About this listing
Our oasis. Enjoy peace and tranquility in our very private and self contained guest house. Lay out by the pool, take the bikes out for a short ride to the waters edge or a 3 minute walk to some of the area's best eateries. A foodies paradise.
This hip, newly furnished studio can be your ticket to being a local in sunny Marina Del Rey neighborhood in beautiful California. It's just a bike ride away from tourist attractions like the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach and from local hot spots like the Marina, the A frame, Sunny Spot and Abbott Kinney. Location isn't the only thing this studio has going for it. It has a private gated entrance that leads you through the garden to your exclusive patio as you enter into the 480-square-foot luxury studio. It includes a quartz kitchenette, tiled bathroom and a tropical, resort style pool. With hard wood floors, leather bed and sofa, wireless internet, cable and fireplace make this studio a place you'd want to call home.. even if it's just for the weekend.
We had a tenant for 2 years and just really missed having this very peaceful, relaxing and serene space available- so we decided to go with AirBNB, so we can still enjoy it on occasion.
We love this space and we are sure you will too!
- Kitchenette w/ an Induction Cooktop and Quartz Countertops
- Refrigerator, Microwave, convection oven
- Private, tiled bathroom w/ shower, toilet and sink/cabinet, blow dryer
- Wallmount Flat Screen HD T.V. with premium cable channels (showtime/HBO) and DVR
- Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker with a nice selection of coffee/teas
- Queen Size Leather Bed, new pillow top mattresses, down alternative comforter and anti-dust mattress/pillow covers (extra blankets and pillows for added comfort)
- Leather Sofa w/ coordinating coffee table/storage ottoman
-iPhone/iPod compatible stereo system
- Luxury Linens, mattress pad and pillow covers under the cases
- Lots of Closet Space- 5 foot w/ lots of space for hanging, shelves and plenty of drawer space for keeping your clothes/luggage out of sight. 2 robes in the closet for your use.
- ironing board and iron
- Counter Height Cherry Wood Dinette Set for 4
- Heating from electric Fireplace and refreshing ceiling fan. We are very, very close to the beach and we are ocean facing- air conditioning not needed here.
-Flatware- plus all utensils needed for cooking
-pots, pans, glasses, Wine glasses, coffee mugs
-Keurig Coffee Maker, Refrigerator, Microwave, Convection Oven and Convection Cooktop
- Covection Single Cooktop and mid size refrigerator (4ft tall) with Freezer
-Kitchen towels, pot holders
- Custom design cabinets
- Tiled shower, walls and floor
- Glass enclosed shower with Oversized Rain shower head
- Brand new, one-piece toilet
- Liquid hand soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, First Aid kit, cotton swaps etc. EVERYTHING you could need, just in case you left something at home.
-Tropical Resort style Salt Water pool and Jacuzzi- 8 ft deep with 6-12" shallow wading area- perfect for cooling off.
-Deadbolt Keypad Entry System into Studio and Private Gated/Keyed entrance from the street
-Private Patio (3 piece- table and chairs)- Great for morning coffee.
- Private Garden Entrance- Solar Lit path and along the fencing- at night
- The backyard is divided into 2 spaces. Studio entrance and garden (on one side) and short 3 ft fence separates our back entrance to the lush backyard and pool.
- Studio restroom has private access to the pool and jacuzzi w/ jets.
- 2 Adult bikes, 1 child bike and helmet for your use.
- Beach towels, Beach umbrella etc.- Volleyball, Soccer Ball, Basketball etc.
- Plenty of free street parking available. Residential neighborhood of single family homes, where most use their own driveway to park.
- No restrictions at all for street parking (no permit required, no meters, no cleaning days)
Guest w/ Children:
- We can provide an air mattress if needed.
- We can also stock the studio with building toys, board games etc.
- Also, if you would like a night out for a romantic dinner- we can recommend a very responsible teenage, honor student and reasonably priced sitter for a few hours.
- 2 family friendly parks within walking distance.
Rates: $125 weeknights-$135 Friday/Saturdays- with a 2 night minimum, $750 week for stays of 7 days, $2500 monthly rate. $30 cleaning fee for stays of 2 nights or longer, weekly stays will have cleaning on the 4th day of your stay. Monthly stays will have maid service once a week- on weekend.
Early check-in available if studio is vacant the night before.
0.8 miles from the Marina
3.0 miles from Venice Pier
5.0 miles from the Santa Monica Pier/Third Street Promenade
Walking distance to restaurants and bars, 2 farmers markets within 1 mile- Friday in Venice and Sunday in Mar Vista (great for breakfast or an early lunch).
Short 10 min drive to LAX- $20 cab ride to our your studio.
Public transit is within a 2-3 min walk. My daughter has created a notebook with bus schedules, maps and local restaurants/bars and attractions.
Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Studios Hollywood are about 40 minutes away and we have a car rental a few blocks from our home.
All of the local attractions -Venice (90291), Marina Del Rey (90292) and Santa Monica (90405)- listed above are all within a bike ride. Two bikes are available for your use.
Pool and jacuzzi available anytime. Very private backyard.
Interaction with Guests
Very little interaction- Usually in and out, so very private.
Very quiet, primarily single family home neighborhood with plenty of free street parking. Lots of very high quality restaurants within walking distance of our home.
Bike, bus, walking or car.
Other Things to Note
While the studio is private and self-contained, you may be sharing the backyard and pool with my family. We are on the property in the main house at all times.
No pets. No smoking inside the property, outside on the patio okay.
2 Kids or 1 extra adult- $20 per night, air mattress can be provided.
Swimsuits required in pool and jacuzzi.
Quiet and relaxed neighborhood, not a party or spring break property.
Adult supervision required (for children) when using the pool- no lifeguard on duty.
My husband and I are young professionals (I'm a teacher and he's a Marketing director), parents and foodies. We are so fortunate to be residents of an amazing community that makes us feel like we are in a small town- not a large, urban, metropolitan city. We met over 20 years ago and have been exploring the westside together ever since. We have 2 children, a teenage daughter and 8 year old son. We love to travel and enjoy VERY GOOD food. We've been to China, which has been our favorite destination so far and Greece, Italy, Great Britain and Russia.
We look forward to your visit with us, so we can share our community of excellent restaurants, great hangouts and a relaxing vacation- where you too can experience the Westside, like a local.