon. After making sure the house is securely closed up, please place all keys in lockbox and relock. Missing keys will result in a rekey fee being deducted from the security deposit.
a. Penalty for late check out is $50
Deposit will be refunded within 5 business days. Unless there are pets (14 days).
If you’d like to bring a pet, you must discuss/get approval when booking the reservation.
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 100 lbs.
b. Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
e. A maximum number of 2 pets are allowed, unless an exception is specifically granted.
3. All pets must be leashed at all times when outside of the house or fully fenced yard.
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. A minimum of $50 clean up fee will be applied if pet refuse is left at the property.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
6. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Deposit may be held up to 2 weeks with pets to ensure there are no fleas in the residence. If flea treatment is necessary, guest will be responsible for damages.
7. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
8.Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Failure to honor this rule can result in early termination of the rental without refund and/or withheld deposits.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
10. Homeowner and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
Brooke was great! She was an extremely attentive host without being overbearing. She promptly answered and addressed any and all questions and concerns. I would not hesitate to work with her again!
This is a gem of a place. Beautiful house, wonderful garden, and all in the midst of a really wonderful area. It really is a great vacation spot.
The house was very comfortable. I do agree with the previous reviewer - the refrigerator is quite noisy, but other than that - everything was great.
My husband and I had a family wedding to attend in Skaneateles.
We have been very happy with Airbnb and, once again, were not disappointed.
We needed to arrive earlier than expected (in the middle of the night) and Brooke was very accommodating.
The apartment is located a lovely 15 minute drive from the town of Skaneateles.
The rooms are cozy and quiet and just as depicted in the photos.
The kitchen is well equipped and with a supply of coffees and teas.
There is also a nice selection of books, DVDs and CDs for that rainy day.
The only negative comment is that the refrigerator hums loudly.
This is a charming apartment and we would definitely stay here again when in the area.
I stayed at the apartment as a home base for a motorcycle tour of the Finger Lakes area. It was perfectly located. The apartment was wonderful, cozy, homelike, very clean and had everything and more than I expected. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone who who is visiting this area and in particular as a location to explore the region by motorcycle. It couldn't have been better!
The place is cozy and well furnished and decorated. We expected that giving the fact that the house is over an antique shop, and we were extremely pleased. Wood furniture, comfy pillows, and even a gas fired fireplace that we used even though it was warm outside!
The apartment is listed as a capacity of 4, so we came with my husband and a friend. We got the nice bed in the bedroom, and he slept in the convertible sofa in the living room. Problem is, the fridge is very loud, and we had to unplug it in order for our friend to sleep adequately. I would rather say this place accomodates 2 people perfectly, and can be stretched up to 4 for short stays.
We didn't meet the host nor the property manager during our stay, but everything was convenient and easy. The gift bag with postcards and pancake mix was very lovely and welcoming!
The region is wonderful, we had a great weather and an overall great time in the Finger Lakes, highly recommended!
A lovely little apartment in a wonderful area. Brooke and Sharon left us a very nice little gift and personal note and inspired me to be a better host, they really wowed me.
I stayed in Millard's Nook with my mom over President's Day weekend; what an absolutely lovely decision! We didn't know much about the area (close to Skaneateles Lake, one of the Finger Lakes) but were looking for a quiet, quaint town and a relaxing homebase. Millard's Nook was exactly the right fit! Not only was Brooke a joy to work with (she suggested different things to do in the area, and answered any and all of our questions), but the apartment was beautifully decorated, clean, and only about 20 minutes from the center of town. The town itself was lovely with a lot of artisan shops, vineyards, and an astoundingly beautiful lake. We were there for two nights and felt like we had a great sense of what the town had to offer. We're hoping to return either near Christmas during their Dickens celebrations, or over the summer, to partake in some of the lake water sports. I cannot recommend this location highly enough if you are looking for a lovely, quiet, relaxing place for a weekend.
This host has 198 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Long time Austinite and owner of Emerson Guest Properties. I love what I do! I know this town well, and can recommend many a fun activity. I pride myself on professional service and reliability. Can't wait to welcome you to Austin.