About this listing
10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse.Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
Recently renovated (2012), 38sqm apartment, in the heart of cologne (10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river promenade; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse/fair & Lanxess-Arena), in one of the coolest neighborhoods of cologne; surrounded with many nice bars, restaurants, shops & international cinemas, screening movies in original language. Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
The apartment was designed to give our guests homey feelings with a touch of style & indulgence.
The living room is equipped with a sofa bed (140cm width) & a double bed in the sleeping niche, which is separable by a lovely pink bling. The room can accommodate 4 guests (who like sleeping in pairs). There is also an expandable dining table standing by the window & a small TV with a DVD player & DVB-T receiver. In our little library, you can find a nice collection of books, music & movies, for your personal use & pleasure.
The bathroom contains a real bath, great for an hour of relaxation, after a long day of shopping, museums & brewhouse hopping.
Our kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking needs; including a dishwasher, water cooker, coffee maker, fridge, freezer & an electric oven/stove, ready for making a delicious strudel.
When the weather allows, we recommend using the chairs & table outside, for having a glass of wine or hot chocolate, with a view of the Cologne cathedral. Although smoking is prohibited in the apartment, this spot is perfect for the occasional puff.
Clean bed linen & towels are included. For long periods - washing machine & cleaning service is available upon request.
Official check in time is usually from 15:00.
Check out is possible until 11:00.
* Usually owners who provide internet, up the price of their flats, to cover the costs; because many of our guests don't require internet & we wish to keep our price reasonable, we charge €8/week only from people who wish to use it (the fee will be charged cash directly from the guests).
Feel free to contact us with any inquiries.
• No smoking inside. The entryway is equipped with chairs & a table & can be used for this purpose.
• No pets allowed.
• Rates may vary in times of exhibitions & other events.
airbnb say "Top listings have over 50 words in the house rules", so here is a list of 10 little-known facts about Cologne:
1. Cologne is Germany’s fourth-largest city.
2. You'll have to climb the 509 steps to the top of the Cathedrala to enjoy the magnificent view of the city and its surroundings.
3. Cologne is known as the city of churches, with 12 large Roman churches located within the medieval city walls.
4. It is home to a museum dedicated entirely to chocolate!
5. It is home to over 40 museums and more than 110 galleries.
6. Every year in July, Cologne hosts Germany’s largest high-altitude musical firework display - the “Cologne Lights” ("Koelner Lichter").
7. Cologne has its own beer, which is known as Kölsch. The name Kölsch is protected by law so that only beers brewed in and around Köln can bear the name.
8. Cologne is home to one of Europe’s largest Pride events. During the first weekend in July every year, more than half a million participants and visitors come together in Cologne’s city centre to party.
9. Cologne’s Schildergasse is Germany’s most visited shopping boulevard.
10. Cologne was the hometown of Italian expatriate Johann Maria Farina, who created a fragrance and named it after the city. Eau de Cologne or “water from Cologne” is still famous the world-over, and still produced in Cologne today.
* facts were taken from cactus language training website.
Wow what a lovely apartment. We had a fantastic time in Cologne.
Thank you so much Yoni and Gabriela!
My husband, our son, and I had a wonderful stay at Yoni & Gabriela's apartment. The apartment is exactly as described and as appears in the photos, very clean and well-designed space, plenty of natural light, very open-feeling. Communication with Y&G was easy, as was our communication with their neighbor, who gave us the key and showed us everything about the apartment. The location is excellent, easy walking distance to the main train station, but mostly we used the nearby Hansaring station. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, as well as a good supermarket, as recommended by Y&G. The neighborhood is quiet but very central.
My friend and I had a really great experience at Yoni & Gabriela's. It was a real retreat in a quiet part of the city that is still a 10-min walk from the city centre. They were very proactive in making arrangements from afar and their friend who let us in was really lovely too. Would highly recommend this place. (A bonus is that there is an elevator - uncommon in Europe!)
Yoni & Gabriela's place is exactly as described and as the photos show. It's really clean and comfortable and feels like a home from home. It was perfect for us two travelling with a 2.5 year old who enjoyed sleeping on the fold out bed. It's also located in a great central spot within easy reach of all the main sights. Highly recommend.
Alles bestens, sehr schönes, gepflegtes und sauberes Appartement in Top-Lage, problemlose Schlüsselübergabe. Habe mich die vier Tage sehr wohl gefühlt. Besten Dank.
We had a good couple of days in Cologne staying at Y&G's place. It's an easy ~10 minute walk from the train station, cathedral, and center of town. There are nice places to eat and drink within a few blocks, and the hosts helpfully left some recommendations (and a nice surprise of a little champagne to welcome us). They had excellent communication and arranged for a neighbor to give us the key.
The apartment isn't huge but was fine for our needs. There's access to a little balcony, and lots of light, especially in the morning. Bed was OK, might be a little firm for some, depending on your preference. Overall we had a good time and were happy with the stay.
This host has 25 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Yoni & Gabriela
It was early 2012, when, after long months of hard work, we finally gave birth to our newly renovated, vacation apartment, in the center of Cologne, Germany. We put our heart & soul, making this flat cozy, warm & homey for our future guests. Now, After a few years of renting out our apartment in Cologne and receiving great reviews from our amazing guests, we feel that it's also time to share our private residence with the people of airbnb.