Good times, happy memories and more at the Central Taiwan Guestroom! Free WiFi, AC, Private Bathroom, King Size bed, Guest information service, Convenient for Train Station and two funny cats make this a great beginning, middle or end to any trip around Taiwan! :)
* 十月還沒預定的日期每一晚只有*$12美元*/$300台灣美元! 請利用折扣!*
* Remaining dates in October just *$12* or around *$360TWD!!*
** 1個月住宿:15000新台幣 **
** 2週住宿:7500新台幣 **
** 1週住宿:4000新台幣 **
1 person $10 USD 每晚10美元一人
2 people $10USD 每晚10美元兩個人
3 people $20USD 每晚20美元三個人
Cleaning Fee (1 time) $5 USD 清潔費 (一次) 5美元
Welcome to Central Taiwan Guestroom, Taichung, a great starting point for seeing Taiwan and host to many fantastic vacations here.
YOUR ROOM HERE: :)
- Double Bed in Separate Guest Room (獨立客房含標準雙人床)
- Bed linen, Towels and Extra Blankets (床包組、毛巾、毛毯可另提供)
- Air Conditioning (空調冷氣)
- Personal Bathroom (獨立私人盥洗間)
- Wall-mounted fan, bedside fan (壁掛式風扇和立扇)
- Desk and Chair (辦公桌/椅 標準衣櫃含鏡子)
- Full-length wardrobe (with mirror) (標準衣櫃含鏡子)
- Free WiFi & Cable TV (免費無線網路 和 有線電視)
- Free Breakfast (Optional!:-)) incl. fruit, cereal & yogurt (免費早餐)
- Free LOCAL phone calls (免費本地電話)
- Laundry Facilities (洗衣機等設備)
- Hair Dryer (吹風機)
- Free Easy/Yoyo Card (免費公車悠遊卡)
- Free Tea & Coffee (免費早餐、茶、咖啡)
- Guide to Taichung (台中導覽)
- Complimentary maps (En / 中文) (中英雙語台中地圖)
- TWO free bicycles for guest use (免費兩個腳踏車供房客使用)
- Free Travel Kit..incl. travel adapters, batteries etc. (插頭轉接器、電池)
- Chinese Learning Books/Phrase books (中文/成語學習 工具書)
- Nearby Taxi stand (緊臨/靠近計程車招呼站)
- Help organizing your trip! (樂意24小時隨時協助您!)
- Two friendly cats! :) (兩隻友好的貓)
As soon as you book the room, instructions (with photos) will be emailed to you to read and ask questions. :)
Around Central Taiwan: (by bus)
Lugang (40 mins), Puli (35 mins), Sun Moon Lake (1 hour), Changhwa Buddha (30 mins), Sanyi (30 mins), Miaoli (40 mins) or even the giddy heights of Mount Hehuan Shan (3300m) (2 hrs).
Around Taichung: (by bus)
Taichung Train Station - about 15 mins
Zhong Xiao Night Market (Recommended) - 5-6 mins
Dali Defang Night Market - 5 mins
Art Museum - 20 mins
Yi Zhong Night Market - 20 mins
Science Museum & Botanical Gardens - 25 mins (2 buses)
921 Earthquake Museum - 30 mins
PULI - 35 mins - DIRECT BUS (from outside apartment) (Change AT Puli to Sun Moon Lake)
Balloon Museum - 30 mins
Guidebooks in your room have Ideas!!
The apartment is clean and located in the ‘suburb’ of Dali City, Taichung, about 15 mins by bus from the central train station or a 3 min walk to a taxi stand. If you can call before hand, I can either meet you at the train station or HSR (High Speed Rail) or least provide directions for a taxi or meet you if needed. :) I also live at home so I'll always be nearby if you need help at any time during your stay in Taiwan. Finding a taxi is easy or the room has several numbers for you to call. For cat lovers, there are also two lovely cats lying around the living room to play with! :)
Local area is a traditional and safe one. Locals often burn incense to keep away ghosts and children play in the street. Life here is slower and has a happy, warming atmosphere that I really appreciate. While here, please feel free to wander around the local vegetable markets, nearby night markets, temples or get lost down some of Dali's many back roads...
The apartment has Wi-Fi in all the rooms, cable TV and cooking tools if you like to cook. The WIFI information is on a bulletin board in your bedroom. Fruit and mineral water are kept in the kitchen for your stay and with plenty of space to put food you've bought.. If you need anything else, I'll do my best to buy it in. In case of extra guests, there's a sofa bed too.
Please try to check in before 5:30pm if possible, as the door guard will leave before that time and the building door may be closed. If your flight is late, I'll probably be home to meet you and help you come upstairs. Otherwise, just ask the guard at the door to assist you. He's really friendly and been there as long as the building I think!
If you like biking, there's a mountain bike free for use in the apartment. Alternatively, road-worthy mountain bikes can be hired at a nearby Giant Store for use on one of many bike trails around Taichung. There's an excellent ride along the river just through Dali that goes into the mountains nearby...
For hiking, Dakeng isn't too far away and can be reached by taking the Fengyuan bus service. Dakeng offers 10 trails from the infamous 'monkey' trail to the more sedate 'garden' trails - recently renovated! These can all get pretty crowded on the weekend, so week days are best recommended for visiting them.
- Bed linen, towels and Extra Blankets Included
- Air Conditioning
- Personal bathroom
- Wall-mounted fan, Bedside fan
- Desk and chair (for watching movies, work)
- Full-length wardrobe (with mirror)
- Free WiFi & Cable TV
- Free Breakfast
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Free Easy Card
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Guide to Taichung
- Complimentary maps (En / 中文)
- Free bicycle for guest use
- Free Travel Kit..incl. travel adapters, batteries etc.
- Chinese Learning Books/Phrase books
- Taxi stand around the corner
- Driver Booking Service for 1-3 day trips around Taiwan
- Round-the-clock help from your friendly host! :)
Interaction with guests
I'm always on hand to help out with travels details, finding a bus or just having a chat about life in Taiwan. I've lived overseas for 15 years now and I love hearing about other people's travel experiences and adventures.
1. Please be neat and tidy.
2. Turn off the AC when you leave the room.
2. Please wash pots after use. Don't leave them standing idly.
3. Be nice to the cats and they'll love you for it.
4. When you check out please place the key in my mailbox as you leave.
5. Please give me a call or send me a message 24 hours before you arrive to let me know your approximate arrival time.
6. Lastly, treat this place as your own home and I'll be happy. :)
** Come as a guest, Leave as a friend! **
Having spent the last 12 years travelling the world, I'm now settled in Taiwan teaching English, running a small business, learning [traditional] Chinese and tending to two self-absorbed cats! I like hiking, biking and traveling so when I'm not hosting, I try to get away whenever I can.
I'm originally from the United Kingdom (UK). I've had some fantastic experiences while traveling and made some super friends while doing so. I believe we learn from every experience and every person we meet.
Taichung is an awesome location for either taking a breather from the rigors of the travel or exploring the cultural wonders of Central Taiwan. Having been here five years now, I've traveled widely around the isle of Formosa and I'll be happy to provide tips on interesting places to experience while your here.
Above all, whether you want to relax with a good book or movie, or explore the nooks and crannies of this fascinating island, I aim to make your stay here as easy as possible.