About This Listing
Fun great location! Modern, simple, comfy and priced right! Located in between downtown and Hollywood, 10 min either way. My apartments provide you with everything you would want when visiting LA. But, don't take my word for it, read my reviews!
Before we get into the details of the apartment and location, take a minute and go straight to my reviews. I believe that feedback from people whom have stayed here is the most important info to help you make your decision.
The feel and look of a designer hotel, vibe and amenities of a local apartment, the perfect location for business or pleasure, and half the cost.
The studio apartment is in a central Eastside location. It is in Silverlake near Echo Park, right off of Sunset Blvd. Silverlake is right in the middle of Downtown and Hollywood. This apartment is 1 of 2 modern styled apartments I've designed solely for the vacation renter. That means that the unit is much like a hotel, there are no clothes or anything stored in the apartment except for things for you! Included in the rate are three bikes for your neighborhood cruising pleasure! There is also a super cute custom renovated camper trailer that can rented as an additional bedroom for extra guests! Perfect for a family with kids!
I also have a second unit that has a similar design upstairs to this apartment. Book both apartments for large groups!
Check out: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/749979
For your reference by car you will be:
- 5 minutes quaint Los Feliz
- 3 minutes to artsy Sunset Junction
- 10 minutes to the heart of Hollywood or in the other direction downtown.
- 6 minutes to either Griffith Park or Elysian Park/Dodger Stadium
-15 minutes to the closest point to the Hollywood sign
- 5 minutes to either Thai town or China Town
- 7 minutes to either Little Tokyo or Korea Town
- 20-30 minutes to West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Melrose, etc
- 15 minutes to Burbank, Studio City, North Hollywood
- 2 hours to Big Bear Ski resort
- 30 minutes to a giant waterfall with a pool at the top and bottom of the waterfall!
- 2 minutes to two major highways (101 and 5)
- 30-40 minutes to LAX Airport
- 15-20 minutes to Burbank Airport
- Walking distance to Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Sushi, Pizza, Vegan, 7-11, Grocery, boutiques
It doesn't get more central then this! Ask me and I can make great suggestions for fun LA things to do and see.
So.... next thing you need to experience LA is a nice clean modern pad to relax in. After all you're in LA!
The studio apartment is behind the main house and tucked away, behind a fence and the neighborhood is friendly and safe. Completely renovated and furnished with MODERN FURNITURE and details like MOOD LIGHTING and DIMMERS on every light.
- FULL KITCHEN - microwave, stove, coffee maker, kitchen ware
- BATHTUB in bathroom
- Shared PATIO right outside of the apartment!
- GAS GRILL right outside in Patio
- GAS TORCH HEATER in Patio
- FRENCH DOORS as well as an massive 8FT. SLIDING GLASS DOOR!
- 55 inch LED TV that is wall mounted swivels so you can watch from the bed as well as the couch. Also, plug in your laptop and have the ultimate office/entertainment center!
-CABLE TV and also an iTV for your entertainment!
- KING SIZE BED with remote control lighting and diffused floor lamp
- 8ft. DESIGNER COUCH big enough for a grown man to sleep comfortably on
- Ottoman that flips out to an extra bed
- FREE LAUNDRY
- DECK with a great view
- Plenty of street PARKING (Parking is rare in LA!).
- One block to bus stop, 10 min bus ride to Subway (Yes, LA has a subway)
- Tenants in the house and other apartment are all friendly musicians and creative professionals.
The 2 and 4 buses run on Sunset Boulevard. The 2 runs from Pacific Palisades on the west side to Downtown. The 4 runs from Santa Monica on the west side to Downtown.
There is plenty of free unrestricted street parking! The last in metro LA!
See you soon!
Patio with fire pit and comfortable seating. BBQ grill, 3 bicycles, washer and dryer.
Interaction with Guests
I am a touring musician so may or may not be home during your stay.
On this side of town, my neighborhood is the absolute best! Close to all of the action, but far enough away to have parking, silence at night, and that small town feeling only ten minutes from downtown and Hollywood! There 2 huge parks near here and 2 lakes walking distance from my house! There is plenty of AMAZING restaurants that people will crosstown for, that is walking distance! I moved here 9 years ago and this neighborhood has improved SO much, and so much fun stuff is popping up every month! I know you'll love it here, so book already! Read my reviews and I know you'll feel the same!
Two major bus stops all within walking distance. Plenty of budget transportation available such as Lyft, Uber, Sidecar. Enterprise car rental is close and will come pick you up from the house!
- No big parties. Dinner or BBQ parties only (max 6 guests.) and must be announced.
- No excessively loud music in patio that may disturb neighbors.
- Patio area is to be cleaned up immediately after use as it is a shared area.
- No loud talking outside after midnight
Trash must be taken out to City provide can by the street and not left by the apartment
- Bikes borrowed are the responsibility of the renter, all repairs or replacement due to theft will be paid by renter.
- BBQ and patio heater gas tanks are to be closed off at the tank after use.
- Keep fence gates closed
We had a great stay. Even with plumbing problems our first morning, Henry was down to attend to it within minutes - even at 6:45 in the morning! We will definitely stay again if we are in the area again.
Everything was perfect. The house was as described. We had very good time in LA. Henry printed out maps and important information about LA and explained to us. There were high speed internet, Apple TV, big screen TV and lots more.
Couldn't have met a better host! Had some hiccups with the booking due to some carelessness on my part. However Henry was so understanding, and I couldn't be more thankful he handled it perfectly well. His space was gorgeous, as seen from the photos, along with a beautiful patio. Highly recommended!
This was my first time ever using Air BnB. I must say my first experience exceeded all expectations from the start! Getting in and out was easy, there was always parking, the neighborhood was beautiful and more importantly this apartment didn't have a flaw! Henry has worked hard to make this place an easy comfortable stay on a more luxurious level and it shows! I dont have 1 complaint...
This host has 128 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Henry
I am a touring musician/music producer. 4 years ago, I was fortunate enough to buy the house I was renting and have been renovating it since. Because I am on the road most of the year, I have opted to rent out the apartments behind my house that was originally going to be music studios. I have spent nights in hundreds of hotels and tour buses and have developed an appreciation for design. It has been a pleasure to renovate my apartments into clean, modern, stylish yet practical spaces and then share them with you! I believe that these apartments provide everything you could possibly want as a traveler, designer hotel styling, yet homey vibe, safe and tucked central LA location, and dedicated to the traveler as they are only for vacation and business rentals. The people I surround myself, that live, and work here are all creative professionals. Come stay at my apartments and live like you live in LA!
Absoute best vegetarian restaurant in all of LA. What else is there to say? GO!West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90026-3124
The best coffee period. A coffee show opened by growers. Go here for the coffee, not the hype.North Alvarado Street Los Angeles CA 90026
24 hours, walking distance, 7-11West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90026
They deliver. Use their website and just click what you want and the food will magically appear! The BBQ combo is awesome, the spicy eggplant is amazing!West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90026
Its a Vons, its close, its a standard grocery store. You need stuff, its convenient.N. Alvarado Los Angeles CA 90027
Mexican grocery store. Great BBQ meats, chips and fresh salsa. Decent booze prices.West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90026
Food is good, all vegan, service sucks. Walking distance, get the Mung Bean Soup!West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90026
We call it Hipster Pho, it has no sign but is packed daily full of silver lake hipsters. Definitely a local favorite, good food, funky eastside vibe!W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles CA 90026-2125