About this listing
Near all that the Brevard area has to offer, Deer Lodge gives you access to the natural beauty of the state parks, including DuPont State Forest, plus is a short drive to downtown and only five miles from "Pretty Place" Chapel at Camp Greenville.
Deer Lodge in Cedar Mountain, NC is a classic English Tudor style log home beautifully situated high on a hill above a meadow and with a spectacular mountain view. You will see that the decor, furnishings and custom interior features are reminiscent of an English country lodge.
Beautiful downtown Brevard, NC, with it's hometown charm, festivals and ambiance is just a few minutes drive. Asheville, NC (home of the world famous Biltmore Estate) and Greenville, SC and all of their attractions are within easy driving distance as well.
Recreation abounds nearby as the property, sitting squarely on the NC/SC state line, abuts South Carolina’s Jones Gap State Park. Along with Caesar's Head State Park, Jones Gap is a part of the 11,000 acre Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area. Deer Lodge guests will have access to the hiking trails and the wild and scenic Middle Saluda River right from the back door.
On the North Carolina side, it is only a 5 mile drive to DuPont State Recreational Forest for mountain biking or hiking while visiting the park’s magnificent waterfalls. The park also just served as the setting for the filming of "The Hunger Games". Transylvania County, North Carolina is also home to Pisgah National Forest and Jocassee Gorges State Park. This "Land of Waterfalls" is your personal playground when you are a guest at Deer Lodge.
Deer Lodge in Cedar Mountain, NC is ideally situated within a few miles of both Symmes Chapel ("Pretty Place") at Camp Greenville and Faith Memorial Chapel at Stone's Lake. The home's style, decor, custom features and expansiveness make it perfectly suited for wedding party accommodations, rehearsal dinners, receptions and other wedding-related events. The setting, both inside the home with its vaulted great room and outside on the deck or in the garden, provides excellent opportunities for wedding photos. Be sure to make plans for your photographer to visit Deer Lodge for photos before or after the ceremony.
If you are planning your wedding at "Pretty Place" , Deer Lodge will allow you and your guests to spend the night just four miles from the chapel. Faith Memorial Chapel at Stone's Lake is a similar distance away. With the lodge accommodating twelve in six bedrooms, three with bathrooms en suite, your entire party will be comfortable. Brides will be sure to enjoy the large Master Suite with fireplace and its mirrored dressing room as they and their attendants prepare for the big day. Please reach us with any questions regarding Pretty Place or Faith Chapel weddings. We can help you plan flowers, catering and other arrangements.
With six bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms (sleeping 12 guests), this 5,000 square foot property and its formal dining room, great room, wet bar, large deck and other common areas can accommodate large groups of family or friends. It's perfect for weddings, holidays, parties, reunions or simple mountain getaways.
- Check-in time on your arrival date is 3 pm EST. Check-out time on your departure date is 11 am EST.
- Pets are not allowed. Please don't ask.
- Children under 16 years of age are not allowed without prior approval
- Smoking is not allowed in the house, on any deck, patio or porch or on the grounds.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person entering the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
- All of the property and furnishings are to be kept in good order. You, as the renter, are responsible for any damage to the home, furnishings or grounds, including excess wear and tear. The home will be inspected immediately upon your departure and you will be notified of damages within 48 hours after your departure.
- No furnishings of any kind are to be moved or rearranged.
- No parties, receptions or events are to be held on the premises during your stay.
- Park only in designated areas, not on the grass.
- No open fires or fireworks anywhere on the property. No firearms are to be brought onto or used the property.
- Be mindful of the use of heat or A/C systems and do not leave doors or windows open while running either system. You will be billed for excessive utilities.
Our family consists of Scott & Becky, plus two children, Emily (21) & Campbell (20) who are both in college. Emily just graduated UNC Chapel Hill and Campbell is at VMI in Lexington, VA. I am a director with a technology company and online retailer in the automotive industry. I travel for work now and, in addition to renting our places on Airbnb.com, I have started to use it for my business travel and have had great experiences. We also now use it when my wife and I go to visit our kids.
We began by renting our Folly Beach, SC condo on Airbnb and since have added a gorgeous lodge home in Cedar Mountain, NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains above Brevard and, in January of 2014, a five room bed and breakfast in downtown Brevard. The innkeeper at Campbell House in downtown is Elaine Wood, my mother.
We all enjoy sports and outdoor activities and like to take advantage of any outdoor opportunities wherever we travel -- running, biking and hiking are some of our favorites. Soccer (or football) is a favorite sport.
Having spent a lot of time in Folly Beach and Charleston and as a 1991 graduate of The Citadel, I am happy to help you plan your trip to the area. My family has enjoyed the town and the beaches for over 30 years and we want you to experience the best of the Lowcountry during your visit. Please reach me with any and all questions about your trip.
I do give preference to all Citadel families as they visit their cadets. The property we've owned at Mariner's Cay since 1989 was a great refuge for me and my family during my years in school and I invite you to enjoy it, too. Please reach me if you are visiting for Homecoming, Parent's Day, Corps Day or any other busy weekend and I will work with you on getting just the dates you need. Go Dogs!