About this listing
Stylish apartment exclusively used for holiday rental. Just steps away from the Acropolis, the Acropolis museum and the archaeological sites, it has the unique feature that it has been built above a roman bath complex dating back to the 2nd century AD. The site belongs to the 3rd Ephorate, is not open to the public but can be visited by our guests, who will no doubt feel the magic of living and sleeping above the ruins.
Recently refurbished, bright, spacious and very quiet, it has a small yard with an awning, chairs and a table, an ideal place to sit back and enjoy your breakfast or a traditional Greek meal delivered at your doorstep at a surprisingly affordable price(contact details provided upon booking).
The neighborhood is lively and very safe with many restaurants, bars and coffee shops. A full list of them - and much more- will be provided upon booking.
A supermarket (open till 23.00 daily) and one of the best bakeries in Athens are across the road.
*10 min walk to Plaka
*10 min. walk to the National Gardens
* 10 min.walk to the Museum of Modern Art (opens 2014)
* Next to the Herodus Atticus Odeon where most of the performances of the Athens Festival take place.
* Next to Segway and Hop On - Hop Off Bus.
* Next to the pedestrian route that goes past the Herodus Atticus Odeon and arrives at Thission, the Ancient Agora and the Keramikos Cemetery.
* Next to Syngrou Avenue that leads to the seafront (30 min.by bus).
* Sofa bed that comfortably sleeps two in the living room. A baby cot can be provided upon request.
*In the bedroom, there is a double bed that can be converted into two twin beds. Top quality mattresses.
*Modern bathroom - hairdryer, toiletries, ladies kit, first aid kit provided.
* Washing machine.
*Separated fully fitted and fully equipped kitchen with all the cooking amenities.
* Microwave, kettle, coffee maker, toast maker, oven.
*Iron and ironing board.
*Screens at all the windows.
*Fully air conditioned.
* Flat screen satellite TV.
* Wi fi connection
*Free local calls
* DVD player and DVDs
*CD player and CDs
*Selection of English books
*Selection of books, maps and guides of Athens
* Mobile phone with Greek number upon request.
* Towels and linen provided.
* Excellent transport links by bus and metro (Acropolis metro station).
* Linked with the El. Venizelos International Airport by the X95 bus that runs 24/7 or with the suburban metro.
* Two indoor parkings within walking distance.
* No deposit
Communication languages: english, french, italian, greek.
You can also visit our other listings on airbnb "Stylish Apartment-Heart of Athens" in Athens , "39 Steps From the Sea" and "139 Steps From the Sea" on the island of Evia.
You are kindly requested to refrain from smoking in the house. Please show the maximum consideration for the other tenants when sitting outdoors at the back yard.
No drugs, no guns!
Since I do not live close to the apartment, I need to know at least one week before your arrival in Athens, the number of your flight and your scheduled arrival time. This will enable me to plan the delivery of the keys. Thank you!