About this listing
This hip, newly furnished studio can be your ticket to being a local in sunny Marina Del Rey neighborhood in beautiful California. It's just a bike ride away from tourist attractions like the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach and from local hot spots like the Marina, the A frame, Sunny Spot and Abbott Kinney. Location isn't the only thing this studio has going for it. It has a private gated entrance that leads you through the garden to your exclusive patio as you enter into the 480-square-foot luxury studio. It includes a granite kitchenette, slate stone bathroom and a tropical, resort style pool. With hard wood floors, leather bed and sofa, wireless internet, cable and fireplace make this studio a place you'd want to call home.. even if it's just for the weekend.
We had a tenant for 2 years and just really missed having this very peaceful, relaxing and serene space available- so we decided to go with AirBNB, so we can still enjoy it on occasion.
We love this space and we are sure you will too!
- Kitchenette w/ Convection Cooktop and Granite Countertops
- Refrigerator, Microwave, convection oven
- Private, natural stone bathroom w/ shower, toilet and sink/cabinet, blow dryer
- Wallmount Flat Screen HD T.V. with premium cable channels (showtime/HBO) and DVR
- Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker with a nice selection of coffee/teas
- Queen Size Leather Bed, new pillow top mattresses, down alternate comforter and anti-dust mattress/pillow covers (extra blankets and pillows for added comfort)
- Leather Sofa w/ coordinating coffee table/storage ottoman
-iPhone/iPod compatible stereo system
- Luxury Linens, mattress pad and pillow covers under the cases
- Lots of Closet Space- 5 foot w/ lots of space for hanging, shelves and pleanty of drawer space for keep your clothes/luggage out of sight. 2 robes in the closet for your use.
- ironing board and iron
- Counter Height Cherry Wood Dinette Set for 4
- Heating from electric Fireplace and ceiling fan. We are very, very close to the beach and we are ocean facing- air conditioning not needed here.
-Flatware- plus all utensils needed for cooking
-pots, pans, glasses, Wine glasses, coffee mugs
-Keurig Coffee Maker, Refrigerator, Microwave, Convection Oven and Convection Cooktop
- Covection Single Cooktop and mid size refrigerator (4ft tall) with Freezer
-Kitchen towels, pot holders
- Custom design cabinets
- Slate stone shower, walls and floors
- Glass enclosed shower with Oversized Rain shower head
- Brand new, one-piece toilet
- Liquid hand soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, First Aid kit, cotton swaps etc. EVERYTHING you could need, just in case you left something at home.
-Tropical Resort style Salt Water pool and Jacuzzi- 8 ft deep with 6-12" shallow wading area- perfect for cooling off.
-Deadbolt Keypad Entry System into Studio and Private Gated/Keyed entrance from the street
-Private Patio (3 piece- table and chairs)- Great for morning coffee.
- Private Garden Entrance- Solar Lit path and along the fencing- at night
- The backyard is divided into 2 spaces. Studio entrance and garden (on one side) and short 3 ft fence separates our back entrance to the lush backyard and pool.
- Studio restroom has private access to the pool and jacuzzi w/ jets.
- 2 Adult bikes, 1 child bike and helmet for your use.
- Beach towels, Beach umbrella etc.- Volleyball, Soccer Ball, Basketball etc.
- Plenty of street parking available. Residential neighborhood of single family homes, where most use their own driveway to park.
- No restrictions at all for street parking (no permit required, no meters, no cleaning days)
Guest w/ Children:
- We can provide an air mattress if needed.
- We can also stock the studio with building toys, board games etc.
- Also, if you would like a night out for a romantic dinner- we can recommend a very responsible teenage, honor student and reasonably priced sitter for a few hours.
- 2 family friendly parks within walking distance.
Rates: $125 weeknights-$135 Friday/Saturdays- with a 2 night minimum, $750 week for stays of 7 days, $2500 monthly rate. $30 cleaning fee for stays of 2 nights or longer, weekly stays will have cleaning on the 4th day of your stay. Monthly stays will have maid service once a week- on weekend.
Early check-in available if studio is vacant the night before.
0.8 miles from the Marina
3.0 miles from Venice Pier
5.0 miles from the Santa Monica Pier/Third Street Promenade
Walking distance to restaurants and bars, 2 farmers markets within 1 mile- Friday in Venice and Sunday in Mar Vista (great for breakfast or an early lunch).
Short 10 min drive to LAX- $20 cab ride to our your studio.
Public transit is within a 2-3 min walk. My daughter has created a notebook with bus schedules, maps and local restaurants/bars and attractions.
Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Studios Hollywood are about 40 minutes away and we have a car rental a few blocks from our home.
All of the local attractions -Venice (90291), Marina Del Rey (90292) and Santa Monica (90405)- listed above are all within a bike ride. Two bikes are available for your use.
Pool and jacuzzi available anytime. Very private bac yard.
Interaction with Guests
Very little interaction- Usually in and out, so very private.
Very quiet, primarily single family home neighborhood with plenty of free street parking. Lots of very high quality restaurants within walking distance of our home.
Bike, bus, walking or car.
No pets. No smoking inside the property, outside on the patio okay.
2 Kids or 1 extra adult- $20 per night, air mattress can be provided.
Swimsuits required in pool and jacuzzi.
Quiet and relaxed neighborhood, not a party or spring break property.
Adult supervision required (for children) when using the pool- no lifeguard on duty.
This was our second stay at Rose Ann's urban oasis. Great location, wonderful accomodation (all as described) and a host who is always responsive and gives you all the privacy you need. All in all a great stay, and we certainly will be back.
The house was located in an ideal location if you want to be in west LA. The pool and jacuzzi were amazing as the backyard felt like a hidden oasis. Parking was fine. Internet was good. Rosa was nice enough to leave drinks and snacks. The towel situation was great. Bed was comfortable but had a bit of a loose headboard. Rosa was a great host and respected our space. The fire pit was also great. Will be back again for sure.
We had a wonderful weekend staying at RoseAnn's place. Great location, very private and a very lovely space. Highly recommend staying here!!
Sadly dissapointing. After a long drive all we wanted was to enjoy the pool w wine in hand. Instead we had to stay inside & close all the curtains because there was a gardening crew working on sprinklers until after 9pm. We recieved 1st message from Rose Ann saying she was sorry about not sending a welcoming message earlier...it slipped by her. Then pointing out that it indicated in Description there would be gardeners on Tuesdays but that is not true. ( Her husband must have noticed the disappointed faces.) It's trivial yet..We're on a (email hidden)voring every day was the plan & looking forward to a little luxury!
Inside was dark, dingy, dusty, Disgusting. I give it a D. lol. & I paid a cleaning deposit for this!! I had to wash a wine glass first thing so I could relax and not let this kill my vibe. I cleaned the dirty sink, dusted a little, wiped the yucky splatteted mirrors etc in bathroom, "wished" the rug had been vacuumed, freshened the burnt down candles & tried not to touch anything or look inside those dark scary cabinets again. Lol..It's funny now because it's in the past.
There were some muffins, bananas, drinks in fridge, coffee but the only sweetener was artifical and & gross basket of fast food packets w spilled honey, Top Ramen, mac n cheese box. Oh & lets not forget the leftover food under the sinkmat.
Bedside light didn't work. Bed was uninviting and hard to believe it could be new. Couch was stinky.
Host did reply to problems with tv remote control. It seemed rediciculous that we couldn't figure it out ourselves but resolved by accepting the fact that you must walk right up to tv & point to control volume...& she just let us think we're crazy instead of informing us that it's a problem. I later read another guest had same issue.
Sad because there is so much potential. If it had been sparkling clean...We would have had an entirely different experience. Felt like unexpected guest who had to make do with an old dingy bachelor pad that was never cleaned.
Shame on you Rose Ann. Get the place deep cleaned.
After a few pleading emails, to extend her 2 day stay- I offered an arrival day 1 day earlier. This had been closed because of pre-scheduled gardening overhaul. When Monica arrived and the gardner was not done- she was asked if the studio was found ok and if the gardener posed an issue- she stated no and thanked me for sharing my home.
We went into the studio twice to help with the remote and after typing up detailed instructions- we didn't have any other inquiries- so we assumed everything was ok.
If it wasn't the remote or the gardener- it would've been something else. Bed side light was unplugged
FOOD is not included- I usually just leave a few drinks and breakfast items (yogurts and breads) so that when guest arrive, they don't have to go to the store right away. If other items are in the space- guest are welcome to par take. WOW- unbelievable. When my husband spoke to her on many occassions Monica thanked him over and over. Just unbelievable.
Kohde oli juuri sellainen kuin kuvattu. Ihana yllätys oli tulla pitkän lennon jälkeen ja meille oli ostettu perus tarvikkeita valmiiksi, jotta ei tarvinnut käydä heti kaupassa. Alue oli rauhallinen ja poissa turisti rysistä. Pyörät oli aivan ihanat! Matkaa Venice Beachille oli n 10 kilometriä, mutta meille se ei ainakaan ollut pitkä matka ja pidimme ajelusta. Autojen seassa pyörillä ajaminen ei myöskään tuottanut ongelmia. Jos ei ole autoa, niin kuin meillä niin Hollywoodiinkin pääsee helposti. Pari kilometriä bussi pysäkille, 733 bussilla Expo Line metropysäkille ja siitä metro kestää puoli tuntia. Erittäin kätevää.
Great central location! Close proximity to all things especially to west LA. Studio was private and clean. Didn't get a chance to try pool/tub. Had to take a very cold shower on one of the mornings due to work on gas lines but other than that, great water pressure.
About the Host, Rose Ann
My husband and I are young professionals (I'm a teacher and he's a Marketing director), parents and foodies. We are so fortunate to be residents of an amazing community that makes us feel like we are in a small town- not a large, urban, metropolitan city. We met over 20 years ago and have been exploring the westside together ever since. We have 2 children, a teenage daughter and 8 year old son. We love to travel and enjoy VERY GOOD food. We've been to China, which has been our favorite destination so far and Greece, Italy, Great Britain and Russia.
We look forward to your visit with us, so we can share our community of excellent restaurants, great hangouts and a relaxing vacation- where you too can experience the Westside, like a local.