About this listing
Have you checked out the site for Walk Score? This property is a score of 92!! They have fantastic maps there!! (Please read the description so you know if this apartment is a good fit for your stay!)
Just two blocks to Paseo Nuevo, Santa Barbara's colorful shopping mall and State Street, this apartment is located close to all the great food (my guidebook is filled with ideas and there are directions now, check it out!) and entertainment Santa Barbara has to offer...on foot! It is a location where you can come with out a car and rent one 4 blocks from Enterprise if needed. One block to the city bus stop, 2 blocks to hop the $.50 electric trolley on State Street, rent bikes or walk 8 blocks to Stern's Wharf, the Santa Barbara Harbor and all the beautiful beaches that stretch our coastline (6 blocks from the train station).
The apartment is one in a residential fourplex in a quiet and friendly neighborhood. It has hardwood floors and is decorated with modern decor to create a cozy and clean bright space for your stay. We do have a two night stay requirement at this apartment, max. 2 guests, QUEEN BED only (no couch sleeping-quiet hours 10pm-7am).
Comfortable with a living room, bedroom, kitchen (coffee, coffee maker, blender and toaster and tea, big toaster oven and stove top, NO OVEN) and full bathroom, we offer wi-fi for your wireless device and a docking station for your Mp3 player, books and games - NO TV... the noise carries...! Coin laundry is on site. We do not have air conditioning here, plenty of fans :) The price includes a 12% city bed tax** and there is minimal cleaning fee. Please read the house manual when you arrive to help us both have a great rental experience.
Our family loves to travel and we have hosted students from all over the world in our home here in Santa Barbara. We have managed property for 20 years, done home exchange and vacation rented our own home when we travel. My husband is Canadian and we met doing what we love, being active and traveling! We look forward to welcoming you and recommending the best of the best adventures here in the beautiful California central (website hidden)- If you see a one day vacancy and you only need one night, don't hesitate to contact me about booking it.
pss- there is a hair dryer for your use in the bathroom, iron in the closet :) Take a bag to the store with you, new SB ordinance! Grocery bags cost $.10 each, no more plastic here :)
psss- The walls (ceiling) are thin at this property. If you are a light sleeper or want to sleep in, bring ear plugs. Be forewarned that it's an old building! 99% of the time the place is silent from 10 pm to 7am. Sweet dreams!
**The 12% Transient Occupancy Tax which we pay to the City of Santa Barbara to support their clean creeks programs and other city
operations and infrastructure.
PLANNING TIPS: Check my guidebook map.
Great list for planning ideas search: Santa Barbara Chamber of Commerce Events & Calendar and Santa Barbara
Car Free (discounts for Amtrak tickets). For Channel Islands National Park kayak visits with Channel Islands Outfitters, day trips hiking with Island Packers out of Ventura Harbor.
The city of Santa Barbara no longer allows me to use my guest pass for Airbnb guests. There is 90 minute parking in front of the apartment that is enforced from 9-6 (technically from 10:30am until 4:30pm). There is an unlimited parking map in the apartment that directs you where to park in a 2 block radius. It is a safe residential area and walking is fantastic everywhere. (It is still necessary to MOVE YOUR CAR for street sweeping on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am - 12pm)
WELCOME TO AIRBNB! You are going on vacation in a neighborhood...! Not in a tourist corridor that is some what controlled. It's like you've moved into your own house for your stay, so the things that make you a good neighbor at home apply here. Please be considerate and respectful and let your host know (think of your call to me as calling the front desk at a hotel...) if something is going on before you write in in a review so it can be resolved for all the future guests!!
Search: Santa Barbara Car Free and Walk Score for West De La Guerra Street :)
Other Things to Note
See our other listings in this same neighborhood:
Sunny Creekside Downtown Location https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1012477
Walk SB #2 Great Downtown Location!
1. ENJOY YOUR STAY :)))) !
2. CONTACT... Cathy if you have questions or concerns (including after hour noise, something broken, something smells?). (phone number hidden) As much as we would like to... we do not allow pets, sublets, parties or extra guests.
3. QUIET TIMES: Please be respectful of our great, friendly tenants and be quiet as mice after 10pm and before 7am :)
4. NO SMOKING! Smoking is not permitted on the property.
5. CONSERVE- Please recycle and conserve water where ever possible. (No baths, we are in serious drought, driest here in recorded history!)
6. THE CITY SWEEPS THE STREETS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAYS. (Tuesday night and Wednesday night you must park right side of the street.) Please park consciously, maximize the parking spaces on the street by pulling right up to the red curb. SEE THE PARKING MAP HANGING BY THE FRONT DOOR!
7. COOK! The kitchen counter is wood block that is NOT designed to be cut on. There are two big cutting boards for your use.
8. NOTICE: Please dry any water that gets onto the bathroom floor. It's an old building and sitting pools of water has a way of getting into it's "bones" and causing problems.
9. BEFORE YOU GO: Turn off the heat? Sign the guestbook? Get your charging cords? PLEASE let me know if something isn't working or got broken asap, it helps so much. Often times I don't learn this until I have another guest walking in the door! Muchas gracias!!
OUR HOPES... are that you will get out and enjoy all that Santa Barbara has to offer and soak it all in. We are outdoor enthusiasts and know how precious your vacation time is! Don't hesitate to contact us if you can't think of something fun to do. This is a non-smoking, NON-COUCH sleeping property.