About This Listing
Comfy, safe and stylish 2 bed 1 bath. 5min walk to Trafalgar Sq, Leicester Sq, Oxford St, 50 theatres on door step. 2 min to Leicester Sq station. You will be in the very heart of London. Food, shopping and fun all near by!
Clean, well equipped, modern, comfortable 2 bedroom flat in the heart of London. 3 minute WALK to all major tourist attractions:
Film premiers – Leicester Square
Shopping -- Covent Garden, Oxford Street
Theatres – London West End, 50 theatres nearby.
Food – China Town is on the ground floor, hundreds of restaurants/cafe.
Museums – British museum (15min walk), National Gallery
Royal – Buckingham Palace, St James Park, Hyde Park are all 15 minutes walk.
GETTING TO THE FLAT: Leicester Square Station
from HEATHROW AIRPORT:
by underground (45min) take Piccadilly Line(dark blue colour on tube map) to Leicester Square.
by Heathrow Express train (15-20mins) to Paddington Rail Station. From Paddington Station by underground take Bakerloo (brown line) to Piccadilly Circus, then 5min walk.
from STANSTED AIRPORT:
about 35 miles north-east of central London.
by Standsted Express (45-50mins) to Liverpool Street Rail Station. From Liverpool Street Station by underground, take Central Line(red colour) change at Totthenham Court Road for Northen Line(black colour) going southbound towards Leicester Square.
from GATWICK AIRPORT:
about 30 miles south of central London.
by Gatwick Express or Southern Rail (30-35mins) to Victoria Rail Station.
From Victoria Station by underground take Victoria Line( light blue colour) change at Green Park for Piccadilly Line(dark blue colour) going eastbound towards Leicester Square.
from LUTON AIRPORT:
by First Capitol Connect rail from Luton Parkway train station (25-30mins) to King's Cross St.Pancras International. Piccadilly line to Leicester Square station.
This is a apartment within a large secure block. There are lifts and it's on the 2nd floor.
Bedroom 1 – large double bedroom with plenty of space to move about. (1 kingsized bed, 1 single 70cm wide sofa bed)
Bedroom 2 – small double room with fitted walldrobe. (1 standard double bed)
Kitchen -- simple quipped kitchen with 3 ring electric hobs, a washing machine and family sized fridge/freezer. Toaster, kettle and microwave.
Bathroom – standard bath with shower, toilet and wash basin. Simple, bright and clean.
Beddings are provided. Please kindly bring your own bath towels. This is due to the fact that a few of the previous guests were unsatisfactory about home cleaned towels and the quantity supplied. I therefore decided not to provide towels any more, I am simply unable to meet the high expectation of some of the guests. I am also tired of trying to wash out stains such as make-up, baby oil, hair dyes etc from towels. My new towels are often subjected to uses which I am sure people won't do to their own towels. I am able to provide home cleaned towels by request and as long as you are not expecting hotel standards.
I have 1 small single sofabed and also baby cot with sheets available on request.
I would say this apartment is very well suited to a family of four or five. The location is great and everything is so conveniently located.
Because we live close to the flat (5min walk), so if you experience any problem, we can usually come around and help out pretty quickly. But we have jobs, so can't be on-call 24/7.
I also state that the apartment and the building is absolutely NON SMOKING and NO PARTIES. I expect all guests to respect this rule.
Just a few things I am clarifying from various feedbacks from guests, so guests can be clear about the apartment:
1. This is not a luxury hotel -- it's a comfortable home, but I don't stock piles of professional laundered towels and beddings. If you want professional laundered towels and beddings, I can hire them for you at supplier's cost from hotel linen services, the price quote is anything from 20 pounds to 30 pounds for a set.
2. Water pressure is low -- this is a common issue for flats in Central London area. I have new combi boiler, but the water pressure isn't something I can fix.
3. The building -- there are other flats in the building. It's not a historic house or new build. Please don't expect luxury carpeted corridors and flower decorations. The bonus is that it has lifts, many other flats in the area only have stairs.
4. Noise -- the windows have secondary glazing, but there are still light noises from the street. So if you are from a peaceful countryside, then it may be too noisy for you.
5. Check-in -- the earliest luggage drop off time is 11am usually. We work, so we don't wait at the flat for guests (arrival time is highly unpredicatable). You may need to pick up the keys from our work place not too far (5min walk). We do our best to accommondate check in time. However after midnight, there is a 10 pounds extra charge.
6. Check out time -- If we have new guests arriving on the day of your departure, we need you to pack up by 10:30am. We try our best to liase with new guests about leaving luggage for collection later. However it's not always possible. There are left luggage facilites in the nearby Charing Cross train station (5 min walk).
We are easy going hosts and we do our best to help and accommondate your requests. Any questions, please do ask.
Wifi, washing machine, iron, hair dryer,
Interaction with Guests
Guests are left to enjoy their stay in peace. If there's any problem, we try to resolve ASAP.
You are in China Town, Soho, Covent Garden. Fantastic theatres all around you. Excellent food and shopping facilities. Lively and safe and fun.
Other Things to Note
This flat is in the heart of London, so it's noisy as it's facing the street. Please be aware of this especially if you are not used to noise.
Please keep clean and be considerate to our neighbours.
Mi estancia en Londres fue muy buena. Muy facil el ingreso y egreso al departamento. La ubicacion del departamento es EXELENTE!! Esta en el limite de China Town y Coven Garden..pero muy cerca de todo. Al departamento le falta matenimiento y alguna vajilla mas.. Y la segunda habitacion es realmente pequeña. Se como en la barra. Es para 4 pasajeros maximo. Volveria a hospedarne alli por su ubicacion y si aconsejo mantenimiento de pintura y piso
Flat described accurately and presented as described. Comfortable beds and location excellent. Key pick up was easy and Jenny very flexible and helpful. Would stay again.
The apartment is very well located and it's great for 4 people.
El apartamento es tal como se anuncia y suficiente para 4 personas. Lo mejor es su ubicación, inmejorable si buscas estar cerca de las principales atracciones de la ciudad y te gusta el ambiente nocturno. Aunque la zona es muy transitada, el apartamento esta bien insonorizado y no molesta el ruido exterior. Como mejorable, la recogida de llaves y un pequeño repaso de mantenimiento. La cisterna del WC hace mucho ruido y en mitad de la noche resulta molesto si la tienes que utilizar.
The apartment is in a perfect location.! To be expected was the street noise given the location. Jenny was very nice and accessible for any requests. We had not read the rules until 2 days prior to our visit and requested to have Jenny provide towels as we did not have space in our luggage. She was very accommodating and She provided these as well as flat sheets for us with us.
Appartement bien placé et conforme au descriptif. La rue est un peu bruyante à partir du vendredi soir. Très bon cantact avec Jenny.
This host has 238 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews