10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse.Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
Recently renovated (2012), 38sqm apartment, in the heart of cologne (10 minute walk from Cologne's famous cathedral, the Central train station & the Rhine river promenade; 2 local train stops from Koelnmesse/fair & Lanxess-Arena), in one of the coolest neighborhoods of cologne; surrounded with many nice bars, restaurants, shops & international cinemas, screening movies in original language. Located a sneeze away from all the commotion & yet, you can still hear the local birds sing their morning chansons.
The apartment was designed to give our guests homey feelings with a touch of style & indulgence.
The living room is equipped with a sofa bed (140cm width) & a double bed in the sleeping niche, which is separable by a lovely pink bling. The room can accommodate 4 guests (who like sleeping in pairs). There is also an expandable dining table standing by the window & a small TV with a DVD player & DVB-T receiver. In our little library, you can find a nice collection of books, music & movies, for your personal use & pleasure.
The bathroom contains a real bath, great for an hour of relaxation, after a long day of shopping, museums & brewhouse hopping.
Our kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking needs; including a dishwasher, water cooker, coffee maker, fridge, freezer & an electric oven/stove, ready for making a delicious strudel.
When the weather allows, we recommend using the chairs & table outside, for having a glass of wine or hot chocolate, with a view of the Cologne cathedral. Although smoking is prohibited in the apartment, this spot is perfect for the occasional puff.
Clean bed linen & towels are included. For long periods - washing machine & cleaning service is available upon request.
Official check in time is usually from 15:00.
Check out is possible until 11:00.
* Usually owners who provide internet, up the price of their flats, to cover the costs; because many of our guests don't require internet & we wish to keep our price reasonable, we charge €8/week only from people who wish to use it (the fee will be charged cash directly from the guests).
Feel free to contact us with any inquiries.
• No smoking inside. The entryway is equipped with chairs & a table & can be used for this purpose.
• No pets allowed.
• Rates may vary in times of exhibitions & other events.
airbnb say "Top listings have over 50 words in the house rules", so here is a list of 10 little-known facts about Cologne:
1. Cologne is Germany’s fourth-largest city.
2. You'll have to climb the 509 steps to the top of the Cathedrala to enjoy the magnificent view of the city and its surroundings.
3. Cologne is known as the city of churches, with 12 large Roman churches located within the medieval city walls.
4. It is home to a museum dedicated entirely to chocolate!
5. It is home to over 40 museums and more than 110 galleries.
6. Every year in July, Cologne hosts Germany’s largest high-altitude musical firework display - the “Cologne Lights” ("Koelner Lichter").
7. Cologne has its own beer, which is known as Kölsch. The name Kölsch is protected by law so that only beers brewed in and around Köln can bear the name.
8. Cologne is home to one of Europe’s largest Pride events. During the first weekend in July every year, more than half a million participants and visitors come together in Cologne’s city centre to party.
9. Cologne’s Schildergasse is Germany’s most visited shopping boulevard.
10. Cologne was the hometown of Italian expatriate Johann Maria Farina, who created a fragrance and named it after the city. Eau de Cologne or “water from Cologne” is still famous the world-over, and still produced in Cologne today.
* facts were taken from cactus language training website.
Yoni & Gabriela were very helpful in this trip, when we arrived to the apartment they had left a lot of tips for places to visit, restaurants and supermarkets. The neighborhood was nice and safe. The apartment was exactly as described and as in the pictures. Wonderful place to stay, definitely would recommend it!
Yoni und Gabrielas Wohnung ist sehr zentral gelegen, gemütlich und ruhig. Sie war genau wie in der Beschreibung bzw. auf den Bildern. Die Schlüssel habe ich von Yoni und Gabrielas Nachbarin bekommen, die Schlüsselübergabe und Terminvereinbarung war unkompliziert. Das WLAN hat einwandfrei funktioniert und alles andere auch. Ich würde die Wohnung weiterempfehlen.
Yoni & Gabriela's place was fantastic. Exactly as the pictures suggest and all as described. They left a lovely welcome note and some useful tips for our arrival. Great location for spending a weekend in Colonge.
We had a great weekend in Cologne. Yoni & Gabriela's apartment is warm and comfortable, clean and very nice. Everything that we needed was there. There was a message from Yoni and Gabriela listing some of the local places to eat on the table when we went in along with some nice sparkling wine.
The guys who let us into the apartment and gave us the key were very nice and helpful.
The apartment is in a quite residential area, we were amazed how quite it was both day and night considering that it is in a large city.
At our walking speed it took us just 8 mins to walk from the apartment to the Cathedral and the central railway station.
Thanks to Yoni & Gabriela, when we visit Cologne again would love to stay here again. I would recommend this apartment to my family and friends if they were to visit Cologne.
We were very glad to stay a couple of days in this apartment.
Everything was as expected and described!
The flat was very clean and very convenient to visit the city.
The contact with the host was efficient and fast and we were nicely received by the key giver.
Only the 8€ weekly internet flat-rate option is too expensive for 2 nights short connexions. A more flexible solution can surely be improved.
Anyway we definitely recommend the apartment for its good value.
We spent 5 nights in the apartment and we found it very nice and comfortable. It was exactly what we expected from the pictures. Nice, well equipped, very clean. The lady who gave us the key is leaving next door and this is very useful in case you need any help she is right next door. She has been very nice, in particular the last day, when we needed, after the check out, to leave the luggages until late in the afternoon and she offered to keep them in her apartment. This was very kind of her. The neighbor is quite, lot of restaurants (especially turkish restaurants) 2 minutes from the apartment. Very close to Hansaring SBahn station (1 stop from the Dom).
Due to the delay of bus from Brussels, we arrived in Cologne very late at night but Johanna still greeted us nicely and showed us around the house. Although we didn't meet Yoni and Gabriela in person, the communication between us was smooth and they provided us with everything we needed. The house looks better than the photos! Very comfy and relaxing after a long-day exploration in the city. The location of the apartment is very close to Cologne HBF, it's just in walking distance. Check-in and check-out time was really flexible, if the flat is available. We would definitely recommend this apartment and come back again if we come back to Cologne again!
One thing to note is that if you need network, you have to pay 8euro for a week. We personally found it reasonable and we paid for it :P
This host has 13 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
It was early 2012, when, after long months of hard work, we finally gave birth to our newly renovated, vacation apartment, in the center of Cologne, Germany. We put our heart & soul, making this flat cozy, warm & homey for our future guests. Now, After a few years of renting out our apartment in Cologne and receiving great reviews from our amazing guests, we feel that it's also time to share our private residence with the people of airbnb.