About this listing
10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse. Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
38sqm apartment, in the heart of cologne (10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river promenade; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse/fair & Lanxess-Arena), in one of the coolest neighborhoods of cologne; surrounded with many nice bars, restaurants, shops & international cinemas, screening movies in original language. Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
The apartment was designed to give our guests homey feelings with a touch of style & indulgence.
The living room is equipped with a sofa bed (140cm width) & a double bed in the sleeping niche, which is separable by a lovely pink blind. The room can accommodate 4 guests (who like sleeping in pairs). There is also an expandable dining table standing by the window & a small TV with a DVD player & DVB-T receiver. In our little library, you can find a nice collection of books, music & movies, for your personal use & pleasure.
The bathroom contains a real bath, great for an hour of relaxation, after a long day of shopping, museums & brewhouse hopping.
Our kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking needs; including a dishwasher, water cooker, coffee maker, fridge, freezer & an electric oven/stove, ready for making a delicious strudel.
When the weather allows, we recommend using the chairs & table outside, for having a glass of wine or hot chocolate, with a view of the Cologne cathedral. Although smoking is prohibited in the apartment, this spot is perfect for the occasional puff.
Clean bed linen & towels are included.
Official check in time is usually from 15:00.
Check out is possible until 11:00.
* Usually owners who provide internet, have to raise their nightly rate, to cover the costs; because many of our guests don't require internet and we wish to keep our price reasonable, we charge €8 only from people who wish to use it (the fee is charged cash directly from the guests).
Feel free to contact us with any inquiries.
• No smoking inside. The entryway is equipped with chairs and a table and can be used for this purpose.
• No pets allowed.
• Rates may vary in times of exhibitions & other events.
airbnb say "Top listings have over 50 words in the house rules", so here is a list of 10 little-known facts about Cologne:
1. Cologne is Germany's fourth-largest city.
2. You'll have to climb the 509 steps to the top of the Cathedrala to enjoy the magnificent view of the city and its surroundings.
3. Cologne is known as the city of churches, with 12 large Roman churches located within the medieval city walls.
4. It is home to a museum dedicated entirely to chocolate!
5. It is home to over 40 museums and more than 110 galleries.
6. Every year in July, Cologne hosts Germany's largest high-altitude musical firework display - the “Cologne Lights" ("Koelner Lichter").
7. Cologne has its own beer, which is known as Kölsch. The name Kölsch is protected by law so that only beers brewed in and around Köln can bear the name.
8. Cologne is home to one of Europe's largest Pride events. During the first weekend in July every year, more than half a million participants and visitors come together in Cologne's city centre to party.
9. Cologne's Schildergasse is Germany's most visited shopping boulevard.
10. Cologne was the hometown of Italian expatriate Johann Maria Farina, who created a fragrance and named it after the city. Eau de Cologne or “water from Cologne" is still famous the world-over, and still produced in Cologne today.
* facts were taken from cactus language training website.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 74 reviews for other properties.View other reviews